Black Shark 2 Released

Wags

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok another stupid question... Can I use BS1 and BS2 on the same PC?

Why?

cause I'm going to do an online mission tomorrow with BS1 and EVERYONE (including me) is now downloading BS2

:P

(sorry)

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Well when the 5th gen DCS title is out I guess I get to look forward to "Upgrading" the previous 4 then. Considering A-10 was built upon the BS's engine it seems now honestly like lazy programming that they didn't just keep the BS implemented in the new code as they built the A-10. I mean I was lead to believe from all the posts by developers and Wags himself that this would be a patch and then it comes out and it's a $20 upgrade. It just doesn't seem right. It also doesn't seem right down the road with the next module and the next module.

• Like 1

Yes - separate installs.

Thanks ;)

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Sorry Insanatrix, but you just have a way too siimplistic view of the nuts and bolts under this thing.

Also, the relevant portion of the FAQ has said "upgrade", not "patch", for almost a year. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Will the A10C map also be expanded now too then?

From what I take of it they extended BS's map to that of the A-10C.

Awesome news on the patch, looking forward to flying it when I get some time. Hope that the compatibility patch is released without any problems next week.

Edited by Cali

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

What's the difference between patch and non patch release? They're both the same size...

Price.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

What's the difference between patch and non patch release? They're both the same size...

No difference, except that patch release:

1) is cheaper

2) requires DCS:BS original to be installed

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester