FAQ: VEAO Typhoon for DCS World

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Paveway I-IV are guidance kits, you can fit them to different kinds of bombs of different weight.

Paveway IV is only for the 500lb Mk 82 general purpose bomb, or penetration versions of same.

It is interesting that it seems to be designed to replace the 2000lb Paveway II, and has inertial, laser, and GPS guidance, with high penetration & air burst capability.

Pretty sure the Tiffy isn't using them just yet though.

• 1 month later...

Rate of progress

Hey guys, I just want to know with the current rate of progress if development, can you give an approximation as to when the plane will be released.

I am super excited for this plane and i will get it in a heartbeat for sure..

Cheers,

PrototypeBayu8 :):)

If in doubt, full afterburner...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey guys, I just want to know with the current rate of progress if development, can you give an approximation as to when the plane will be released.

Answer: Approximate time is sometime between now and the heat death of the univerise :)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2815536&postcount=28

We will not give provisional dates until agreed with TFC

From this thread (asking for updates):

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=167683&page=3

can you already tell us if you wil/canl integrate Rafael Litening 3 laser designator pod (LDP) or some similar pod?

The Typhoon T1B5 cannot carry the LITENING pod.:)

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Im pretty sure some wally will make a mod so you can hahaha :megalol:

Mods are great in general, but sometimes I really wish they wouldn't exist :music_whistling:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I doubt some one will “mod“ a TGP into the protected binaries of the cockpit instruments (Displays, HMSS, etc.)...

So you may see a different “TGP pod“ on the wing, but functionality, range, symbols...?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

are you sure? wasn't the tranch 1 block 5 typhoons modded by CP-193 with that capability? Paveway 2 and a LDP?

Change Proposal 193 (CP-193)

In 2006 the RAF had Tornado GR4s deployed to Iraq and Harriers deployed to Afghanistan both providing close air support to troops on the ground. The RAF needed Typhoon to have an air-to-ground capability. In July 2006, under CP-193, an “austere” air-to-ground capability was rapidly developed and deployed to Trance 1 Block 5 Typhoons. The austere capability provided integration of Litening III Laser Designator Pod and laser guide munitions in the form of Paveway II / Enhanced Paveway II. The RAF changed the designation of these Typhoons from F2 to FGR4 to denote the ground attack and recon role as well as the fighter role.

Emphasis mine.

This created a strange situation where Tranche 1 Block 5 aircraft had both air-to-air and limited air-to-ground capability whilst newer Tranche 2 Block 8 aircraft with over 400 improvements over Tranche 1 aircraft had only an air-to-air capability.

http://www.fast-air.co.uk/typhoon-block-tranche-summary/

I don't know how reliable it is, but that's what I came up with.

That is correct, although the T1B5 did not have A2G capability when they entered service it was added post deployment.

Integration is still being discusse internally and no work has been done on any integration of a Litening pod yet, my gut instinct is that we will not do it, but that may change.

Pman

That is correct, although the T1B5 did not have A2G capability when they entered service it was added post deployment.

Integration is still being discusse internally and no work has been done on any integration of a Litening pod yet, my gut instinct is that we will not do it, but that may change.

Pman

Maybe you chaps don't burden yourself with this for the initial throw and look after it post release, just as it happened with the real aircraft. It may ease tje effort a bit. It's certainly more desirable to have a relative stable initial package that you can build on, rather than a overblown package loaded with bugs, albeit bugs are proably unavoidable.

Just my 2ct

Maybe you chaps don't burden yourself with this for the initial throw and look after it post release, just as it happened with the real aircraft. It may ease tje effort a bit. It's certainly more desirable to have a relative stable initial package that you can build on, rather than a overblown package loaded with bugs, albeit bugs are proably unavoidable.

Just my 2ct

i can't realy back this .. yes it would be ok if they do a early release without but later they realy should add this capability .. even if they just add a "unrealistic" version with a non accurate symbology .. but comparable abilities which you can activate via a option.

i can't realy back this .. yes it would be ok if they do a early release without but later they realy should add this capability .. even if they just add a "unrealistic" version with a non accurate symbology .. but comparable abilities which you can activate via a option.

Whoaaahh don't let the "realism" boys hear you say this...go wash your mouth out with soap!! :pilotfly: