Status update June 2015

We wont be able to confirm specifics until around Q4 I wouldn't have thought, near the back end of the year.

Thanks for the update Pman, though I can't get rid of the feeling that every time you provide an update on the Typhoon project it entails some other unpleasent news. Maybe I'm reading too much into this statement, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but if you aren't able to confirm specifics before the end of the year it reads a bit like, don't expect a release much earlier than maybe the 2nd quarter of 2016.

For the moment the only A2G that we are looking at is the Paveway II's, with a litening pod for designation but this is only theory crafting at the moment and no integration has taken place. Further discussion internally is required before a decision is made to integrate it or not, thereby making the Tiffie either the F2 or the FGR4 Block 5.

Pman

Just to put it into the correct context is the team really considering an F.2 if you can't get the PW II and LDP implemented? Or does it only imply we'll get an AA Typhoon only but up to the block 5 standard (as agreed with the authorities)? I ask because a F.2 would be block 2/2B IOC standard that lacks quite a lot of features such as PIRATE, HEA and a lot other capabilities, other than A/S only. And yes I have understood that you haven't decided on it yet, but is it really considered to go that route or am I taking it a bit to accurate here as far as the nomenclature is concerned?

Thanks and kind regards!

Spectre

Thanks for the update Pman, though I can't get rid of the feeling that every time you provide an update on the Typhoon project it entails some other unpleasent news. Maybe I'm reading too much into this statement, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but if you aren't able to confirm specifics before the end of the year it reads a bit like, don't expect a release much earlier than maybe the 2nd quarter of 2016.

Just to put it into the correct context is the team really considering an F.2 if you can't get the PW II and LDP implemented? Or does it only imply we'll get an AA Typhoon only but up to the block 5 standard (as agreed with the authorities)? I ask because a F.2 would be block 2/2B IOC standard that lacks quite a lot of features such as PIRATE, HEA and a lot other capabilities, other than A/S only. And yes I have understood that you haven't decided on it yet, but is it really considered to go that route or am I taking it a bit to accurate here as far as the nomenclature is concerned?

Thanks and kind regards!

Spectre

You're going one step further them my comment above had intended hehe

When you say FGR4 to people they automatically google it and get Paveway IV's and all kinds of other things.

If we do Not go ahead with Paveway II's (Which I dont think will be the case but no committal) then we will continue with the B5 but the A2G component will be all but non existent. You'll get an B5 up to A2A as you suspect.

Pman

You're going one step further them my comment above had intended hehe

When you say FGR4 to people they automatically google it and get Paveway IV's and all kinds of other things.

If we do Not go ahead with Paveway II's (Which I dont think will be the case but no committal) then we will continue with the B5 but the A2G component will be all but non existent. You'll get an B5 up to A2A as you suspect.

Pman

:D I hoped that you would mean just that, Block 5 minus A/S. Perfectly fine for me for the beginning at least. I just hope you guys will be able to evolve the Typhoon over time adding the A/S stuff and possibly progress with a more sophisticated version at some time in the future. Of course I know that you can not say anything about this, so don't regard it as question waiting for an answer. ;)

Maybe one should start a dedicated Typhoon Block 5 thread to provide a brief description of the aircraft and its weapons, maybe it will stop the flood of repeated questions about all kind of weapons that aren't integrated on the Block 5.

Thanks Pman for the clarifications. I can live with that.

So let's hope we get the Paveway II out the door and good to hear it is the block 5... No PIRATE etc. would be harsh.

I was just afraid, to be limited to A2A only, which would be a shame for this versatile airframe.

Again, I think we can be very happy to see a DCS level Block 5 Typhoon, at all.

It is a magnificent and very unique aircraft

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Where are the render pic? I'm here every Day and the hope is to find some pics, what do u think how muw time will you guys need for that? :photo:

I didn't get the 3D model from the mesh artist before I left for vacation.

I'm back on Tuesday 30th June and hope to get it from him then.

I'll then do some renders :)

Chris

Personally, I'm happy the focus is A2A that's where I think that's where the need in DCS is, they're are more then enough planes that you can get your A2G fix on, I want a fighter to take on the F-15s, F-18s, F-14s, Su-27/33s, Mig-21s, Mig-29s, and Mirage 2000s with, that being said more A2G features in the future would be a nice prospect. But First and Foremost I want a fighter! :pilotfly:

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

For those unpatient, a WIP 3-D cockpit fully rendered and texture. Only the switch and display functions are missing.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/defence/10508091/Amazing-360-degree-look-inside-Britains-newest-Typhoon-fighter.html

P.S. Excuse my sarcasm!:music_whistling:

Wow a fully working ground crew and ground power unit too! :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

Well just think in a few years time when the RAF finally get the fully capable expanded Multi Role aircraft, DCS can dust off the Tiffy and upgrade the sensors and weapons package and relase a DLC update as far as they can!

Just like real life, block capability upgrades - adds to the realism!

Well just think in a few years time when the RAF finally get the fully capable expanded Multi Role aircraft, DCS can dust off the Tiffy and upgrade the sensors and weapons package and relase a DLC update as far as they can!

Just like real life, block capability upgrades - adds to the realism!

Hahahaha - yes, this. It's a feature :music_whistling:

Stop right there - I cracked it, what is this Shadowsword, never heard of it, sounds awesome, google - Warhammer.....

:doh: Storm Shadow!!!

Bit of a War Hammer fan are we?

haha

That message was typed on my phone, bloody auto correct hahaa

But yes I was, about 10 years ago haha

Pman

Guest deeplodokus

you mention a military version and a public version of the typhoon. don't the RAF and other armies that use the typhoon have a proper simulator already? if no, i'd be very surprised; if yes then what's the point of making a DCS simulator for the armies if they already have a proper simulator?

thanks.

I don't think you'll get much of an answer. There is no way it is any of our concern what military contracts may be entered into, or what the MoD et al have in the way of systems simulators.

All you need to know is that civilian contractors make the aircraft, and also the training facilities associated with them.

All those civilian contractors are subject to NDAs, and are signatories of the Official Secrets Act. Enough said?

Guest deeplodokus

so why is it mentioned in the first post that there's a military and a public version? a big teaser to then say "oh we won't say more"

so why is it mentioned in the first post that there's a military and a public version? a big teaser to then say "oh we won't say more"

because its important to acknowledge that we havent omitted some systems and features but we have to work with our partners in these things.

Its not just a case of we will do it and to hell with the consequences for us

Pman

Guest deeplodokus

pman, do you confirm what neilwillis was saying, i.e. that you won't give any details about a possible military version of typhoon on DCS? e.g. why would armies be interested in a DCS simulator when they probably already have a simulator that would be incredibly better than DCS could ever be?

no worries if you can't say a word, i'm just trying to understand what the "situation" is