Operation Bactria (MP COOP 14), Afghanistan CAS

played and completed it several times with no issues.

Ok, thanks for the input. I'll take it for a spin this morning and check it out.

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

I'm having the same issue, on the same mission. Dropped 3xGBU-38 and 1xGBU-12 on the building, no damage.

That being said, love the mission! The voice acting is awesome, the fear in the JTAC's voice, the gunfire in the background... Brings me back to my days on the ground in A-Stan. It really imparts a sense of urgency and investment in the outcome of the mission. I really feel like I am these guys' last hope, not just playing a video game. Great work!

Hello all,

I have not forgotten the task of updating this mission to ensure it functions 100% correctly in 1.5. Before the last patch I couldn't even open missions in the editor, so that was a decisive blow to productivity.

Regarding the indestructible buildings, when Bactria was first released a single 500 lb. bomb was enough to destroy it. Somewhere in 1.2 after development for Bactria ceased, it was no longer possible to instantly destroy the building used in this tasking. The building WILL die, it just takes about 5 minutes or more after impact to explode from my experience. It doesn't matter how much ordnance you drop on it, it will take this long to die. In a future patch I'll try my best to replace it with one that explodes instantly.

Force

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It doesn't matter how much ordnance you drop on it, it will take this long to die.

You probably know of this, but I believe a common trick is to place an infantry unit in or near the building. Once that unit dies, trigger an explosion strong enough to kill the building. There's some potential for abuse (guns/rocket kill), but it should work okay most of the time.

Oh, I almost forgot, great to know you're updating the mission, thanks a lot for all your hard work! :thumbup:

So far my only issue is the building not destroying during the insurgent leader mission. My bombs even killed the near by Ural trucks. Orbitted for 5-7 mins, still nothing. I'd just fly to the IP for the next mission.

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

When flying Op Bactria in our server as multiplayer, there are no transmissions from Chalice. However, downloading this mission and running it on my PC as a singleton mission, it works fine.

Any one any suggestions as to what might be the cause, and the cure?

The issue is most of the triggers look for "part of group in zone" IIRC.

Unfortunately since DCS 1.5 was released detection of client groups has not been possible, clients are only detectable at the unit level.

If you're a patient fella you can rewrite all the hundreds of triggers...easiest thing to do though is just host it locally for MP rather than on a dedicated server.

Habu posted a few months back and said he intended to update the .miz for compatibility with 1.5. Not sure if this is still happening but as I mentioned, should work fine so long as you host locally.

Whenever the client-groups-not-recognized-in-MP bug is solved by ED, these problems should also disappear from all the good ol' missions. :)

Hello all,

I have read about the above issues that you have presented. When I last wrote "1.5" was considered the end state of DCS versioning but now we are all anxiously awaiting "2.5." Due to various bugs and such that happen between patches, I have suspended doing the final bug sweep until the DCS build is in a state of stability. A week a go I hosted Bactria as a private server and everything worked as intended, but I am not sure about the dedicated server situation. One thing to always do is save the mission in the editor after patches.

I will be beginning real life Air Force flight training in a few weeks, so time will not be on my side. I do pledge, however, to make Bactria fully functional once the DCS dust settles. Who knows, maybe you can expect a brand new, similar type mission in Nevada? :smilewink:

Habu

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I will be beginning real life Air Force flight training in a few weeks, so time will not be on my side. I do pledge, however, to make Bactria fully functional once the DCS dust settles. Who knows, maybe you can expect a brand new, similar type mission in Nevada? :smilewink:

Congrats on flight training. You're right that you will be busy, but just stay focused on the next event and you'll be ok. Besides, the AF has a very structured curriculum, which means that you'll also know where your free time is as well. Best of luck, and here's hoping you remain busy like this for the next couple of years. :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Has anyone else been having problems when trying to punch in UTM's I hit the OSB 16 or the left #4 on the CDU and absolutely nothing happens. What the hell?

This has happened to me a few times. And to one of my flight buddies also. I don't know if it's something we are doing wrong or a DCS bug?

Any thoughts

Thanks

Menessis

Has anyone else been having problems when trying to punch in UTM's I hit the OSB 16 or the left #4 on the CDU and absolutely nothing happens. What the hell?

Haven't done that recently, but I don't recall any problems in this regard.

Can you give us an example of the coords you're punching in?

Are you absolutely sure you switched the CDU to MGRS prior to punching in the coords?

Ultimately though, a track or a video would be very helpful. The shorter the better. :smartass:

Hi Yurgon....If I did make a mistake and didn't switch over from L & L first wouldn't it just give an error? When it acts up it just doesn't do anything. Tap the button and nothing happens. Also in the past I have done exactly that and just have to punch in the coords again after switching from L & L.

Thanks for the help so far.

Menessis

There are two rotary dials on the bottom of the CDU; one labeled "STEER PT" and one labeled "PAGE."

The "STEER PT" rotary should be in "MISSION."

The "PAGE" rotary should be in "OTHER." If this is not in "OTHER" you cannot input data.

Use the "WP" key under the screen to access the page where you'll enter coordinates.

Here is another post explaining the process in detail, good luck!

Edited by feefifofum

• 1 month later...

Just tried it in 1.5.5, did two taskings without any problem... Well if we can say that being shot down by a shilka isn't a problem as I survived.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I am just gonna bump this so people can appreciate it. The best OG campaign/mission, before paid campaigns were a thing

Thank you very much for your appreciation. I think its fitting to deliver the following news. Last night I learned that I will be flying the A-10C after the longest, hardest, but most rewarding year of my life in USAF pilot training. I'm glad to hear that this mission gives others as much enjoyment and fulfillment as it has for me.

As promised and in celebration of the above news, expect a remastered version of Bactria taking advantage of new editor features and possibly a brand new mission once the 1.5 and 2.0 integration is complete!

Habu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

I was searching for best MP mission to fly with my friends and came cross this. well first Congrats Habu23.

I wanted to ask if we fly 2 to 3 will be enough to do the mission or it's hard?

i7-6700K | MSI Z170A Gaming M7 | Dominator 32GB 3000MHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING Z | 2TB SSD & 1TB HDD | Acer H277HU 27" WQHD | Audeze Mobius | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Pro

Thank you very much for your appreciation. I think its fitting to deliver the following news. Last night I learned that I will be flying the A-10C after the longest, hardest, but most rewarding year of my life in USAF pilot training.

Congrats!!! You lucky bastard you... :thumbup:

Treat her well, and live the dream of most of us here... :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...