Gori Valley

Slow frame rates? Hmmm. I run this here on an I7 with a gtx560ti. What settings did you have?

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Version 2014-08-21.112: more lag resolved

Fixes:

- I could resolve more lag by ungrouping the ground units.

It seems that ground unit groups take a lot of CPU power... By ungrouping them, my core seems to be only 80% occupied on average, even during battles, which reduces the lag significantly. Frame rates on my server are 30 fps.

- Now the group units are spawned from 14 different unit types for NATO, and 7 unit types for Russia. (Beside the units deployed by the helicopters).

- Extended the duration of the mission to 4 hours. 2 hours was too short to complete the missions.

- Note that i still need to make in the mission orchestration framework the mission 'awards'... This development is in progres and will be added soon.

Sven

[/TABLE]

Slow frame rates? Hmmm. I run this here on an I7 with a gtx560ti. What settings did you have?

I run an i5 overclocked to 3.8Ghz, 8Gb RAM, and a GTX660. I normally get about 50fps, with frames down to 35 in dense areas and 25fps in heavy smoke.

Here are my graphics settings:

graphicssettings8-14_zpsa321ef03.jpg

The other two clients use i5 processors with 8Gb RAM, though they have a 680 and 780 card respectively. We all use 3 monitors (though mine are used for MFDs, not additional FOV). I was hosting if that has any affect on frames.

Yep. Hosting while playing this game will give you very low fps. But you can join on my server now as a client. DCS Server Belgium

[/TABLE]

Version 2014-08-21.114

Fixes:

- Further reduction of lag.

- 4 hours of combat.

- Further balancing the ground forces between red and blue, to Ensure that the AI ground forces are balanced.

- Reduced the AI helicopter deployments to improve performance for the ground forces (and reduce lag).

Sven

[/TABLE]

Version 2014-08-22.118 - Stable

- Fixes:

- Lag is gone when i run it on my server.

- removed the dynamic spawing functions from mist, and no crashes on the server anymore. I run this solution more than 4 hours without one single crash!!!!

- Fixed SEAD planes.

- Reduced AI to even further improve performance.

Got noted that for troops transport missions, when further in the mission and the infantry died, you should not get a "menu option" for dead infantry to board... I will need to fix this.

Sven

[/TABLE]

Hi rivvern, when you host the mission, Let me know how it goes ok? Thanks in advance.

Sure. Will be hosting for our squadnight in 2-3 weeks. Let me know if you got any updated version.

EDIT: I noticed the briefing is a bit bugged. Maybe too long?

Ends with strange characters.

RED TASK:

# Type: Su-27
# Base: Mosdok, Frequency: 137.0
#   Human: RU Su-27 - Air Support East 1 / Callsign: 271 / Frequency 231.2
#   Human: RU Su-27 - Air Support East 2 / Callsign: 271 / Frequency 231.2
#   Artif: RU Su-27 - Air Support East AI / Callsign: 278 / Frequency 231.2
#   Artif: RU Su-27 - Air Support East AI / Callsign: 279 / Frequency 231.2
#   Mission: Guard the airspace east of Gori to block SEAD attacks and air defenses from Tbilisi.
#
###

### 360th Air Support Squadro�㨻椽

BLUE TASK:

* Type: F-15C
* Base: Tbilisi-Lochni, Frequency: 138.0
*   Human: US F-15C - Air Defense 1 / Callsign: Entfield 1-1
*   Human: US F-15C - Air Defense 2 / Callsign: Entfield 2-1
*   Artif: US F-15C - Air Support AI / Callsign: Entfield 9-1
*   Mission: Eliminate enemy all Russ�㨻椽

Edited by Rivvern

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are looking for Swedish members!

http://www.masterarms.se

• 1 month later...

Version 2014-10-20.120 - Stable

New Version:

Updated errors in the status board of the mission.

Download LINK: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/994298/

And... Finally... I ran this mission for 2 sequent days without a single crash ... The server stability has much been improved!

Thank you DCS!

kind regards,

Sven

Edited by FlightControl

[/TABLE]

Version 2014-10-22.128- New status reporting system

hi, just updated to version 2014.10.22.128

changes:

- improved status board system.

- each mission has a status now:

PENDING = mission awaiting a client

ONGOING = mission is played by a client

FAILED = mission has failed

- individual clients have their own briefing, explaining their role within the larger mission: CAP, CAS, ...

- Updated timings on vehicles

- Updated timines of AI air support

- updated the briefing pages (text)

Find download link on the first page of this thread.

You can find this mission on the server:

DCS Belgium Server by Flightcontrol

Sven

[/TABLE]

I am experiencing with this version a strange server behaviour. At unexpected times, the server seems to hang. I've put in extensive debug lines trying to identify the location of the issue, but cannot find it.

Strangely, the error only seems to occur when another client is logging into the mission. And these clients will have a fluent game, but

I am starting to expect that the error is a DCS bug. I am going to revert back to the 1.2.10 update 2, and see what happens running the mission on that version ...

Anybody else having these strange hang-up errors?

Find a detailed logging below:

02876.967 WARNING LOG: 10 duplicate message(s) skipped.
02876.967 INFO    SCRIPTING: do_scheduled_functions:begin
02877.008 WARNING LOG: 8 duplicate message(s) skipped.
02877.008 INFO    SCRIPTING: do_scheduled_functions:call function
02877.014 WARNING LOG: 9 duplicate message(s) skipped.
02877.014 INFO    SCRIPTING: do_scheduled_functions:begin
02877.031 WARNING LOG: 1 duplicate message(s) skipped.
02877.031 INFO    SCRIPTING: message.add:begin
02877.031 INFO    SCRIPTING: message.add:step1
02877.031 INFO    SCRIPTING: message.add:return3
02877.037 INFO    SCRIPTING: SpawnTrack: New object : RU MI-26 Infantry Beta#026-001
02877.040 INFO    SCRIPTING: SpawnTrack: New object : RU MI-26 Infantry Beta#026-002
02877.043 INFO    SCRIPTING: SpawnTrack: New object : RU MI-26 Infantry Beta#026-003
02877.050 INFO    SCRIPTING: do_scheduled_functions:begin
02877.497 WARNING LOG: 38 duplicate message(s) skipped.
02877.497 INFO    SCRIPTING: do_scheduled_functions:call function
02877.497 INFO    SCRIPTING: mistdisplayV3(): begin
02877.497 INFO    SCRIPTING: mistdisplayV3(): step1
02877.497 INFO    SCRIPTING: mistdisplayV3(): step2
02877.497 INFO    SCRIPTING: mistdisplayV3(): end
02877.508 INFO    SCRIPTING: do_scheduled_functions:begin
03082.341 WARNING LOG: 16 duplicate message(s) skipped.
03082.341 INFO    NET: accepting connection from 84.99.132.5:58813
04693.066 INFO    NET: accepting connection from 92.140.138.15:50636
05428.894 INFO    NET: accepting connection from 81.247.114.252:49796
05513.132 INFO    NET: accepting connection from 81.247.114.252:49806
05856.744 INFO    NET: accepting connection from 81.247.114.252:49839

I'll keep looking further, but expect the DCS Belgium server to be UNSTABLE until further notice ... I need your help however trying to identify the issue by joining the game, so that i get logging.

Sv.

[/TABLE]

i ve found a belgian server for this mission. it was extremely heavy on frames, so that couldn't play

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Yep. I've run this mission for weeks without any problem. Since the last updates of DCS world, i am experiencing strange memory leak problems. I am working to find the root cause of the problem.

You won't notice this on your side, even when the error occurs.

What happens on the server is that it starts to hang, and i see the memory consumption of the DCS process increase with at least 10 megabytes per second... That causes the frame rate problems. This mission runs without any framerate problems normally.

Sorry for the inconvienience. I hope i can find the root cause of the issue.

sven

Edited by FlightControl

[/TABLE]

Server is back up and stable. I have reverted to DCS World version 1.2.10.32095 and have no issues seen so far! Anybody else having issues on their servers, revert to the version 1.2.10.32095 and validate again the stability.

[/TABLE]

i ve found a belgian server for this mission. it was extremely heavy on frames, so that couldn't play

Try again if you like. The Belgian server is back up and running. Problem is with the latest DCS world upgrades that caused the frame lags etc.

sv.

[/TABLE]

I've seen this mission a couple of times now running on some servers and I always joined because it looked really interesting from looking at the briefing but then there is a major drawback which prevents me from enjoying the mission: Hot starts. I really really don't like to start a mission in an already running aircraft so for me this is a reason to not play a mission even if it looks as good as yours. I understand that other users might prefer hot start but maybe you can make just some of the aircrafts cold start, so everyone can choose what he wants? Same thing with Anapa Airbase Invasion.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Ok. I'll put in cold starts. Now that is exactly the feedback I was looking for. I want to create a mixture of hot and cold starts. I should name the units and reflect within the scripting and conduct proper testing. So give it a couple of days...

Edited by FlightControl

[/TABLE]

Thanks a lot! Looking forward to try these promising missions :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thanks a lot! Looking forward to try these promising missions :)

OKAY. GORI VALLEY HAS BEEN UPDATED...

Each player can select out of 4 clients of each unit type. Each 4 client has 2 HOT and 2 RAMP (=COLD) clients.

Did also many other updates on the mission, like the briefing pages and the waypoint allocations. Now for the SA-6 and Patriot attacks, the targets can be found at WP 2 to 4.

Let me know if all works well...

*** GORI VALLEY *** DCS WORLD 1.2.10 *** A MULTI PLAYER MISSION CONTAINING 8 TASK FORCES! ***

CCCP:

1. Primary: Eliminate NATO Patriot installations

2. Tactical: Rescue Russian general

3. Operational: Deliver package to a secret location

4. Operational: Deploy Russian infantry in the battle zone

NATO:

1. Primary: Destroy 3 SA-6 Sites

2. Tactical: Rescue secret agent

3. Operational: Sling load cargo to Gori

4. Operational: Deploy NATO infantry in the battle zone

### RED COALITION BRIEFING ###

### Primary Task Force: Eliminate NATO Patriot installations

#

# Task: CAS / WPT 1: Positioning / WPT 2 to 4: Patriot Battery 1 to 3 / WPT 5: Landing

# 4x RU KA-50 Patriot Attack at Tskinvali (100th Frq. 126.1)

# 2x RU SU-25T Patriot Attack at Nalchik (230th)

#

# Task: SEAD / WPT 1: Positioning / WPT 2 to 4: Patriot Battery 1 to 3 / WPT 5: Landing

# 2x RU SU-25T Patriot Attack at Nalchik (230th)

#

# Task: CAP

# 4x RU SU-27 Air Defense West at Mozdok (270th)

# 4x RU MIG-29S Air Defense West at Nalchik (910th)

### Tactical Task Force: Rescue Russian general

#

# Task: Transport

# 4x RU MI-8MTV2 Rescue General at Tskinvali (630)

### Operational Task Force: Deliver package to a secret location

#

# Task: CAP

# 4x KA-50 Deliver Package from Tskinvali (830th)

### Operational Task Force: Deploy Russian infantry in the battle zone

#

# Task: Transport

# 4x RU MI-8MTV2 Depoy Troops from Tskinvali (620th)

*** BLUE COALITION BRIEFING ***

*** Primary Task Force: Destroy 3 SA-6 Sites

* Task: CAS / WPT 1: Positioning / WPT 2 to 4: SA-6 battery 1 to 3 / WPT 5: Landing

* 4x BE KA-50 Ground Defense at Kvarhiti (50th Colt 1-4 Frq. 128.1)

* AI BE KA-50 Ground Defense AI at Kvarhiti (50th Colt 9 Frq. 128.1)

* 4x US A-10C Ground Defense at Kutaisi (120th / Ford 1-4 Freq 254.1)

* 4x US A-10A Ground Defense at Soganlug (180th / Ford 5-8)

* Task: CAP / WPT 1: Direction to Gori / WPT 2 to 4: CAP Mountain Range / WPT 5: Land at Kutaisi

* 4x US F-15C Air Defense at Tbilisi (420th / Entfield 1-4)

*** Tactical Task Force: Rescue secret agent

* Task: Transport / WPT 4: Location of secret agent.

* 4x DE MI-8MVT2 Rescue Agent (560th / Uzi 5-8)

* Task: CAP

* 4x KA-50 Air Support at Gori (60th Colt 5-8 Frq. 129.4)

*** Operational Task Forces: Sling load cargo to Gori. Missions "Fury" and "Hide"

* Task: Transport "Fury"

* 2x US UH-1H Sling Load (1&3) at Kvarhiti (450th Uzi 1-4 Frq. 251.3)

* Task: CAP "Fury"

* 2x KA-50 Air Support (1&3) at Gori (60th Colt 5-8 Frq. 129.4)

* Task: Transport "Hide"

* 2x US UH-1H Sling Load (2&4) at Kvarhiti (450th Uzi 1-4 Frq. 251.3)

* Task: CAP "Hide"

* 2x KA-50 Air Support (2&4) at Gori (60th Colt 5-8 Frq. 129.4)

*** Operational Task Force: Deploy NATO infantry in the battle zone

* Transport

* 4x US UH-1H Deploy Troops at Kvarhiti (480th Uzi 5-8 Frq. 253.4)

Have fun!

Sven

DCS Belgium Server by Flightcontrol is up.

Edited by FlightControl

[/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

New version with new features

A new version has been worked upon with new features...

- Changed the "troops" deployment missions to something more exciting: "Deployment of engineers to activate SAM sites!!!". This is fantastic... Load engineers on your helicopter, and fly them to your preferred SAM site. Once the engineers are deployed, the SAM site will become active. Nice part: you'll see the SAM site come alive as you are near it, and start shooting to air threats as you are nearby.

- Now you can select where to pickup or deploy units at your own preference.

- Optimzed the performance. Removed clutter of useless units to make the ground action more exciting.

---> Consequences ...

The Patriot and SA-6 sites will not be activated when the mission is started, which allows helicopters and planes to be much more effective against your ground forces.

Ensure that you activate the SAM sites as these will provide the required air defenses for your coalition, by executing one of the operational missions. So, the activation of a SAM site provides additional air defense at your own choice.

Sven

[/TABLE]

What a Great Mission Sven !!!

I joined a server last night with your mission, it might have been actually yours but the framerate was down at 10-15 so I had to disconnect. I blamed it on the rain.

Well, it was so thrilling and the Intro alone made me search for that mission, but as many good missions are somewhat private I never thought this piece of ART was out in the wild for everybody to use & share.

Well, I am DAMN WRONG with that as you were so kind to make this for all of us !

Deep Respect on your work and comradeship.

We all wanna fly great missions but only a few of us are actually capable to master the ME and Mist and all that what you need to make one.

You are one of those few that know how it works and have the drive to put in action, no words or blabla, no, a CLEAR: Here it is guys, download it and give me your honest feedback.

This is great, this is awesome !

I enjoyed your mission in the Su-25T on my own server last night with better fps and had tons of fun. The SEAD mission is really great and it got even better when I noticed " I AM FREAKIN NOT ALONE HERE " the bloddy sky is full with action and I finally have a mission that i can replay and replay as often as I want if all servers available have low players or not my taste of misssion. This is really great, the COOP part of it differs it from other missions where you somehow feel that something is missing when you play all by yourself.

Thanks and great Respect

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• 2 months later...

Version 2014.01.15.170 - Lots of new functions

Gents,

Lots of new functions added:

1. Scoring Engine...

- Hit an enemy: Score +1 point;

- Kill an enemy: Score +10 points;

- Hit a friendly: Penalty -5 points;

- Kill a friendly: Penalty -95 points;

- Change coalition: Penalty -50 points;

- Complete a Mission Target: +25 points;

- Complete a Mission totally: +100 points FOR EACH PLAYER WHO ACHIEVED A TASK IN THAT MISSION;

Show the scoring through the RADIO MENU (F10) -> Scoring

F1. Report all Player Scores

F2. Report current Player Log (not implemented yet)

Scores are tracked per player and stored in a database. I'll post the results on a regular basis on the forum at
or search the ED forums for the "Gori Valley" mission.

2. Mission briefing pages updated in the mission.

3. Bug fixes.

4. Troop pickups and deployments are now with random names.

5. Messages can be switched off through communications menu.

If anybody is interested to test with me, feel free to join the DCS Belgium Server

Sven

[/TABLE]

server time

Hello Sven, first and foremost, thank for spending so much effort into this, our beloved simulator and community deserve such quality work ^^

I wonder when your server is up ? i found it on friday (and talk to you briefly, about coming testing the mission with friends on wensday evenings), but when i wanted to test & fly it this week end, i never found it back.

i'd just like to know if you have regular session hosted or if it's a little "random" ? i'd like to train on good open server with descent ping :joystick:

I am currently working on proper documentation underlying this mission and have been reworking the code while documenting to improve quality areas.

Also, when I ran this mission, it seems not a lot of people are really interested in running a coop mission. People fly around a bit and then leave. Maybe I should join a squadron to have more interaction. Anyway, I'll start the server this evening.

[/TABLE]