Operation Piercing Fury - MP Campaign

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't work... the scenario didn't start at the very beginning after the huey take off from crash site... in WELCOME TO SUSE

At the airfield? Never had that problem.

Yes, at the airfield. 3X Huey + 4X A-10c.

The scenario start, Hercule crash, the red truck go near the HUEY, it takes off then nothing happen.

I have run Welcome to Suse A-10 only numerous times and never had that happen. It must be something unique to your system rather than a bug with the mission IMO.

Klunker, you were 100% right, for whatever reason the AI refused to go on the road or past a certain point off road in the area near the big building. I tweaked the mission and played, works all the way through..

Hi Ranger,

Just finished playing the revised version of the online A10C only mission and experienced the same situation only at a slightly different location.

It appeared that the trail AI vehicle got off the road and maybe got stuck with a building in front of it. But I'm just guessing. They both just stopped with apparently more road to travel. I killed the blocking building with guns and the two jeeps moved but only a short distance. No further orders.

Also seems to be some glitch in the radio commands. When the ATC menu is called up the selection are in black lettering and there is no response to F1 etc. Also once the menu is called up it stays up until touch down at the alternate airport. The menu stays up despite hitting F12 to exit.

Hi Ranger,

Just finished playing the revised version of the online A10C only mission and experienced the same situation only at a slightly different location.

It appeared that the trail AI vehicle got off the road and maybe got stuck with a building in front of it. But I'm just guessing. They both just stopped with apparently more road to travel. I killed the blocking building with guns and the two jeeps moved but only a short distance. No further orders.

Also seems to be some glitch in the radio commands. When the ATC menu is called up the selection are in black lettering and there is no response to F1 etc. Also once the menu is called up it stays up until touch down at the alternate airport. The menu stays up despite hitting F12 to exit.

ED screwed up the AI driving in this patch, cant do much more, the ATC thing I can't reproduce.

ED screwed up the AI driving in this patch, cant do much more, the ATC thing I can't reproduce.

I admire your restraint with this comment. Had I been you or the others that have spent countless hours creating missions for the community only to see them malfunction again and again with each patch, I probably would have used language like .........:ranting:

Well, regardless, the mission is still fun as is. :thumbup:

Now that the rest of the mission appears permanently broken due to the new AI driving responses I'm still interested in knowing what would have happened next on the mission if the AI had performed according to previous editions. I'm guessing the GBU 38's would have been used in some manner.

Well, regardless, the mission is still fun as is. :thumbup:

Now that the rest of the mission appears permanently broken due to the new AI driving responses I'm still interested in knowing what would have happened next on the mission if the AI had performed according to previous editions. I'm guessing the GBU 38's would have been used in some manner.

SPOILER:

The two jeeps transport the escape detainees to a location for helo pickup. A MI-24 comes in and picks up the detainees, you are given orders not to fire on the helo and to keep distance. You follow the helo to the location for intel (for bigger fish to fry in future missions). A UAV marks the helo with IR designation the entire flight to help keep tabs on the fast helo. Once the helo lands, and coordinates received, you are given the green light to destroy the awaiting troops, MI-24, and escaped detainees. Pretty cool ending, with credits, etc. RTB to Kutaisi.

SPOILER:

The two jeeps transport the escape detainees to a location for helo pickup. A MI-24 comes in and picks up the detainees, you are given orders not to fire on the helo and to keep distance. You follow the helo to the location for intel (for bigger fish to fry in future missions). A UAV marks the helo with IR designation the entire flight to help keep tabs on the fast helo. Once the helo lands, and coordinates received, you are given the green light to destroy the awaiting troops, MI-24, and escaped detainees. Pretty cool ending, with credits, etc. RTB to Kutaisi.

Thank you! Indeed a very cool ending as is the whole mission concept and development.

Well done!

So the second mission cannot be completed as is due to the AI driving then correct?

I have this massive URGE to just make a good A-10 video... damn it ED....

Here is what I was told about the AI driving, really doesn't help me with Happy Bus since they have multiple hold points, and scripted triggers at certain WP locations...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=121408

Bottom line, they changed it in 1.2.7, but I am working on it, got WTS to work!

Edited by Ranger79

Welcome to Suse updated (again...) Main page for download links

Changes:

• Time of day increased by 45 mins (1830 start time)
  • Increased speed of Raven-1 UAV (last WP)
  • Reduced speed of MI-24 (last WP)
  • Romeo-7 Convoy Speed adjusted
  • Escape Jeeps route and speed fixed

Welcome to Suse updated (again...) Main page for download links

Changes:

• Time of day increased by 45 mins (1830 start time)
  • Increased speed of Raven-1 UAV (last WP)
  • Reduced speed of MI-24 (last WP)
  • Romeo-7 Convoy Speed adjusted
  • Escape Jeeps route and speed fixed

Thanks again sir!:notworthy:

Thanks again sir!:notworthy:

No problem Blooze, if you play the SP version, instead of having your flight RTB after the pilot rescue I had 3&4 air refuel, and then 2 after they were finished, worked great.

Ranger79,

You are a machine! Nice job!

~ LA

[sIGPIC]sigpic89379_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Intel Core Haswell i5-4670K OC @ 4.2GHz | Asus Z87-Plus mobo | 16GB DDR3 @ 1600 Ram | Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 OC w/ 8GB memory | Oculus Rift w/ Touch Controllers | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack | Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG |Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 4 C‬lip | Helios

Black Knights Squadron Member

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm playing with version 1.27 and my missions have all come to a stop when the two terrorist jeeps leave the FOB and park in front of a building in the rural section of town.

Same problem 2 times on 7/8 runs.

The two jeep park about 1 Km before the trigger zone and so the Mi-24 doesn't activate!

A lot of try in mission editor don't have a resolution.

I have tried to move the trigger zones (before the point of the unexpected parking), and I have observed that the two jeeps don't follow the last stretch of the road (the last WP, anywhere I put the WP), but "cut" out of road across the fields.

Excluding those minor problems we consider the mission very immersive and very well builded.

Brontolo VIAF