[BUG] Electrics and flaps

iFoxRomeo

When you start a flaps movement, e.g. from landing position to up, and then pull the battery and generator circuit breakers, the flaps will continue to move although they should not receive any current anymore.

Can someone confirm?

Fox

Edited by iFoxRomeo
YT video added
Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

• 1 month later...
I did some tests, and what I see is that the flaps stop but only the sound continues

same results with engine running or without !

My dcs version is 1.2.14 update1

Negative, they still move without connection to a energy source. Use timelapse, then you will see the movement.

DCS v1.2.14u1

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

• 2 months later...

I think I've found another issue with the electrical system. The fuses for "Landing Gear Power" and "Instrument Lights, Gun-Sight, Indicators, Compass and Starter" seem to be mixed up, at least in regards to the landing gear.

You can replicate this behavior if you retract the landing gear on the ground with just the power and landing gear fuse on, the gear doesn't retract. But when I press the Instrument light fuse (3rd from the front), the gear retracts.

Can anyone else confirm?

Also the "Flaps, Trimmer, Artificial Horizon" fuse still does nothing. Flaps work with or without it on.

This is in version 1.2.16.37730

Edited by KaspeR32

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

I think I've found another issue with the electrical system. The fuses for "Landing Gear Power" and "Instrument Lights, Gun-Sight, Indicators, Compass and Starter" seem to be mixed up, at least in regards to the landing gear.

You can replicate this behavior if you retract the landing gear on the ground with just the power and landing gear fuse on, the gear doesn't retract. But when I press the Instrument light fuse (3rd from the front), the gear retracts.

Can anyone else confirm?

That's probably, because you need two fuses E16 and V24 to operate the landing gear properly.

E16 is the electric motor main circuit, V24 is the electric motor control circuit and the V24 most likely contains the gear locks too.

As an example:

Lets say you are flying and have landing gear up. E16 is out and V24 is ok. You press landing gear down, gear locks release and gravity does the rest.

Then you want the landing gear back up, but since you don't have electric motor main circuit working, landing gear stays down.

Next case would be V24 out and E16 ok, flying and landing gear up. Nothing happens, because the gear locks wont release and the electric motor won't get the actual control command when or which way to spin.

So, without control circuit the electric motor is just sitting there, doing nothing.

The diagram ED provided with manual is very basic, but does the job.

By the looks they even thought about the landing gear extension with motor and motorless.

Without the motor landing gear extend much faster than with the motor, just like when using the emergency handle. Another nice little detail there. :thumbup:

Edited by Bassly

That's probably, because you need two fuses E16 and V24 to operate the landing gear properly.

E16 is the electric motor main circuit, V24 is the electric motor control circuit and the V24 most likely contains the gear locks too.

As an example:

Thanks for the response :thumbup: Does this also explain the flaps? I'll have to look at the diagram that you mentioned.

You are right though, sometimes it's those little details that I love about DCS (and if I don't understand them, cry about)

Edited by KaspeR32

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

Thanks for the response :thumbup: Does this also explain the flaps? I'll have to look at the diagram that you mentioned.

You are right though, sometimes it's those little details that I love about DCS (and if I don't understand them, cry about)

Well landing flaps are on the V350, but at the moment you can use the flaps with the battery only connected without the V350 in.

To both directions and in all positions. So no, does not make much sense.

It was internally fixed two updates ago, but it's not added yet I guess?

Edited by Bassly