DCS F-35A

Wags

There's no amount of crow that will fill the void...

The idea behind the paid membership was "inside" access to the development of FO and to the team, which is what was available.

At no time did they say donate money to develop the sim, oh and here are a couple of screenshots - wait let's close our doors as you are eluding to in your post. That would be fleecing.

To quote a post I made on the FO forum not long before abandoning all hope (there are others, but this is the crux):

It's been HALF A YEAR since a dev diary has been produced. Has nothing worthy of note happened in that time?

What's the point of this post? It's a shame that I was burnt by FO, because I would be far more inclined to pro-actively contribute to the success of F35 if not for this. Once bitten twice shy.

Also, we were supposed to get a release discount as members of "Area 51". If I ever DO get to cash that in I will be happy in a great many ways, and FO will have truly redeemed itself... albeit approaching (exceeding?) a decade later...

As it stands, I can happily sit back and bank on this project at least making it to fruition, if only through the proxy reputation of ED.

Slip the surly bonds of Earth

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Core i7 2600k@4.5||Z77 Extreme 6||16GB RAM

WIN 10||HTC Vive ||G940||1080Ti

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the point of this post? It's a shame that I was burnt by FO, because I would be far more inclined to pro-actively contribute to the success of F35 if not for this. Once bitten twice shy.
How were you burnt? Did you subscribe to Area51 and were you never able to access it?

Also, we were supposed to get a release discount as members of "Area 51". If I ever DO get to cash that in I will be happy in a great many ways, and FO will have truly redeemed itself... albeit approaching (exceeding?) a decade later....
That still stands as of the latest info received from the FO Devs.

What was the point of your post?

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Beta in april, but allready the kickstarter is postponed a week.. ah well.

Since I am from a country that will buy 50+ f-35s you can just turn to LM for kickstarter money from me since I gladly pay my taxes.

I dont buy pokemons, but I will throw money in your direction.

Good luck!

How were you burnt? Did you subscribe to Area51 and were you never able to access it?

So when is it coming out?

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

So when is it coming out?

So what exactly does this have to do with the F35 module? Has this gentleman a reputation for scamming? No, so the fact that you may have had (in your mind) a less than excellent experience with crowd sourcing in no way has any relevance to Kinneyinteractive or any modules that they may produce..

How about everyone get back on track and let's talk about the F35 module in this thread... :thumbup:

• Like 1

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

So what exactly does this have to do with the F35 module? Has this gentleman a reputation for scamming? No, so the fact that you may have had (in your mind) a less than excellent experience with crowd sourcing in no way has any relevance to Kinneyinteractive or any modules that they may produce..

How about everyone get back on track and let's talk about the F35 module in this thread... :thumbup:

I'm stoked about it. I know it's a bloated program in real life but that's no reason for me not to enjoy it. Ever since I first saw the pictures of the F-35 I've loved it. I'm an old F-16 fan and even though the F-22 is a sexy beast, something about the F-35 really appeals to me.

So anyway, I can't wait to see more on this and this is the first proposed module that I've been ready to fork over money for TODAY. I was talked into A-10C by a friend and I love it, but I wasn't going to buy it without some provocation. THIS I'll buy.

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I look forward to it coming out.

I wonder if it will be modeled to explode when flying into a storm and getting hit by lightning?

Storms are something the F35 really doesn't want to be around apparently.

Hawk_5

Modules:

A10C, BS2, FC3, P51, CA, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2

System:

Gigabyte GA-X79UP4 MB, intel 3930k, Coolermaster Siedon 120M liquid cooled, Corsair Vengence Red 16GB 2133Mhz, Gigabyte Geforce GTX680 2GB Super o'clk, intel 520 SSD 240GB,

Seagate Barracuda 2TB HD, Coolermaster Silent Pro 800W PS, Coolermaster CM690 II Case

I look forward to it coming out.

I wonder if it will be modeled to explode when flying into a storm and getting hit by lightning?

Storms are something the F35 really doesn't want to be around apparently.

No aircraft wants to fly in storms. I don't know why the F-35 is so special.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

this is not my favourite airplane by far, but I will say that I will support and buy it if it reaches the level of authenticity and realism announced.

good luck to that Dev Team

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

It's alarming to think you aren't joking.

See, I'm a little torn; on the one hand I wanted to help out with a project that really sounded promising. But we were told that as subscribers to Area 51, we would be given regular development news, among other "perks" for our financial assistance. It simply wasn't a "here's some of my cash just because I love you" arrangement.

So on the other hand... regular updates were a fair expectation. What's the point of paying for the privilege of having access to essentially nothing -- on an ongoing basis? It seems you're implying that simply having access to certain areas of the site should make people feel all warm and fuzzy for contributing without anything of continued value being provided to match the contributions... I think you're massively missing the point, yourself.

Well what a relief. See my previous post.

Read my previous post.

• Like 1

Slip the surly bonds of Earth

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Core i7 2600k@4.5||Z77 Extreme 6||16GB RAM

WIN 10||HTC Vive ||G940||1080Ti

Because the fuel tanks explode if struck by lightning

I've never read about any F-35's exploding due to lightning strikes. Link to an article about this accident please?

On another note though, aircraft simply don't go flying where there is any sort of convective activity. Sometimes they get caught in it, where there isn't much of a choice, but in the vast majority of cases, stuff just goes around it. Lightning strikes will cause considerable damage to most aircraft, and is extremely dangerous regardless. Mostly the damage comes with the associated convective cells though, which tend to rip aircraft to pieces.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

No aircraft wants to fly in storms. I don't know why the F-35 is so special.

wasnt there an article on F-35 having Lightning Rods on it??

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I've never read about any F-35's exploding due to lightning strikes. Link to an article about this accident please?

None, because apparently they have been banned from flight near to a storm during the tests. The ban will be lifted when the problem will be resolved. This same problem have caused embarrassment in the country where I live (Italy), coz they have ordered 35 of them.

From DoD:

Tests of the fuel tank inerting system in 2009 identified deficiencies in maintaining the required lower fuel tank oxygen levels to prevent fuel tank explosions. The system is not able to maintain fuel tank inerting through some critical portions of a simulated mission profile. The program is redesigning the On-Board Inert Gas Generating System (OBIGGS) to provide the required levels of protection from threat and from fuel tank explosions induced by lightning.

http://www.dote.osd.mil/pub/reports/FY2012/

They'll either fix that outright, and fairly soon, or they will accept the risk. That's all there is to that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

On another note though, aircraft simply don't go flying where there is any sort of convective activity. Sometimes they get caught in it, where there isn't much of a choice, but in the vast majority of cases, stuff just goes around it. Lightning strikes will cause considerable damage to most aircraft, and is extremely dangerous regardless. Mostly the damage comes with the associated convective cells though, which tend to rip aircraft to pieces.

I thought that lightning strikes commercial aircraft on a regular basis with no effect.

• Like 1

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

I'm kinda disturbed by this news, on one hand I think it's always so nice to have a new aircraft to enjoy in the DCS universe and as a result I probably will end up backing that project regardless of my preferences, if only just to support DCS and enrich its module library.

On the other hand I really think the F-35 is quite a terrible module choice for three main reasons:

- Apparently that plane is a disaster IRL whether it's in term of performance because of malfunction or various failures so far or in terms of cost and unmanageable maintenance cost/hour of flight which tbh, wouldn't make me proud of flying such an iconic failure (thus far). Not to mention it hasn't even been in a single war op I believe?

-Obviously all that will be ignored while simulating the F-35 in DCS; which means it will focus on what the plane is supposed to be on paper: an incredibly stealthy and effective 5th generation JSF that supposedly will just be vastly superior to every other air module that DCS offers and will offer. It supposedly render any other aircraft (of the same role at least) ineffective.

-Finally, it's (apparently relative) lack of proper intel and specs on such a recent aircraft simply means a tremendous amount of liberty and wild guess have to be taken to develop it.

Still like I said, I will support it and hope for the best. ;)

Edited by Vivoune

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Vivoune thank you but I think we have discussed the availability of intelligence issue to death and I for one trust in in Kinney's ability to make a DCS-level product without the guesswork. That will most likely not be the issue.* On your first point, if you want to criticize the F-35 for acting like every other high-performance fighter aircraft in terms of maintenance and in its design phase, then well that is your right. If people complain about getting murdered by the F-35, well they can either develop tactics (human wave lol) or exclude it from the server.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]