Black Shark 2 Released

Wags

Ok, That's a f*** surprise. Thanks ED.

I'll purchase it tomorrow.

Good continuation to you.

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, seems like some nice improvements have been made!

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Tried a re install of all upgrade still prompts that Black Shark must be installed. I will try installing to default folder and see what happens.

Out

I am having the same problem. I cannot install it in the default location to see if it works though because I have a 64GB ssd for OS/Apps, no room to install the game.

sadface

I mean I was lead to believe from all the posts by developers and Wags himself that this would be a patch and then it comes out and it's a $20 upgrade. It just doesn't seem right. It also doesn't seem right down the road with the next module and the next module.

To me seems right, even if it wasn't as said before.... It's right for the work of those people, right because 19.99$ are two good beers, here... two beer less and 2 years of beautiful simulation more: Maybe it's a good businness... I really forgive the "payment" issue :).

But, obviously, it's only my opinion... let me say: I live in Italy, we usually hear good thing to get bad ones... maybe I'm well prepared about "bad" surprises and impressed about the quality/cost thing :).

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

So do we get ALL improvements from DCS:A10C?

Pretty much........and more. Cannot spawn on a ship in the A-10C :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I am having the same problem. I cannot install it in the default location to see if it works though because I have a 64GB ssd for OS/Apps, no room to install the game.

sadface

I will let you know in a minute if it works. Also there may be a reg work around you can use in your case. Have to look into it. Don't lose hope! ;)

Out

Hopefully my computer can run it when I do buy it.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Thx Wags

@ Paulrkiii, I haven't bought A-10C yet, so I don't know.

Can we expect this sales model for future modules to the sim? I'm gonna hate having to buy DCS next at 60$ and then drop another 40$ to keep the previous 2 games compatible with it...

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Can we expect this sales model for future modules to the sim? I'm gonna hate having to buy DCS next at 60$ and then drop another 40$ to keep the previous 2 games compatible with it...

You will tend to get more than just compatibility for your money, I'd imagine.

Nate

Can't speak for ED but if that is the route you would only have to purchase if you planned to fly the previous modules...

I'd say it will depend how much work is needed to bring previous modules upto spec, so to speak. If a patch is all that's needed, eg BS/FC2 then probably not but if more work is needed/desired then probably yes. As Wags says in his sig, everything is subject to change.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL