Problem with acceleration using "W"

Relent

I have no axis mappings to my joystick, however, when I try to accelerate using "W" it won't work unless I have my joystick (MS FF 2) centered or even slightly pushed forward. It seems that CA is using my joystick position for the acceleration function in conjunction with the "W" key.

Is there a way to truely have CA ignore the joystick so that the "W" and "S" keys can be used without interference/competition with the joystick y axis?

Thanks...

I'm not sure this is the solution, but you may need to setup some "dead zone" in your joystick settings in DCS.

When the game detects an input from the joystick, it override the keyboard input. Note this should not happen if axis is unallocated.

Have you tried without joystick plugged in ?

I did remove the joystick axis mapping, first thing, this why I posted :). I would rather not unplug my joystick as I would then not be able to jump in a cockpit to fly unless I exited the mission (eg. when hosting). As for a dead zone, as soon as I remove the joystick axis mapping, I don't think I have the ability to adjust the axis settings (ie. fine tune axis). I could add a larger dead zone outside of the sim, but that would affect other sims or DCS aircraft which I don't want to do if I can help it.

No one else has had this issue? Interesting if so.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

I have it too... I thought it is how it was supposed to be. It looks like the controls from ejected pilot somehow interfere. Even the rudder pedals do turn the unit.

I have G940... if it matters.

And another thing related since we are at it. I mapped my mouse for some planes (only) to move the camera outside but with "right click" as modifier... so mouse will not move the camera unless "right click" is also pressed.

In "general" TAB it wasn't set to be necessary the right click for mouse view and that are the view for CA... but... sometimes it was necesary to right click for moving turrent... sometimes not... mostly yes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I would try...

Move your current config files out of the saved games folder and put them someplace for safe keeping.

Run the sim and go into the CA controller config so new files get created.

Test for the problem.

If the problem still exists, just put back your old files since they are not the issue.

I'll try to look into the files ans see if there is something odd...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I looked and after editing manually one file (deleting the content of it where are the axis lines... just the two axis info) the game recreate the file.

The joystick still controls the movement and because I did the same to throttle file the file was also reseted and then the controls for flares appear... wow!

Strange..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

As for 1.2.4 the joystick doesn't control the unit anymore but... There is no axis for BRAKE in controller settings and the ACCELERATION Axis is more of a BRAKE axis. If the unit somehow is still standing at 0KM/h (usually it gets going right away) when I put it into 1st gear if I touch the "Acceleration" Axis it starts moving and then I can release pedal and it will accelerate to 60Km/h a T90 in 7th gear, After the initial jolt the so called ACCELERATION axis actually controls the BRAKE.

Is like Acceleration and Brake are on the same axis and half is for acceleration while the other half for braking... How ever... I am using actual G940 Braking pedals for this and they are separate axis...

I suppose this is made for a Console like controller... which is terrible odd for a "simulator".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
As for 1.2.4 the joystick doesn't control the unit anymore but... There is no axis for BRAKE in controller settings and the ACCELERATION Axis is more of a BRAKE axis. If the unit somehow is still standing at 0KM/h (usually it gets going right away) when I put it into 1st gear if I touch the "Acceleration" Axis it starts moving and then I can release pedal and it will accelerate to 60Km/h a T90 in 7th gear, After the initial jolt the so called ACCELERATION axis actually controls the BRAKE.

Is like Acceleration and Brake are on the same axis and half is for acceleration while the other half for braking... How ever... I am using actual G940 Braking pedals for this and they are separate axis...

I suppose this is made for a Console like controller... which is terrible odd for a "simulator".

Simply activate "Invert" in the axis setting... do you have the issue that you need to constantly move the axis like you need pressing the "w" key to accelerate?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 2 weeks later...
Simply activate "Invert" in the axis setting... do you have the issue that you need to constantly move the axis like you need pressing the "w" key to accelerate?

Yes, exactly... it gets me on my nerves. And on Hills is almost useles with underpowered vehicles. I have to put the AI to climb.

Did you find a solution?

Sorry for late reply... I was flying Sharky lately and missed your post.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, exactly... it gets me on my nerves. And on Hills is almost useles with underpowered vehicles. I have to put the AI to climb.

Did you find a solution?

Sorry for late reply... I was flying Sharky lately and missed your post.

Nope! It seems this is bugged since last update or the one before.

It used to work flawless, but now it seems only a "Key" / Button press is good for a constant input. Analogue axis is useless.

I tried to check in the LUA files, to tweak something, but it does look like this is done in a binary and not just a simple "controller" setting in the LUA Scripts. :cry:

@ ED - can somebody please have a look? Seems the new feature for the acceleration key broke the analog axis...

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

A braking axis would be nice too...

Also... tanks don't they have two controls for each tread? We have split throttles... we could use them. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

depends. modern Tanks have a steering wheel. Turning in place is only possible while standing still first. Even the old M115 need to stop and then you pull a lever overhead to enable turning in place...

Shagrat

• 1 month later...
Nope! It seems this is bugged since last update or the one before.

It used to work flawless, but now it seems only a "Key" / Button press is good for a constant input. Analogue axis is useless.

I tried to check in the LUA files, to tweak something, but it does look like this is done in a binary and not just a simple "controller" setting in the LUA Scripts. :cry:

@ ED - can somebody please have a look? Seems the new feature for the acceleration key broke the analog axis...

Completely agree, jiggling my throttle lever backward and forward to gain forward motion is not good game play :helpsmilie:

I found that this post helped. Even though it starts out about rudder pedals it goes on to throttles.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=102925&highlight=accelerate+axis

Hope it helps. My throttle pedal now works, but I do need to find the sweet spot for each gear (in automatic gear mode) and brakes do not exist!!

Edited by jeywhy

VFR doesn't just mean Visual Flight Rules :thumbup: