Operation Piercing Fury - MP Campaign

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RANGER BUDDY!! epic mission my friend. Cant wait for more. Was a so in 1/75 for a time. By far most realistic and no .... real representation of what we do and experience out their.

Call sign CROM

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

RANGER BUDDY!! epic mission my friend. Cant wait for more. Was a so in 1/75 for a time. By far most realistic and no .... real representation of what we do and experience out their.

Call sign CROM

Thanks Bud, glad you like it!

• 1 month later...

Looking forward to part two!

We ran this missions successfully with Master Arms a few weeks ago. Lots of fun!

SPOILERALERT!

We had to "cheat" when we were tasked to defend the downed pilot.

The mission never seemed to move on so we checked the F10 Map and noticed enemy infantry were hiding in the forest on a hilltop doing nothing. We took them out then the mission continued.

Just some feedback if you need it.

Thanks again!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are looking for Swedish members!

http://www.masterarms.se

Exellent mission , i played it severall times with friends and here are my notes :joystick:

First is the c130 blowing up at the mission beginning, if its the first time you play it its quiete nice, but process should speed up between when it burns t ill runway clearance, we loose almost 10mn each time

F18 pilot going down, the pilot parachute often few clics away while i am scanning the zone to get the other pilots location

The patrol going to intercept the pilot, the two vehicules are easily destroyed , however you should change the trigger for the infantry, from group destroyed to group alive less than. Cause we had to make really accurate passes in order to kill every single infantry solders, which is really annoying.

An other group of enemy vehicules, don t move at all, in a town near a lake, still around the pilots location

When the rescue is done , where should the a10 land for rearm and refuel ?

Hope it helps :smartass:

Exellent mission , i played it severall times with friends and here are my notes :joystick:

First is the c130 blowing up at the mission beginning, if its the first time you play it its quiete nice, but process should speed up between when it burns t ill runway clearance, we loose almost 10mn each time

F18 pilot going down, the pilot parachute often few clics away while i am scanning the zone to get the other pilots location

The patrol going to intercept the pilot, the two vehicules are easily destroyed , however you should change the trigger for the infantry, from group destroyed to group alive less than. Cause we had to make really accurate passes in order to kill every single infantry solders, which is really annoying.

An other group of enemy vehicules, don t move at all, in a town near a lake, still around the pilots location

I appreciate the feedback, the mission was made to be played once and not for continual playability like Op Bactria for example. Ensure you open the mission in editor and resave due to update 3. Regarding the enemies at the crash site if you listen to the voice commands the pilot will tell you where the Bad guys are relative to his position and the commander informs the flight of the backup patrol in an adjoining city. In addition, you are told at the beginning of the mission about rearing and fueling at the airbase using taxiway Sierra as alternate. I believe closer attention to the mission brief info provided and voice overs will hopefully assist you in this mission in the future.

• Like 1

Outstanding mission Ranger79 :thumbup: Really liked the voice coms and the intensity. We (2x A-10 and 1x Huey) had our hands full all the time and it was great. Lost our headings more than once especially locating the pilot but that basically due to TS chatter while being briefed :music_whistling:

I believe we took about 3-3.5 hour (flying time) completing the mission and enjoy every minute. Thanks a lot :thumbup:

Cheers

Hans

Edited by Hansolo

Outstanding mission Ranger79 :thumbup: Really liked the voice coms and the intensity. We (2x A-10 and 1x Huey) had our hands full all the time and it was great. Lost our headings more than once especially locating the pilot but that basically due to TS chatter while being briefed :music_whistling:

I believe we took about 3-3.5 hour (flying time) completing the mission and enjoy every minute. Thanks a lot :thumbup:

Cheers

Hans

Thanks, I am glad you enjoyed the mission.

Yeah on our play through we also noticed that there was a parachute flying down very slowly all the while the pilot was already on the ground communicating with us.

I was a tad bit confused at first but then I understood how he did the trigger for this scenario, so I'm glad that the mission has him popping a flare or else I would have been circling the parachute drop location for hours without actually finding the "real" pilot haha. It's just one of those limitations of DCS is all.

Love your work Ranger79, cranked this up a couple of days ago and the countless hours you have put into this is beyond belief. From the C-130 at the start right through to the end is fun. I look forward to many more to come.

Thank you Winfield_Gold! It did take alot of effort, but was well worth it!

UPDATE:

Reworked CSAR Trigger heavily, please provide feedback. I only had time to update the Huey, Ka-50, and A-10c combined version. Updated to version 3b.

Edited by Ranger79
Newer Version

Yeah on our play through we also noticed that there was a parachute flying down very slowly all the while the pilot was already on the ground communicating with us.

I was a tad bit confused at first but then I understood how he did the trigger for this scenario, so I'm glad that the mission has him popping a flare or else I would have been circling the parachute drop location for hours without actually finding the "real" pilot haha. It's just one of those limitations of DCS is all.

The parachute issue will not be a problem now, should be good to go for CSAR trigger, updated version on main page Version 3a.

CSAR trigger revamped, should help with some of the issues you explained, version 3b (link on first page).

Edited by Ranger79
Newer Version

The a-10 only version cause CTD for me. I hosted it in my pc , (2-A-10c). I taken the mix , re-saved in ME and flight with my friend.

I also have CTD myself alone with 1 a-10c ( a-10c only version).

I'm not saying nothing wrong , the mission seems awesome , maybe is my machine that cant' handle it ...

I'll try the new version (v.4);)

Edited by TRITATUTTO

AMD Phenom II x4 945 3.0ghz 8G Ram Windows 7 64bit ATI Radeon HD 5700 1G

Target designation out of the sky.

Nice adittion to the mission.

Do we have to switch comms freqs, to get in touch with the various assets?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]- I5 3570K @4.2ghz | ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe | Intel® Thermal Solution RTS2011LC | G.Skill Ares 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 | MSI N760 2GD5/OC ITX| 2x Corsair CSSD-F60GBGT-BK | Western Digital WD10EALX 1TB | HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 | Win 7

Target designation out of the sky.

Nice adittion to the mission.

Do we have to switch comms freqs, to get in touch with the various assets?

Not at this time, all scripted.

Regular Version Update (file size reduced)

12/2/2013: Regular Version: (3d) Reduced file size from 7mb to 2.5 mbs (reduced sound quality). D/L in on main page. Enjoy!

New A10C Only Versions (5a & 5a_storm were causing CTD's fixed). I apologize for those who downloaded and had issues, just tested all the way through everything is working.

Version 5b

Version 5b_storm

New 3dv2 (Regular Version - Stormy Weather) updated, time changed to 1900 hours.

Links on first page!

Edited by Ranger79
  • Like 1