DCS 1.2.3 & TARS 1.0.2b2 (+Helios)

When I try to install the latest TARS, the program only list A-10C, Black Shark, and Black Shark 2. The web site lists that it is for DCS World 1.2.1. Any ideas?

Update: GOT IT!

I am on the TARS website and I do not see any updated ver of TARS it is only the old 1. Where is everybody finding this TARS and how are they getting it to work?:huh:

hi there,

my squad and i got a problem with TARS.

the installation works good and no issues. in MP game, all radios works and the change from different frequencies works also. but we had no sound seperation (left, right or both) from the radios. we try differnet settings in TS3 but no result.

it dosen´t matter on wich radio someone talk; you hear him every time on both chanels. had someone an idea?

we play with TS3 3.0.9.2

TARS v1.0.2 beta 2

DCS World 1.2.3

greetz from germany

vJG74 Tankard

Don't know if you've seen it but there's a new version of TARS out: TARS 102b3

Please fix the KA-50 bugs :-)

Black Shark: Controller profile & setup, TrackIR profile, pit.

Warthog HOTAS: Lubing the stick and extending the stick.

Posts on howto customize switches in DCS &

Must-have mods for DCS World and KA-50 (mostly JSGME).

Casual couch pilot, watching capped.tv...

I've need help.... we've install (my squadron 69Squadrone) the DCS 123 and the latest TARS (102b3) whit TS 3.0.0.9.

But the TARS dont work... maybe we've miss any step... i dont understand.

This new TARS point the string into this folders:

C:\Users\pincopallino\Saved Games\DCS

the old TARS (for A10 only) point the string in the game folders.

If i try to point the game folders (with this new TARS) say me that dont have the config.lua valid.

I can make new one (maybe i think work) but i dont understand why i've need to do this step manually if thenew TARS it's programmed for work in DCS WORLD ?????

any help?

thank you

www.69squadrone.it

GigaByte X58A-UD7 rev 2.0 -- Intel i7 950 3.06 Ghz (OC 3.20) -- Geforce GTX 750Ti -- DDR3 Corsair 2000 mhz 12 GB -- HD SSD Crucial 1Tb --

HD WD raptor SATA2 150 GB x 10000 rpm -- Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800 W -- Windows 7 Professional 64bit --

Hotas Cougar n° 01909 -- Hotas Warthog n° 08070 -- Console MFD self made with X-key -- Monitor DELL 24 Inch

please... please... please... let next DCS module be a F18 :worthy:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've need help.... we've install (my squadron 69Squadrone) the DCS 123 and the latest TARS (102b3) whit TS 3.0.0.9.

But the TARS dont work... maybe we've miss any step... i dont understand.

This new TARS point the string into this folders:

C:\Users\pincopallino\Saved Games\DCS

the old TARS (for A10 only) point the string in the game folders.

If i try to point the game folders (with this new TARS) say me that dont have the config.lua valid.

I can make new one (maybe i think work) but i dont understand why i've need to do this step manually if thenew TARS it's programmed for work in DCS WORLD ?????

any help?

thank you

Maybe the steps of this linked post and some further posts could help - and remember to enable the TARS plugin in teamspeak (often forgotten). Further TARS will not show as running in teamspeak before radios are powered on in a multiplayer game and you update the view in teamspeak.

Further - check that standby is not checked in the TARS-control panel. Everytime you change your TARS-settings in the TARS control panel you have to restart DCS Multiplayer and reload the teamspeak plugin or restart teamspeak.

Thank you Tietze... but the step that you're show me in the link...we've done all step.

We're not newbie in TARS we 've flight in A10 with TARS many many many time and work perfectly...

but... we try to reinstall and follow again the entire setup again... i hope that this time work.

However... thank you very much for your reply

www.69squadrone.it

GigaByte X58A-UD7 rev 2.0 -- Intel i7 950 3.06 Ghz (OC 3.20) -- Geforce GTX 750Ti -- DDR3 Corsair 2000 mhz 12 GB -- HD SSD Crucial 1Tb --

HD WD raptor SATA2 150 GB x 10000 rpm -- Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800 W -- Windows 7 Professional 64bit --

Hotas Cougar n° 01909 -- Hotas Warthog n° 08070 -- Console MFD self made with X-key -- Monitor DELL 24 Inch

please... please... please... let next DCS module be a F18 :worthy:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
Problems? Things to check:

File is present: C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua

Contains this line at the end (if not using HELIOS, this is the only line that needs to be in that file): dofile("./Config/Export/TARSExport.lua")

thanks so much for the step by step. I haven't run Helios in over a year and just got a new touch screen so I am so excited to get it up and running with Helios. I am only trying to get Helios running with the latest version of DCS world. I do not use TARS. I still can't get Helios running after working on this for over a week. so I must be missing something. my question is, does the file in saved games/dcs/scripts/Export.lua get created on it's own? I followed the above procedure and never saw instructions on actually creating this file, so I assumed it must be created automatically. When Helios failed to work, I checked the saved games/dcs/scripts folder and noticed that there is no file in it. Thanks in advance.

***Update***

I just noticed that some of my older profiles work great, while the newer profile I just downloaded from Gadroc's website doesn't work. I'm going to upload a profile that does work and one that doesn't. The one that does work is called "Mikes_Helios" and the one that doesn't work is called "Gadroc A10C-Single Mon". For me, a bit of a newbie, I don't see any difference between the two. Again...thanks for any help.

helios profiles.zip

Edited by ncimike3

EVGA X58 FTW3 | i7-960 3.2GHz | 6Gb DDR3 1600Mhz | GTX 680 4Gb | Win 7 64 |TM HOTAS Warthog | Combat Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TM MFD Cougar set | Logithech G35 Headset

Ok, I just checked your files. It seems that the gadroc-profile have no bindings on the keys and indicators (clicking on an indicator like HSI and checking bindings reveals that they are all empty). So on to binding everything, then it will work :-)

Ok. that is a relief just knowing that It wasn't my setup. Thank you so much for taking the time to help. I guess my next question would be where would I start to learn about binding everything properly. I looked at Helios website and not a lot there as far as documentation.

EVGA X58 FTW3 | i7-960 3.2GHz | 6Gb DDR3 1600Mhz | GTX 680 4Gb | Win 7 64 |TM HOTAS Warthog | Combat Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TM MFD Cougar set | Logithech G35 Headset

Ok. that is a relief just knowing that It wasn't my setup. Thank you so much for taking the time to help. I guess my next question would be where would I start to learn about binding everything properly. I looked at Helios website and not a lot there as far as documentation.

It is not simple, but still should be possible to be found out :-)

In the bindings in the lower part of the profile editor window you have to drag items from Actions (left column) and over to Bindings (right column).

For example click on the (1) HSI instrument picture. You will see the possible bindings on the (2) right column "bindings" and on (3) the left column you can find the HSI and drag the available actions to a bindings. Do it for all instruments. Save and it should work. And it is a bit of work to get it all done.

helios-actions-bindings.png

I must admit I don't know if there is an easier way. There probably is, but haven't found it yet :-)

• Like 1

okay....that was great info. Helped me tremendously. Apparently, I must have deleted all the bindings. I simply re-downloaded the profile. I then checked the bindings and indeed they did exist on the original file. When I fired up DCS world everything came to life! Now I just got to figure a way to get my FPS up to a decent rate. The added load on my video card slowed the sim down alot. Even with everything on medium. Great help. Thanks so much.

Edited by ncimike3

I know, I am not really helpfull but I have running

Helios

TFS3

TARS

So it should work also for you.

There are many guys with more experience but I would like to let you know

That it will work.

I have also many many USB devices.

Helios will become confused in LAN sessions for any reason

But his is an other topic.

• 1 month later...

procedure for 1.2.4?

Hi,

after the 1.2.4 update I'm struggling to get my Helios to work again. Here is what I did:

I created a DCS World/Config/Export folder and put an empty Export.lua into it. Otherwise Helios would complain that my DCS installation folder was incorrect.

I then hit the "Setup DCS A10" button in Helios, the empty Export.lua was backuped and a new one with 13kB was created.

I did not create any config.lua because cOff said this file is not used anymore.

I then moved the "DCS World/Config/Export/Export.lua" to my "[..]/user/Saved Games/DCS/Scripts"-folder.

I then ran the TARS control center an installed TARS which added the

dotfile("Scripts/TARSExportblablabla")

-line

to my "[..]/user/Saved Games/DCS/Scripts/Export.lua"

I launched my Helios-profile, jumped into the cockpit, but everything is dead!

So what am I missing here? I have a export.lua in my user/Saved Games/Scripts-folder, created by HELIOS (although not created in that folder).

If you checkout my controllerprofile, there is a readme explaining in detail the Helios setup with a combined Helios export script. Page 3, heading 3.

Link to zip file containing the readme.pdf.

http://db.tt/ldsVRI5Y

I copied your export.lua and HELIOS.lus into the "Saved Games/DCS/Scripts" and also uncommented the lines for TARS and TacView.

Still no joy :cry:

Then I tried your BS profile and that worked. So I figured it had to do with my A10 Helios profile. I found a backup of it and now it works again :thumbup:

So apparently the Helios editor screwed around with my profile when I was trying to set the game path.

Thank you, mate

• 3 months later...

Its a shame that so much effort went into this to help people out, and people like me who once had Helios running can not anymore. Ive been reading through this and must admit, some of it I am not understanding, take this for example:

Additionally you have to copy/ create two files in the newly created: C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\Export

• "Copy Export.lua from (a new empty file will probably also work): C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts
  • Create a new (empty) file called Config.lua (that would normally contain this statement: EnableExportScript = true, but is now handled in network.cfg see post #5 by c0ff below)"

Create a new file called Config.lua? Create it how, from what?

Copy Export.lua? from where and put it where?

Edited by Fakum

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Next confusing find:

"The change introduced with DCS World 1.2.3.9871 is that the file "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\Export\Export.lua" and config.lua in the same directory is ignored by DCS"

There is no "Config.lua" in the same directory on my PC as stated above it should be?

Edited by Fakum

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Next confusing find:

"Instead DCS now looks for "C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua". And network.cfg, see post #5 by c0ff below."

My scripts directory is empty, no export.lua or network config?

By the way my version of DCS World is current at 1.2.5.16508

• 6 months later...
With the new TS3 version 3.0.14 TARS (and ACRE and TFAR) not work. I think TS3 changed the API.

Some of the guys in my squad have TARS working with the latest version of TS. In the export.lua of the saved games folder, TARS has been putting in this line at the very bottom: dofile(lfs.writedir().."Scripts\\TARSExport.lua").

When they put in this line underneath it: dofile("./Config/Export/TARSExportA10.lua"), TARS would work.

Another thing some of us have to do is, once we enter the pit, go to TS "uncheck" the TARS box in plugins under settings. Click "close", go back into the plugins and recheck the TARS plugin. Click "Close" and TARS comes to life. Hope this helps.

Edited by Talon-X-

Some of the guys in my squad have TARS working with the latest version of TS. In the export.lua of the saved games folder, TARS has been putting in this line at the very bottom: dofile(lfs.writedir().."Scripts\\TARSExport.lua").

When they put in this line underneath it: dofile("./Config/Export/TARSExportA10.lua"), TARS would work.

Another thing some of us have to do is, once we enter the pit, go to TS "uncheck" the TARS box in plugins under settings. Click "close", go back into the plugins and recheck the TARS plugin. Click "Close" and TARS comes to life. Hope this helps.

Thanks, i post you solution in my comunity, i hope the author of TARS return and update this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cavallers del Cel - Comunintat Catalana de Simulació http://www.cavallersdelcel.cat

• 2 months later...

Could someone please explain the current correct installation procedure for getting Helios running with DCS A10C? I tried following the steps in the first post, but they're quite confusing and seem to contradict themselves.

The subject of this thread states DCS version 1.2.3, is that the version you're installing?

Please explain what you have done, your problem or where things go wrong :-)