DRAGONs TRAININGPACK

After several questions about the latest Modman version for DCS:WH, I added the download link into the first posting.

... and here again:

http://www.lockonfiles.com/index.php/files/file/1804-modman-7-a-10c-patch-for-11xx/

• Like 1

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday a squadron member and me was testing the JTAC in Multiplayer.

The radio menu mostly is working fine. Sometimes the JTAC woun't answer and sometimes the client can't see the JTACs in the radio menu. But most times it was working.

Sadly the Client gets no data from the JTAC. No red little triangle in the TAD. :(

But you get the UTM coordinates of the targets and you are able to add this coordinates to the CDU for a waypoint.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=68894

So JTAC is possible in the Multiplayer!

Yesterday I started to create a new Training mission for JTACs.

Stay tuned for V1.1

Version 1.1 released

Change log:

- Added new missions "JTAC Training" and "JTAC Training @ Night". (Please read the Side node in the briefing!!)

- Fixed some little isues in the "Weapon Training" missions.

• Like 1

Version V1.2 released

Change log:

- Fixed isue in JTAC mission ("Darknight" was reporting a group of the wrong target area)

- Added mission options (no immortal, no game flight mode...)

• Like 1

Thanks Dragon.

Asus ROG Maximus X HERO | I7 8700k @ 5.1Ghz | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4-3200 | Samsung 960 PRO m2 1TB | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Strix OC Gaming 11G

Tagan TG900-BZ PipeRock 900W | Oculus Rift CV | TM Warthog #67074 | Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals | Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Thanks DRAGON. I will run a dedicated server with the JTAC missions this weekend.

(HJ)

I thought there was still the bug of JTACs only responding to the server host? (Haven't flown a lot with JTAC lately, sorry...)

Interested to try these out this weekend, Dragon... thanks!

I thought there was still the bug of JTACs only responding to the server host?

Yes and no...

The radio menu is working (mostly) also for the clients.

Sometimes the JTAC radio menus are not availeble for clients and sometimes the JATAC won't answer.

The major bug is that it is not possible to get the target data into your TAD! (red triangle)

This is not working for clients!

But you are able to use the UTM coordinates you get from the JTAC to create a waypoint and find the targets.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=68894

• Like 1

Thanks for this, Dragon, it's a very efficient way to refine one's weapons skills. I decided not to d/l Modman as I would have to register on the site but I was able to install it perfectly by making the necessary /Missions/ sub-directory in Windows.

2 questions/observations:

- The third bombing task is tough! I've been trying it with CBU-97s, coming in fast and low with 3/9 consent to release, which allows for a very shallow dive and fast approach from <2000ft. No luck. Maybe I should try coming in even lower and then popping up. I can't imagine I'd do any better with a high-alt approach. Either my skills are in need of improvement or this is LGB territory!

- You mentioned datalink problems with clients in MP. Certainly manual inputting of the given coordinates is one solution to this. But how is this problem affected by the NET settings for the hosts group, and how do you organise this in MP? Finally, it's worth pointing out that, in SP anyway, as soon as a wingman designates an SPI, it shows up in his flight members' TAD screen as a white "castle" icon, so if #2 finds and designates a target before flight lead does, lead can just superimpose his own SPI in the TAD over his buddy's. Does this work in MP?

Edited by Bahger

Hi Bahger,

To your firs question:

You mean the taget zone HARD? There are Tunguskas. This enemy you should not attack with CBUs.

A MAV or GBU-12 or GBU-38 is a better choice for this.

Stay above 17.000 ft altetude.

To your second question:

Sending a SPI is not working in MP yet. If you want to organise something in MP all guys should use the same TeamSpeak. Else a organisation is not working.

Thanks Dragon for you effort. You're helping us a lot.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI GT72 6QD Core i7 6700HQ 2.6GHz-3.5GHz - 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVidia GTX970M 3GB DDR5 - 256 GB M.2. SATA SSD + 1TB HDD 7200 RPM - 17.3" 1920 x 1080 Full-HD IPS Screen - Trackir 5 - HOTAS Warthog

Hard target group is an excellent test... I need to start learning threat ranges, etc, so I would know to attack from altitude. I tried to attack carefully with Mavericks, with limited success (2 splashes,) but eventually got too close to evade a second SA-19. Lots of entertainment to be had in these. Again, thanks!

I made some videos for JTAC Training.

Mission: DRAGONs JTAC Training (Waypoint 3 HARD)

- Startup

- Taxi

- Takeoff

- JTAC (HARD with Mavericks H)

- Landing

DRAGONs JTAC Training

-z8zPOtT6uo

Ik4U0SJnEGU

UExNtXFHToE

vtwbHzl4jCQ

• Like 2

Excellent Dragon, best video's by far as far as instructional for me learning JTAC, and in 1080p is fantastic. One question, how did you switch to the briefing page while in flight to check coord's? thanks alot for these great missions and video's, make more if possible they are great.

One question, how did you switch to the briefing page while in flight to check coord's?

Hi jessi,

press ESC :thumbup:

But notice: This is multiplayer!

Hi Dragon , thanks for your great training missions , i love it and i 've played it.,without problems but i have a question about jtac. I usualy insert coordinates creating a new waypoint and i always splash targets because the message for the target location appear only few times after "stand by data" .