DCS F-35A

Wags

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all games anyway, because you do it for entertaining reason, and you don't die when the virtual aircraft blows up.

Acer Predator 17X | i7 7820HK | 32GB DDR4-2400 | GTX1080 | 2x LiteOn 256GB SSD (RAID0) | HGST 1TB@7200RPM HDD | Creative SBX G5 | Win10 x64 FCU | VKB Gladiator Mk.2+Gametrix ECS, TM Cougar FCC3/VKB Fat King Cobra Mk.4/VKB GF Mk.2 w/ MCG Pro (coming)+Warthog Throttle | MFD Cougar Pack | TM TFRP, Saitek Combat, BRD MS3/F3(coming) | Logitech G13 | CST L-TRAC 2545W Trackball | TIR5+TCP, PS3Eye+Trackhat Clip Plus/UTC Mk.2 | HyperX Cloud Alpha | Playseat Flight Simulator/Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog

@Eno...

It was a straightforward proposition

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

When they talk about using it as a replacement for the A-10 I cant imagine it will be used like the A-10, that the way missions might be tackled by A-10s might be tackled differently by the F-35 right? Too expensive to come back with bullet holes after every mission :)

As for lotter time, do you mean based on fuel it can carry or something else?

Fuel flow vs fuel capacity would suck compared to the A-10, I guess. Just like loiter time for F-16s, F-15s and all the bunch does (A-10s, after all, were built specifically for the mission).

And tackling the missions differently is great, I guess you mean more "come at 30 000 ft and drop a JDAM on target instead of going low with guns" (by the way, nowadays A-10Cs are very capable of doing the former), but what you have to keep in mind is that Close air support typically needs long loiter time because you never know when and for how long the ground troops will need you.

I think that might be what Paulrkii had in mind.

Fuel flow vs fuel capacity would suck compared to the A-10, I guess. Just like loiter time for F-16s, F-15s and all the bunch does (A-10s, after all, were built specifically for the mission).

And tackling the missions differently is great, I guess you mean more "come at 30 000 ft and drop a JDAM on target instead of going low with guns" (by the way, nowadays A-10Cs are very capable of doing the former), but what you have to keep in mind is that Close air support typically needs long loiter time because you never know when and for how long the ground troops will need you.

I think that might be what Paulrkii had in mind.

Both F-35 and A-10 use TurboFan engines, so a slow F-35 at 3-400miles/h will have a great much more loiter time, than a plane With Jet engines.

Without afterburner, it would be very difficult for it to go above 40,000feet.

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup:

Both F-35 and A-10 use TurboFan engines, so a slow F-35 at 3-400miles/h will have a great much more loiter time, than a plane With Jet engines.

Most modern fighters use turbofan engines, some have higher bypass than others (more bypass normally means less thrust at supersonic speeds)

No.

ALL modern western fighters have Turbofan engines, and have done for years. The difference is that the A-10C has high bypass turbofans whereas the fast jets have low bypass turbofans.

The F-35 will burn fuel just as quickly as the teen series fighters.

Now you can get a reasonable loiter time out of the "fast" jets, but you need to be up high and quite slow to do it. And even then you're talking 30-45 mins at most, and that's if you reach your station either shortly after in-flight refuelling or have a short ingress.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Turbojet engines are all but out of favour for decades. They provided excellent top speed but poor acceleration.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Do you play A-10C? That's a game.

For the german pc magazine "Gamestar", DCS: Warthog isn't a game. They tested it in 2011 (or so) and came to the end, that this title is so hardcore, it's not a game ... and got no evaluation. :lol:

The tester of the magazine was visible overstrained with it's basics in singleplayer. :D

regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For the german pc magazine "Gamestar", DCS: Warthog isn't a game. They tested it in 2011 (or so) and came to the end, that this title is so hardcore, it's not a game ... and got no evaluation. :lol:

The tester of the magazine was visible overstrained with it's basics in singleplayer. :D

regards,

Fire

Because he's an idiot it's not a game? :noexpression:

Very interesting project, I will be withholding judgement until I see something of substance, such as actual flight models beginning to take shape, cockpit avionics at least partially working. As someone who has toyed with the idea of making an aircraft in the DCS world platform, I know just how much time, dedication, and determination, as well as information sharing and networking which is involved to achieve even basic functionality. I think it might be a little presumptuous to state with any certainty when the module might be released, and to assert that it will be playable within a year is extremely optimistic. Look at some of the other DCS third party modules which are currently in development. Although we have seen little from them of late in the way of progress, its obvious to see just how easily a certain feature can bring the entire production to a halt. They (third party devs) are learning as they go, in a way without much help or assistance, and not always with all the knowledge of how to implement what it is they wish to. The reason we saw DCS Huey so early, I believe, is because as a DCS project, its scope was achievable within the limits of what is known about third party development currently. It's functionality is fairly basic, although impressive to see it all working as a unified module. But the scope of an f-35 dcs module with even a medium level of depth in systems and functionality would be rather daunting. That is why I am taking a step back before judging this, as I don't doubt it can be done, but as to what will emerge from such an endeavour is anyone's guess.

Best of luck to eagle and I look forward to seeing something of the project.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Find us at http://virtual-roulettes.forumotion.com/

@Eno...

It was a straightforward proposition

I balance my thirst for fidelity with the unshakeable reality that no matter how real I think it feels, I don't know the difference and I'm still sitting in front of a computer (usually with a drink in my free hand.)

My next question is a little OT- but about what time can I expect Synthetic Apperture Radar capability in the Hog? :D

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Will be interested to see how close this really is. I am a crew chief on F-35 AF-03. If you need help with anything, let me know. Will help with what I can.

• Like 1

"There is always a small microcosm of people

who need to explain away their suckage"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eagle 13 Any updates ????????

INTEL CORE I7 6700K

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO

ASUS ROG GTX1080Ti Strix OC

16GB @ 4100 MHz |CORSAIR

Intel 730 SSD 240GB

Corsair 850 W Modular PSU

Corsair Obsidian 650d

Logitech X-56 HOTAS ,Saitek X-65F HOTAS, Pro Ruder Pedals, Pro Flight Instrument Panel

NP TrackIr 5 Pro

Windows 10 PRO

Eagle 13 Any updates ????????

Somewhere back in the 70+ pages of drivel he said he was not going to say any more until the kickstarter release 28/6. I would get you the quote but it means trawling back into that mess and i already feel like this thread has sapped my will to live.

On a brighter note, I'm very interested to see how this project pans out and i will definitely chip in a modest amount to help it along.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

I would get you the quote but it means trawling back into that mess and i already feel like this thread has sapped my will to live.

:lol: - Love it! How true.

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod