Operation Piercing Fury - MP Campaign

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ranger, I opened it in 1.2.7 mission editor, saved it (made no changes) and launched it again with a single A-10 and a Huey.

It all worked beautifully. We ran it until Pontiac's dustoff.

I'll be running it again tomorrow, the full mission with more players, and let you know it goes, fingers crossed the problem can be fixed by simply saving it in 1.2.7!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ranger, I opened it in 1.2.7 mission editor, saved it (made no changes) and launched it again with a single A-10 and a Huey.

I'll be running it again tomorrow, the full mission with more players, and let you know it goes, fingers crossed the problem can be fixed by simply saving it in 1.2.7!

Awesome! I just got 1.2.7 installed last night, I will give it a go later this afternoon. Thanks for testing.

• Like 1

AEF had problems around the flag 690 trigger - just before the bridge detonation. Similar to the stoppage the other guys have experienced in 1.2.7

Thanks Redfish, did you see the guys go across the bridge?

Hey Ranger, sorry about the no updates, but we are having some issues gathering people on a particular time to play so we still have not been able to record anything.

I am reading some issues with 1.2.7 so I guess it's a good thing we held off, is it playable or are there any adjustments that need to be done?

Hey Ranger, sorry about the no updates, but we are having some issues gathering people on a particular time to play so we still have not been able to record anything.

I am reading some issues with 1.2.7 so I guess it's a good thing we held off, is it playable or are there any adjustments that need to be done?

I am still troubleshooting, I believe issues with bridge crossing and other small bugs are occurring, I will keep you updated. I would not play at this time....

"Welcome to Suse" worked fine for us after saving it in 1.2.7.

We did manage to n00b up and kill the F/A-18 pilot, so that kind of put a premature end to it- and I guess any remaining scripts etc which depended on the pilot being rescued, and I'm not sure how much of the mission was left at that point, but at least up until then it worked 100%.

This is a very good mission to introduce "new pilots" to complex and realistic combat operations.

Edited by Trollef

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
Any update on this mission?

We played Part-1, managed to clear all air def. from the AO, insert chalk-1 & 2, but the troops got stuck and never detonated the bridge and didn't advance to rally point.

We are Looking forward having this mission ready to play, keep us posted...

Matter of fact I am working on it right now. Will keep you posted, hope to have fixed version tonight.

Revised version of Part 1 posted on first page post. Or you can download HERE as well. Please post if there are any additional problems.

Edited by Ranger79

Any update on an A10C version only?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]- I5 3570K @4.2ghz | ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe | Intel® Thermal Solution RTS2011LC | G.Skill Ares 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 | MSI N760 2GD5/OC ITX| 2x Corsair CSSD-F60GBGT-BK | Western Digital WD10EALX 1TB | HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 | Win 7

Any update on an A10C version only?

Hey surgeon, due to the side missions an A-10C version only would be pretty rough and the last trigger in Part 2 not possible (must have a Huey). I will look into it, but no promises at this time.

I attempted "Welcome to Suse" twice so far. I tried the A10C Single Player version and the A10C only multiplayer version.

I wish to congratulate you on your outstanding work. It is one of the most immersive gaming experiences I've had so far with DCS.

I'm playing with version 1.27 and my missions have all come to a stop when the two terrorist jeeps leave the FOB and park in front of a building in the rural section of town.

I presume that the mission is no longer compatible with the newer version of DCS and therefore accept this as a personal mission complete. However, I would like to know what was suppose to happen next? I'm just curious what was the next tasking.

Is there a possible fix for this planned in the future.

I'm also wondering if it's possible to create a single player version for your other production "Happy Bus"? I was wondering if by substituting AI aircraft for the Client Helo's if the mission would perform as designed for the single A10C player?

Thank you for producing such fun missions.

I attempted "Welcome to Suse" twice so far. I tried the A10C Single Player version and the A10C only multiplayer version.

I wish to congratulate you on your outstanding work. It is one of the most immersive gaming experiences I've had so far with DCS.

I'm playing with version 1.27 and my missions have all come to a stop when the two terrorist jeeps leave the FOB and park in front of a building in the rural section of town.

I presume that the mission is no longer compatible with the newer version of DCS and therefore accept this as a personal mission complete. However, I would like to know what was suppose to happen next? I'm just curious what was the next tasking.

Is there a possible fix for this planned in the future.

I'm also wondering if it's possible to create a single player version for your other production "Happy Bus"? I was wondering if by substituting AI aircraft for the Client Helo's if the mission would perform as designed for the single A10C player?

Thank you for producing such fun missions.

Thanks for the kind words, I will troubleshoot Suse tonight. I am working on a a10 version of happy bus but it might need to be broken into multiple missions for sp. The triggers are set to certain helos so it make take some time. Did the two trucks make it to a dead end road and stop?

Thanks for the kind words, I will troubleshoot Suse tonight. I am working on a a10 version of happy bus but it might need to be broken into multiple missions for sp. The triggers are set to certain helos so it make take some time. Did the two trucks make it to a dead end road and stop?

It was getting late and dark outside the cockpit, and I didn't notice a dead end in the road. However, both trucks stopped next to a rather large building. Without further orders and getting no response from the F10 tasking que, I bombed the building and killed the trucks after waiting a reasonable period of time.

I'm "happy" to hear you're working on an A10C version of "Happy Bus"! I downloaded the PDF briefing on that mission and was awed by the amount of work and professional touch to the whole enterprise. It would be great if the lone single player, or just a couple of friends could take a ride on that bus.

Again, thank you for building such outstanding missions. They are simply awesome!

It was getting late and dark outside the cockpit, and I didn't notice a dead end in the road. However, both trucks stopped next to a rather large building. Without further orders and getting no response from the F10 tasking que, I bombed the building and killed the trucks after waiting a reasonable period of time.

I'm "happy" to hear you're working on an A10C version of "Happy Bus"! I downloaded the PDF briefing on that mission and was awed by the amount of work and professional touch to the whole enterprise. It would be great if the lone single player, or just a couple of friends could take a ride on that bus.

Again, thank you for building such outstanding missions. They are simply awesome!

Klunker, you were 100% right, for whatever reason the AI refused to go on the road or past a certain point off road in the area near the big building. I tweaked the mission and played, works all the way through. The IR designation by AI at the end is also working, dont want to spoil too much for ya! Main page post updated, with Single Player (SP) Version 2 & also HERE. Thanks again for all the kind words, I am tweaking the MP version tonight and should be posted in about 1 hour.