Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

IIRC the main tacview export files are in "Saved Games/DCS/Scripts"

• Export.lua - has a line added to run TacviewExportDCS.lua
  • TacviewExportDCS.lua - exports the flight data

If your DCS Openbeta has a separate save directory "Saved Games/DCS.openbeta" you'll perhaps need to copy the file and changes across.

Source (Tacview online documentation): http://www.tacview.net/documentation/dcs/en/

Thanks.

I will check it.

Figured since it worked out of the box for SE the OB would just work too :)

This is strange because Tacview does not lock the keyboard device to get exclusive access. I will look into this when I have some time for it.

Which player/version are you using for your music?

Strange indeed.

I am playing music with Spotify now (streaming).

I guess I could try winamp with my local collection to see if that one has the same problem or not.

Perhaps keymapping or something in W10 could be the culprit as well.

I will take a closer look tonight after I recorded some new flights :)

To all TacViewer-User,

I'm looking for an automatic fligtlog parser which is able to calculate/extract the following things:

Flight time

Number of kills

Does someone already wrote a script/tool to do this?

I would like do display/collect this data for my team and show it on the website...

Edited by f4l0

You may find the answer to your question here:

http://www.tacview.net/documentation/flightlogs/#q12

To all TacViewer-User,

I'm looking for an automatic fligtlog parser which is able to calculate/extract the following things:

Flight time

Number of kills

Does someone already wrote a script/tool to do this?

I would like do display/collect this data for my team and show it on the website...

tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

The /Save command is still here. By default it now saves your data in a *.zip.acmi file. Which is the new file format compressed in a zip archive. (7z support will follow later)

If it does not work for you, can you share me your flight data and the batch file/code you are using to convert it?

Nice update!

Is the command line option "/Save" gone?

It shows up if used but something have changed there I think.

To be honest with you, the optimizations done are for in-memory (RAM) data, not on your storage device yet.

In the coming versions, I will rewrite DCS World exporter. It will save less data, in a packed file, so you will not need any more to compress your files using the command line after each flight.

I’m rewriting Tacview modules progressively to reduce the risk of breaking things up…

Nice work, Vyrtuoz!

Especially excited about the file size fixes, my ACMI folder gets scary if I forget to stick my head in there for a week or two and clear it out. :)

The /Save command is still here. By default it now saves your data in a *.zip.acmi file. Which is the new file format compressed in a zip archive. (7z support will follow later)

If it does not work for you, can you share me your flight data and the batch file/code you are using to convert it?

OK, your previous versions saved the <filename>.txt.acmi to a new file called <filename>.acmi as default when you selected the file/save menu (removes the .txt part and saves the smaller .acmi file). The same did the /Save commandline switch. In this new update you don't do that, you simply uses the same name, will you change this or have you changed the standard from previous version? Easy to check and confirm what I'm trying to get through if you have both versions installed. :)

Edited by HiJack

You may find the answer to your question here:

http://www.tacview.net/documentation/flightlogs/#q12

Thanks for your answer.

I already found this, an looking into the file is also a solution ;)

I just wonder if there is already such script available. It seems not, or at least no one likes to share it. In 2 weeks I'll have some free time. Then I'll create such script...

I see! I have fixed the bug in Tacview 1.5.1. To sum up:

When using the command line to convert files, by default, Tacview already saves your files in the .zip.acmi file format instead of .txt.acmi. You can override this behavior by specifying an explicit output name like [myflightdata.txt.acmi], if you just want to clean up the file without compressing it for example…

When using the File|Save option from the GUI, Tacview 1.5.1 now properly offers to save your file in the .zip.acmi file format instead of “just” .txt.acmi if your source file was not an acmi 2.0 file. (which is the case for current DCS World flight data)

OK, your previous versions saved the <filename>.txt.acmi to a new file called <filename>.acmi as default when you selected the file/save menu (removes the .txt part and saves the smaller .acmi file). The same did the /Save commandline switch. In this new update you don't do that, you simply uses the same name, will you change this or have you changed the standard from previous version? Easy to check and confirm what I'm trying to get through if you have both versions installed. :)

I see! I have fixed the bug in Tacview 1.5.1. To sum up:

When using the command line to convert files, by default, Tacview already saves your files in the .zip.acmi file format instead of .txt.acmi. You can override this behavior by specifying an explicit output name like [myflightdata.txt.acmi], if you just want to clean up the file without compressing it for example…

When using the File|Save option from the GUI, Tacview 1.5.1 now properly offers to save your file in the .zip.acmi file format instead of “just” .txt.acmi if your source file was not an acmi 2.0 file. (which is the case for current DCS World flight data)

Thank you Vyrtuoz. I did som tests during the weekend and decided to just change my program to use the .zip.acmi files. All good now I think. :thumbup:

Yes, I will try to export the waypoints when I will rewrite the exporter for DCS World.

Hello, I just tried Tacview : nice tool.

@Vyrtuoz : do you plan to add DCS mission waypoint in tacview ? It should be nice to check how the flight plan is followed.

Yes, I will try to export the waypoints when I will rewrite the exporter for DCS World.

Will be a nice point. If you like this idea just try set the waypoint only for both selected aircraft just to avoid the view overload for every aircraft wpt.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How hard it would be to include possibility to play back a sound file (and maybe multiple files from multiple channels, that you can selectively mute if needed) during ACMI playback? What I'm after is having comms playing out at the same time as action is unfolding so we could also debrief and analyze comms technique. You would also need a method to set a synchronization point for the sound playback. I was also thinking about integration with SRS so you could automatically record your comms in SRS and have them synced with ACMI in Tacview automatically. This would of course require collaboration with Ciribob.

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron

Synchronized video and audio playback are planned and should be available this year.

However, I do not plan to provide audio or video recorders because there is already plenty of tools for that and I'm sure you will prefer me to work on more flight specific tools like real-time flight recording ;)

Hi.

TacView is an excellent tool, we have been using it with our squadron for years.

I´m having a problem since the last Windows 10 update (aniversary update, OS version 1607, build 14393.51): Tacview crashes right after starting. It load up, shows its main screen but hungs up, nothing is clickable.

I use a TacView professional licence. This happens with current non beta version 1.5.0 since last windows 10 update . Tried uninstalling, cleanning registry and reinstalling but same error occurs.

Help is welcome. Thanks.

Edited by JorgeIII

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

Synchronized video and audio playback are planned and should be available this year.

However, I do not plan to provide audio or video recorders because there is already plenty of tools for that and I'm sure you will prefer me to work on more flight specific tools like real-time flight recording ;)

That's great to hear.

My idea about SRS was that if it could make recordings with sync data included would you be able to take advantage of that to automatically sync the sound file with the acmi. This is something you and Ciribob would need to consider together to make it happen (ie. Ciribob makes the recorder and you the player.).

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron

JorgeIII,

This is strange, because I’m developing using the latest official version of Windows and I didn’t notice any issue between the anniversary update and Tacview (and I don’t see how it could be otherwise).

Can you check the following check list? http://www.tacview.net/support/reportbug/

To help you I need more information:

• Can you share me your dxdiag log file (like explained on the support page)?
  • Also, if Tacview crashes, you should see a dialog box inviting you to share a mini-dump file which will help me to see where it has crashed.

Hi.

TacView is an excellent tool, we have been using it with our squadron for years.

I´m having a problem since the last Windows 10 update (aniversary update, OS version 1607, build 14393.51): Tacview crashes right after starting. It load up, shows its main screen but hungs up, nothing is clickable.

I use a TacView professional licence. This happens with current non beta version 1.5.0 since last windows 10 update . Tried uninstalling, cleanning registry and reinstalling but same error occurs.

Help is welcome. Thanks.

I understand. This is a bit early to work on this point, but when I will do, I will certainly contact Ciribob to work on a compatible solution with him.

Thanks. I´ve just found the problem by reading the DxLog file and TackView is working again.

SonicStudio.exe (gaming audio software) was crashing and interfering somehow with TackView. I closed Sonic Studio and Tack View runs fine.

Thanks again for your support, Jorge.

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

Strange indeed.

I am playing music with Spotify now (streaming).

I guess I could try winamp with my local collection to see if that one has the same problem or not.

Perhaps keymapping or something in W10 could be the culprit as well.

I will take a closer look tonight after I recorded some new flights :)

Sorry for late reply.

Vacation ended and work happened... :-D

I got around to try it with win10 app Tv&Movies (I realized winamp uses other hotkeys).

And I can say that TV&Movies app does not recognize the multimedia keys being pressed either while tacview is in focus so I think they are still being grabbed somehow.

TV&Movies app usually detect the keys even while being detected by other applications tho.

As in, you can have a TV&M window opened and press pause to spotify and TV&M app starts playing.. most of the times even when you diddnt mean for it to start playing :P

But tacview turns all of that off and wont let any other app receive the MM keys.

Normally it would not be a problem but with small kid running around and sometimes I quickly need to hit the mute MM key to mute my headphones to hear what is going on (milk being poured onto the couch etc...), it sort of becomes a kind of a problem.. :)