DCS WWII: Europe 1944

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I.

Love.

This.

I had my truck broken into this morning and this news has certainly turned my spirits around.

Since we are looking at stretch goals - might I suggest a dedicated server be one of them? WWII really requires some big fur balls and I am dying to see how true engine management will impact a players ability to exploit their plane as well as opponent weaknesses.

This is going to be great... And also very likely the first kickstarter I ever step up for.

Welcome back Ilya and team!

You beat me to this thought of dedi-server. I am almost certain this feature is currently being developed by ED as it has been mentioned before that EDGE would need to be in place before dedicated server or at the same time,

Work On New Rendering Technology Continues

The new Image Generator (IG) technology is currently in development and will be introduced to DCS World when it is ready. Elements of the new IG include:

- More detailed terrain.

- Better graphical effects

- Dedicated server

- DirectX 11 support

- Skeleton animation for infantry

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1786617&highlight=dedicated+server#post1786617

With that said I believe DCS:WWII will offer dedi-server also.

EDIT: Sorry about your truck being broken into dooom, but like you mentioned this does help take some of that sting away. :thumbup:

Edited by Raven68

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Because chances are high that you would see some modern stuff in your missions. Imagine you activate some zivil traffic on the streets and you are seeing a modern truck driving through a tankbattle of tigers vs fireflys. Or even a train loaded with bmps.

Just because civilian traffic is not maprelated but hardcoded. With seperated coremodules you would get rid of this. (Note, i don't know if it is actually that way, maybe civ traffic IS maprelated - but it was an example of what could happen)

it does not matter

but what is really matter and counts that should be necessary to leave it to ideas of mission makers

of course, id like to see trains with bmps in normandy and use the whole new map(s) for modern war-missions too - without WWII vehicles/aircrafts

and id like to do the opposite: use WWII models on/over georgia, nevada and vietnam maps/scenery

sign-pic4.jpg

I'm with you on what you said, Vampire.

DCS-World should stay One Modular Basement.

A-10 over the battlefield it was originally designed for... Mmmmmh.

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

To say Im excited about this announcement is a big understatement.Thank you Luthier and co. for doing what you do.Also, I really have no clue why are so much people arguing and complaining about the separate install approach.WW2 aircombat fans are usually not interested on jet aircraft and vice versa so their choice makes a lot of sense to me.There is no need to have everything together, if you fly jets, stay with your modules, if you fly prop driven ww2 aircraft just go for the DCS WW2.It is as simple as that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Omg this is fantastic news. I only started flying dcs p51 this week and then this get announced

i7 4820k@4.6, msi big bang xpower ii, 840 pro ssd for os and games, 840 evo ssd for media, full custom water loop, dell u2713hm, warthog hotas and because thats how i roll. :pilotfly:

..., if you fly jets, stay with your modules, if you fly prop driven ww2 aircraft just go for the DCS WW2.It is as simple as that.

If you fly both... :music_whistling:

...or fly a 1970s-80s helo.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

There is no need to have everything together, if you fly jets, stay with your modules, if you fly prop driven ww2 aircraft just go for the DCS WW2.It is as simple as that.

I am with you there, I have no issue with DCS WWII being a separate install.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

If you fly both... :music_whistling:

...or fly a 1970s-80s helo.

What exactly do you mean ? Is it so hard to select from two choices?Or are you referring to having content from one era(modern for example) on the other (40's).If the latter, whats the point of that, and is it necessary or a deal breaker?And even then from Luthier's posts it seems that will be possible, so I honestly dont know whats the big deal.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

... so I honestly dont know whats the big deal.

It actually boils down to a maintenance issue as far as I am concerned. Since both will essentially be the same game with different graphic and model files, any updates, backups and mod maintenance will be double the work for no real reason that I can see.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

One question I think this might be sort of important..will we be allowed to place runways and camps into the mission editor..of our choice..meaning place remote airfields..and so on..let's say in my case allow to insert a " Ramitelli " airbase in Italy...just wondering...:music_whistling:

We're not planning any changes to the mission editor for DCS WWII specifically.

Other question. That product wil have a "free" base with DCS: World or need paid for them with the new theater?

The free base for DCS WWII will contain several flyable aircraft. The exact set depends on whether we hit Kickstarter stretch goals.

1. Is the kickstarter funding needed to fund the basic game, or just the extended content?

We can probably finish the basic game without the kickstarter, but it'll be a little less of everything, especially on the ground.

Basic kickstarter funding we're looking for will allow us to comfortably do everything we wish to do and have all the time that we need, which is the luxury I personally have never had in my entire career.

2. What will be included in the free to pay version, versus the paid content?

Depends on stretch goals. We'll have the complete list published on the 5th.

3. The emphasis on online play is clear, and the AI ambition also sounds encouraging, will the game feature the usual high quality DCS campaign style and structure? Will there be a campaign for each aircraft, or one campaign in which the user can fly multiple aircraft types?

There is no emphasis on online play! I myself am actually a primarily offline player. We are definitely planning extensive single-player with comprehensive, historical campaigns. There will be at least one campaign for each flyable aircraft in all stretch goals.

4. The aircraft listed are the flyable aircraft?

The B-17 and Me.262 are not flyable in the basic version.

5. Are there any non flyable AI only aircraft planned alongside these?

Yup.

6. Usual questions about the flyable bombers - will the crew positions be mannable, will players be able to play a coop mission where they man different crew stations on the same aircraft?

Flyable bombers only show up in stretch goals. We are planning everything you're asking for.

7. I know you would be very wary of setting a target date, but as this sim builds on the existing DCS World platform, it can't be five years into the future...any hints on a target release date?

Less than a year for the core game; a little more if we hit stretch goals.

8. Do people who contribute to the kickstarter funding get any considerations regarding premium status eg early access to beta, access to special content, special status online etc

Yes, yes, and yes. Depending on your contribution level you may even directly contribute to in-game content, such as paintschemes, pilot appearance, etc.

Hmm. That implies that one of the aircraft would be free ... else it would be "free to watch" rather than "free to play."

There will be several flyable aircraft in the free version.

I`ll put cash into this a:when it works straight out of the box and b:when it contains everything stated on the box, my memory is capable of remembering Pacific Fighters and CloD which was dumped on an unsuspecting community in a clearly un-finished state.

So Mr Shevchenko what assurances can you give the community that this new project isn`t going to be a dud????

The reason we are doing a kickstarter is precisely this. I have never once in my career had enough time and money to develop the project as I wanted it. It was always a - "I need X dollars and Y months to build this." "OK, we'll give you 0.7X and Y-6 months, and if you don't do everything plus a few extra features, we're shutting you down."

I did not enjoy that, the team did not enjoy that, and the fans did not enjoy that.

I have absolutely no desire to go down that road again. I swore off flight sims altogether after the last fiasco. The fact that I am back means that I am hoping to turn a new page.

If you are asking for assurances though, of course I can't offer anything but words at this point. The initial release will be available free of charge though, so I really do not see what you have to lose when you try it out. Conversely, I see absolutely no reason to release a broken game for free, thus making no money initially and losing any chance of making any in the future.

This is exciting news. Is this the end of Eagle Dynamics in house WW2 aircraft however? I was kind of hoping we'd at least get an Spitfire MK: 9 and an ME-109 to the same standard as the P51?

We have a symbiotic relationship with ED. In any case, final quality check is on them, not us. You should know them well enough to rest assured that they won't allow anyone to besmirch the DCS name with an inferior product.

I am not saying you are wrong, but that would be quite something as a freebie complete with a proper period environment to fly it in.

Not to mention many of us paid a lot of money for it and to be honest it's too good of a module to be given away anyway. Maybe the P51 as a free demo for a week for new players would be a good way of enticing them in... It would certainly show off the capability of what DCS: WW2 could become.

We have a symbiotic relationship with ED. In any case, final quality check is on them, not us. You should know them well enough to rest assured that they won't allow anyone to besmirch the DCS name with an inferior product.

Maybe I choose my words badly, I have faith you will do a great job, I meant simply that the team behind DCS: P51 did such a great job that it would be nice to see a couple more modules from them. I will be supporting kickstarter regardless so all the best...

Edited by Python

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

While I am disappointed by this, I can understand that it will make it less confusing for players, and possibly easier for development. I would have preferred checkboxes to filter by era, but as long as I can use modules from either environment in the other, then I am happy. Thanks for the quick response, and I look forward to it.

+1

I'd rather have one platform for all addons and eras.

P-51D in game mode or something like that, P-51D in sim mode would be getting the DCS P-51 for free which none of us did.

I would think that RRG would make a plane that they didn't necessarily have all that much data on, a 'sacrificial lamb' sort of plane, maybe one of the Italian planes for the freebie.

Putting it in game mode would defeat the whole point.

Honestly, I bought P-51D and I've had it for months now. That's something no one is ever going to get for receiving it for free with DCSWWII. Free Mustang is completely fair.

I don't expect it to be the Mustang though, but who knows.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smurfy1967 viewpost.gif

I`ll put cash into this a:when it works straight out of the box and b:when it contains everything stated on the box, my memory is capable of remembering Pacific Fighters and CloD which was dumped on an unsuspecting community in a clearly un-finished state.

So Mr Shevchenko what assurances can you give the community that this new project isn`t going to be a dud????

"The reason we are doing a kickstarter is precisely this. I have never once in my career had enough time and money to develop the project as I wanted it. It was always a - "I need X dollars and Y months to build this." "OK, we'll give you 0.7X and Y-6 months, and if you don't do everything plus a few extra features, we're shutting you down."

I did not enjoy that, the team did not enjoy that, and the fans did not enjoy that.

I have absolutely no desire to go down that road again. I swore off flight sims altogether after the last fiasco. The fact that I am back means that I am hoping to turn a new page.

If you are asking for assurances though, of course I can't offer anything but words at this point. The initial release will be available free of charge though, so I really do not see what you have to lose when you try it out. Conversely, I see absolutely no reason to release a broken game for free, thus making no money initially and losing any chance of making any in the future."

Fair enough can`t say fairer than that , best of luck.

I do not see any problems with having one install, and frankly if it is going to be mostly based on the same core it should be. Having two separate installs is really the simplest way, not necessarily the best for the customer. The multi-era problems could be solved by stamping each module you buy (aircraft, maps, vehicles) with an era, or even as granular as a year. Finally, the first module you install decides the era or year in the common DCS World, affecting the UI theme, available units and maps in the mission editor, and filter out unrelated content. Naturally the user would get full control over era settings, so that they may choose to disable era-filtering, being able to put whatever they wish in their missions, or switch between eras.

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW

The problem of separated cores is, if we want to make missions like 1948 or 1956 wars which P-51D\Spitfires etc flew together with jets and helicopters, or any other 50's conflicts in which ww2 planes still take place in. or even non historical missions..that's all the point of DCS World, a truly sand box. all in one place.

So, in my opinion you should do it when you have the option if you want it to be a stand alone or combined with DCS World, like the Merged concept that was in IL-2 series.

Thx and good luck!

The reason we are doing a kickstarter is precisely this. I have never once in my career had enough time and money to develop the project as I wanted it. It was always a - "I need X dollars and Y months to build this." "OK, we'll give you 0.7X and Y-6 months, and if you don't do everything plus a few extra features, we're shutting you down."

:thumbup:

We're not planning any changes to the mission editor for DCS WWII specifically.

There is no emphasis on online play! I myself am actually a primarily offline player. We are definitely planning extensive single-player with comprehensive, historical campaigns. There will be at least one campaign for each flyable aircraft in all stretch goals.

Please tell me that multiplayer will be included!

I'm mostly an online player and I find dogfighting against humans way more satisfying than AIs.

An online mission system a-la-CloD (just like the Storm of War or ATAG servers) works pretty well IMHO.

Come on let's give the guy a break. I was someone that was like many very frustrated with COD because I could see so many good things about the sim amongst the bad things but luthier has given some explanations as to things that have happened in the past and has taken the time to answer a lot of our concerns and this new sim sounds fantastic he won't be under the sort of pressure from publishers like in the past so I'm behind him and have great hopes for DCS WW2 good luck with it......

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I don't see what exactly they could do for multiplayer. The existing multiplayer is heavily hamstrung by our lack of dedicated server code so its pretty hard for them to do anything with it anyway because that's ED's sphere.

Besides, strong single player is whats really weak in DCS. What exactly is multiplayer in most flight sims but a bunch of people in the same server flying together?

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.