Driver position sees through vehicle

Looney

Although I understand and enjoy the cockpit view. Getting in a Stryker and looking down gave me quite a scare :). You can see the wheels, grass, road and look into the back of the vehicle model.

I'll post a few pictures when I get home.

Also, did anyone notice the Hmmv's go reallllllllyyyy fast now?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

You can fine tune the view if you want. The information is in

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\Database\vehicles\Tanks\M1128 Stryker MGS.lua

GT.driverViewPoint = {2.05, 1.915, -0.34};

Change those values around until you are happy.

You can look straight and few degrees to left and right. There is no cabin model atm. So looking behind you is not advised:)

So it is just a picture, instead of a cockpit?

DCS Combined Arms

The ground units HUD info has been modified

Driver cockpit has been added to all controllable ground units

Driver cockpit has been added to ammo trucks, HMMVW 1025 and UAZ-469

New realistic sights have been added for ground vehicles:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Guys do you have CA? Jump in vehicle and press Ctrl-C.

If you don't have CA I wouldn't worry too much about this feature.

It is just a bind for a driver viewpoint attached to existing driveable CA vehicles. Some of those vehicles have a driver cabin as part of the model and this bind puts you in a drivers seat position. You can look around with the mouse.

* I assumed also with TIR and Rift but Kontiuka corrects me below *

It is a just a novelty for users but potentially more useful for people who want to make a new CA vehicle or CA vehicle cockpit or who want to make a CA UI overlay for some vehicles that is driver specific.

Edited by vicx
correction

Guys do you have CA? Jump in vehicle and press Ctrl-C.

If you don't have CA I wouldn't worry too much about this feature.

It is just a bind for a driver viewpoint attached to existing driveable CA vehicles. Some of those vehicles have a driver cabin as part of the model and this bind puts you in a drivers seat position. You can look around with the mouse or with TIR or the Rift.

It is a just a novelty for users but potentially more useful for people who want to make a new CA vehicle or CA vehicle cockpit or who want to make a CA UI overlay for some vehicles that is driver specific.

Yes, I have CA and I have Track IR but I haven't been able to look around the cabin for some reason.

EDIT:I can look around with the mouse but not Track IR.

Edited by kontiuka

Sorry Kontiuka. I corrected my post for TIR and Rift. I will test for the rift when I have time but it is not trivial to just jump in and test right now. I hope this support is there and it just requires configuration.