Leatherneck Simulations Monthly Update - January 2015

Cobra847

F6F Hellcatcat. As has been spotted on their site and as is "missing" from VEAO's list

Was it even on the list?

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F-14 Tomcat. As has been hinted at massively

F6F Hellcatcat. As has been spotted on their site and as is "missing" from VEAO's list

J2F Duck. Well it fits that first image. Taking off from water would be a first in DCS and quite a coding challenge I suspect.

While that list is plausible, in my opinion it has a bit of a shortcoming.

All the fans they could create with the Mig-21 for Russian air foils will go out empty. Instead they have two prop aircraft from around the same era.

I personally still believe (or at least hope) that instead of either the F6F or the J2F, they will bring us another MiG.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

How bout an su-25sm?

No TV camera, no pod. It is just flying brick lol :)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I think VEAO are just doing the wildcat. I remember being a little disappointed as I'm a big hellcat fan.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Mig23MLD, Mig25PD or BM, F14A Tomcat, A6 Intruder, F4 Phantom these are aircraft i hope Leatherneck is doing or have on their to do list.

All of the above would fit the Straight of Hormuz area.

F6F or the J2F dont fit in any scenario right now. I wouldnt mind buying the F6F but a J2F really?? i dont see many people flying such a limited ugly plane.

When talking about ducks lets hope its a vague hint towards the Su34 with its duck shaped nose.

g8PjVMw.png

I really wish the devs of any team would make some sort of package of planes. Like F-86 and the Mig-15. Mustang and Dora, Mig-21 and (Mirage, Phantom, whatever fits) so we don't have the sad situation of having a very well done module but no opponend for multiplayer.

Instead of opening a new timeframe or new class of planes, give us for each plane a propper opponend.

That's why I hope for an F-14A :)

When I look at other dev teams, who the hell needs a trainer jet? Why develop an P-40 which again has nothing to fight against? Why do I see a F8F on the roadmap were we have no japanese planes at all?

So, LN, give us a western plane that matches the Mig-21's timeframe or give us a sovjet plane that can compete with FC3 jets :)

Fingers crossed for F-14A

:pilotfly:

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pedals, Oculus Rift

:joystick:

sometime it seems to me, that people loosing imagination.

for example, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Libya, Egypt, Syria,.. were all supplied by USSR, and all operated MiG21. So you can imagine, that MiG21 is opponent for itself.. as any other aircraft can be.

I know that many people only thinks in the borders of popular history and want only this particular situations to relive. but life is whole lot of colorful. ;)

and to the trainers thing - (imho) the dev teams have maybe big amount of sources regarding this planes, or has real life experience flying/maintaining this planes. so they started with them.

as the DSC planes provides steep learning curve for us players, so the development of these provides steep learning curve for the devs. so devs decision to start with simple trainer can bring its fruits in the later development of big planes.

but for sure release of these trainers should be supported by announcement of the next 'big' project. this way many people will support the devs with buying these trainers in expectations of the big things. :)

Edited by 313_Nevo

F-14D (D for Duck) ;)

I don't think it will be the D. Too new, too classified. I would be ecstatic if it was the D, but I think if we're all honest with ourselves, we know it can't be.

The A is most likely, oldest, least capable, easiest to implement. The A+/Bs are also a reasonable possibility, and I hope at least they give us the A+ so that we have halfway decent engines to work with and not the craptacular ones the Tomcat originally had.

It's strange that the site is offline so long. Roland should move the site in Romania cause there there is no such thing as site offline for weeks because no payment unless no money :D .

In Romania I would had a month of warning that the site is not payed anymore then I would have put it online in 2 minutes with a call.

Seriously... what is the next plane? :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

It's strange that the site is offline so long. Roland should move the site in Romania cause there there is no such thing as site offline for weeks because no payment unless no money :D .

In Romania I would had a month of warning that the site is not payed anymore then I would have put it online in 2 minutes with a call.

From LNS' perspective, I wonder if they even need a website of their own; this one serves most of their purposes pretty well.

maybe they are changing the site for the surprise!

I hope we have more planes that the majority does not want (MIG23 - SU22 - SU15 ) like they did with the Mig...

maybe they are changing the site for the surprise!

I hope we have more planes that the majority does not want (MIG23 - SU22 - SU15 ) like they did with the Mig...

I'd buy each and everyone of those.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

If you ask me, they spilled the beans at the end of the podcast when giving hints about the next module:

"It's got an airframe, a cockpit, an engine or two..."

"You've lost that lovin' feeling?"

!!

well hopefully they'll feel "the need,the need for speed":smilewink:

You shouldn't expect to have to wait until 2016 to fly a new Leatherneck module.

If they release something this year, I'd bet that it would be the MiG-23. I dimly remember they said that there is a lot of commonality between the '23 and the '21 and it would take them about a 1/2-1 year to actually make it with the groundwork of the '21.

Otherwise it would be a prop/ww2 plane.

Also, way more hints at the Tomcat. Getting real excited.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Leatherneck, please let it be a model that can drop bombs. If you really are making an F-14, let it be perfect.

I just want to try the mythical phoenix missile. I want the enemy planes to turn around and flee as soon as my RIO fires up the radar and illuminates them. I couldnt care less about the variant, I would prefer the B for the more powerful engines, but the A might be a more challenging (and fun) plane to fly for the very same reasons.

Can't wait for the announcement, and some screenies (and or) videos.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.