LASTE wind correction not working on some missions

Please try using LASTE WIND correction for CCIP in "weapons training" vanilla mission. In Georgian Hammer, it works, in this mission it doesn't. I know it works by cycling between WIND/TEMP/BOTH/NONE and watching the PBIL (dashed) getting changed (while dotted in level flight).

Should I delete player and flight and put a new one?

Also, can anyone help me understand basics of windage correction for non-LASTE deliveries (assuming a failure happened and I need to drop bombs on target). For example the big CCIP reticle is 40 mils (for EXAMPLE!!!) which means that for every knot of crosswind, you slide it to the left for example 5 mils, and for every knot of headwind, you slide it AFTER target by 5 mils.

I'm sure the more experienced can verify and help for that matter on this subject.

Please don't pepper the thread with "you need to be USAFANG" or "USAF clearance only" replies. We're all here to learn.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Then why do even the 476th famed battle book have a correction values in mils for both head and tailwinds, crosswinds? If we strip off the wind correction, in a windless, CAVOK mission, your words may be true. So the time of fall is dependent on fewer factors.

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

What they should have included is the weight and drag index so these things could be replicated, unless these values are for a certain configuration, they are meaningless with a full load of Mk-82's, 100% fuel, unless that is the assumed configuration.

What they should have included is the weight and drag index so these things could be replicated, unless these values are for a certain configuration, they are meaningless with a full load of Mk-82's, 100% fuel, unless that is the assumed configuration.

What on earth are you on about?

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

What is the config used for your battle book? Because obviously being for example at that base speed requires X lbs total weight, with Y drag index to be at that speed, unless it is totally irrelevant, meaning I could be at 15000 then drop to 11300 and gain speed that way. It is ambiguous.

And further, most charts I saw (old ones), had a configuration and a standard temperature defined.

Aircraft weight and drag index are irrelevant. There are four things you need to know to calculate an impact point. (Five, if you're correcting for terrain altitude at the point of impact, but we'll ignore that for now):

1. The ballistic characteristics of the weapon. (Which includes temperature and pressure, I guess.)

2. The release platform's altitude. (Which becomes the weapon's initial altitude.)

3. The release platform's speed. (Which becomes the weapon's initial speed.)

4. The release platform's dive/climb angle. (Which becomes the weapon's initial dive/climb angle.)

In those conditions, you can precalculate offsets for windage.

• Like 1

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

Ok now I understand. Thanks for clarifying that.