Belsimtek F-15C

Silver_Dragon

do you think they will update the F-15C with JHMCS this time?

i certainly hope they do!

JHMCS / datalink / radar / full HOTAS functionality (see non-nuc wpns manual from '95 that's floating around the internet...)

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think they'd have to be differentiated. Let's say someone has both versions, that person may want to fly the FC3 version for some reason instead of the DCS version. Unless you're going to start handing out refunds for stuff you sold years ago, you can't remove the ability to use what someone has already paid for. Thus some ability for the player to dictate if they fly the FC3 version or the DCS version must be included. The simplest way to do so is to differentiate them in the mission editor. Thus an obvious solution is as follows: FC3 F-15C remains "F-15C" and the DCS: F-15C is named "F-15C MSIP" since that is presumably the specific variant. Splitting them like this means that MP missions can specify which is used.

Could be a separate install for new flighmodel testing. It was made by Belsimtek.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

its probably no more complicated than the fact that there is an "FC3 version" and a "standalone" version

*shrug*

as much as i hope for a DCS-level light-grey, i really don't think its anymore than just testing all versions of the product

what i *am* happy for though.. is the fact that belsimtek is still working on refining the PFM and continues development - THAT is good news to me...

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The FC3 titles mentioned are all also available as stand alone licensed copies for those who do not possess FC3. I'd guess he has both licences, and therefore both iterations of the same items. No mystery there, and no indication whatsoever of there being 2 F-15C modules. FWIW Belsimtek provided the new flight model and revamped the original FC3 F-15C. It may simply be that the separate versions on Wags machine simply represent different iterations of the same module, or even more simply, that there are several licenses for the exact same modules.

Frankly, I think you're just seeing things, and jumping to totally the wrong conclusions.

Yup...

I installed the stand-alone F-15C, and it looks just like that on my current DCS World install - F-15C by Belsimtek...

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I prefer that ED takes the plunge and release a DCS: F-15E and leave the F-15C as it is if time isa problem

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

yeah, Two different birds but the Mudhen retains all the air superiority capabilities of the Eagle. That's why it's better to have this if we had to choose

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

yeah, Two different birds but the Mudhen retains all the air superiority capabilities of the Eagle. That's why it's better to have this if we had to choose

for *some* values of "all"

it is not a true air-superiority fighter - it is a deep strike platform

yes, it can carry A120s and A9s -- but that is for defensive purposes

yes, the aircrew train for A-A -- but its mission is *primarily* interdiction

so, actually, i disagree with you that the mudhen is as much an air sup fighter as a -15C

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

the C and E are no where near the same thing once you move past the fast pak equiped external shape.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Depends on what you're talking about. Avionics, yes night and day. Fuel, hydraulics, flight control, and ECS systems basically mirror images.

The F-15E Flight control system is semi fly-by-wire. It is quite different and far more advanced than the F-15C CAS system. Some F-15E's also have the pw229 engines which have more max thrust than the 220's overall,and significant gains in the supersonic and high altitude regimes. The 229's also eliminated the need for a vmax switch and have improved advanced DEEC with Assymmetric Thrust Departure Prevention System.

The F-15E Flight control system is semi fly-by-wire. It is quite different and far more advanced than the F-15C CAS system. Some F-15E's also have the pw229 engines which have more max thrust than the 220's overall,and significant gains in the supersonic and high altitude regimes. The 229's also eliminated the need for a vmax switch and have improved advanced DEEC with Assymmetric Thrust Departure Prevention System.

Not gonna argue but lets just say I worked F-15 A thru E models for almost 3 years, depot level maintenance. But it's not anything fly by wire.

The only F-15 version that is FBW is the F-15SA for Royal Saudi F-15 modernization program.

The F-15C and E are both called semi-fly by wire because the stick is not mechanically linked to the control surfaces in normal flight modes. It just sends signals to the AFCS which in turn moves the control surfaces. But in the case of AFCS failure the pilot retains mechanical control. Compared to todays fly by wire systems its hard to really put a semi in front of fly by wire, thats like saying the A-10C is semi fly by wire because of the SAS.

But i know you knew that already Snoopy ;)

Edited by Baxter

1F-15A-1 (also covers the B/C/D models)

Flight Control System

The aircraft primary flight control surfaces consist of conventional ailerons, twin rudders, and stabilators, which are capable of symmetrical or differential movement. Hydraulic actuators are used to position the control surfaces. The inputs to the hydraulic actuators are from a hydromechanical system and an electrical system called the Control Augmentation System (CAS). The hydromechanical system and the CAS normally work together, but either system alone is capable of providing sufficient aircraft control for flight. Spring cartridges provide simulated aerodynamic forces to the control stick and rudder pedals. The spring cartridges have trim actuators which actually move the neutral positions and thus the control surfaces.

1F-15E-1

Flight Control System

The aircraft primary flight control surfaces consist of conventional ailerons, twin rudders and stabilators (which are capable of symmetrical or differential movement). Hydraulic actuators are used to position the control surfaces. The inputs to the hydraulic actuators are from a hydromechanical system and an electrical system called the control augmentation system (CAS). The hydromechanical system and the CAS normally work together, but either system alone is capable of providing sufficient aircraft control for flight. Spring cartridges provide simulated aerodynamic forces to the control stick and rudder pedals. The spring cartridges have trim actuators which actually move the neutral positions and the control surfaces.

.....thats like saying the A-10C is semi fly by wire because of the SAS.

Wait, the A-10 isn't ;) :D

It is termed "semi" because the flight control system is triple redundant using mechanical linkage and stick force input. Should the hydromechanical system fail the control surfaces can still be deflected by the CAS system alone and vice versa. I still maintain the augmentation system itself is far different in the A/B/C/D vs E models in that it is digital and supplied by Lear/BAE Astronics.

Not gonna argue but lets just say I worked F-15 A thru E models for almost 3 years, depot level maintenance. But it's not anything fly by wire.

Coming in on the tail end of this, the legacy Strike does have a "semi-fly by wire". It's in the horizontal and rudder actuator. When a flight control BIT is done on the stabs and rudder, those actuators move w/out the stick actually moving (CAS). You can actually deflect the control surfaces without moving the stick due to the stick force sensor. That's the grey box at the base of the stick grip.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Just reading an older issue of PC Pilot, issue 89 which I think is from January/February 2014.

This issue has an interview with Wags and he is asked a question about ED taking a hardcore approach to realism. In his response Wags states that there are in fact 2 different levels of simulation - FC3 level and DCS level. He then states that the next 'hardcore' DCS level products will be the F-15C and F/A-18C.

Has anything been stated since which indicates that this is no longer the case?

...He then states that the next 'hardcore' DCS level products will be the F-15C and F/A-18C.

i'm glad the F-15C is (was?) on "the list"

they WANT to do it - i think its just a matter of time...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]