Black texture on pilot's left leg

Nooch

that should be showing your kneedboard there... have you installed any kneeboard mods etc?

maybe run DCS repair from your start menu in windows.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

that should be showing your kneedboard there... have you installed any kneeboard mods etc?

maybe run DCS repair from your start menu in windows.

Nope, no kneeboard mod. I'm running a clean fresh 1.2.16 install.

EDIT : I've run a repair but it didn't solve the issue.

Edited by Nooch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've fixed it! I've replaced the 0 in "pilot_P51_kneeboard",0, by a 1 in the file description.lua located in C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\P-51D\Liveries\Cockpit_P-51D\default and it works fine now.

It seems that the file currently on ED's server is altered because before doing what I did, I tried deleting the .lua file and then run a repair, that redownloaded it. But the file was still the wrong one with the 0 instead of the 1.

Edited by Nooch
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...

I'm not able to save the change.

It says I don't have permission to save to this file.

Can someone please tell me how I can save this file.

[Phanteks Enthoo Elite Case, Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 MOBO, Intel Core i9-9700K OC 5.1, G SKILL Ripjaws DDR4-3466 RAM 64GB, 3 x Samsung 970 Pro 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 x 4TB HDD, 2 x Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition 11G, Corsair AX1600i Modular Power Supply, 7 x Cooler MasterFan Pro, 7 x Phanteks Fans, Koolance Cooling System, Custom Lighting, Windows 10 Home, Alienware AW3418DW Curved Monitor, TrackIR 5, Warthog Hotas, MFG Rudder Pedals.]

By default in Win7 (and 8 i guess but i don't have it) the DCS folders have administrator privileges only, if you set the security options to everyone it should work ok. Is it windows or notepad that's giving you the error?

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

I'm not able to save the change.

It says I don't have permission to save to this file.

Can someone please tell me how I can save this file.

I have this problem as well with windows 8

The solution: Move the file to your desktop and edit It there. Then take the file and put it back into the original location and Voila! you done.

hope this helps :)

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

Or simply run the Notepad++ text editor (you are using Notepad++ for all lua editing of course aren't you?) in administrator mode, and it will save them without any privilege messages.

Also, it is very important that you always make a backup before you start playing with lua files just in case you inadvertently screw it up.

Yes I am using notepad.

I will try what everyone has suggested and let you know what happens.

Thank you all for your help.

[Phanteks Enthoo Elite Case, Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 MOBO, Intel Core i9-9700K OC 5.1, G SKILL Ripjaws DDR4-3466 RAM 64GB, 3 x Samsung 970 Pro 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 x 4TB HDD, 2 x Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition 11G, Corsair AX1600i Modular Power Supply, 7 x Cooler MasterFan Pro, 7 x Phanteks Fans, Koolance Cooling System, Custom Lighting, Windows 10 Home, Alienware AW3418DW Curved Monitor, TrackIR 5, Warthog Hotas, MFG Rudder Pedals.]

Yes, I had noticed that. Thanks!

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Ok. Got the kneeboard to come up with the map.

Had to give security to everyone.

Another question now.

Are you suppose to be able to cycle thru the maps on the kneeboard?

I am not able to cycle thru the maps if I am able to.

All the keys are mapped correctly. I can press shift - k and cycle thru the other maps.

They just don't cycle on the kneeboard on the pilots leg.