Nvidia Graphics Profile for DCS World

What file are we supposed to point to in order to create a Graphics Profile for the Nvidia Control Panel? I used to modify my graphics setting in the Nvidia Control under a profile that was automatically found called Blackshark. This seemed to handle changes for both A-10C and Blackshark. After installing DCS World I notice that Cloud Flickering has returned. I thought I was done messing with this problem. Can someone at ED let us know what file we need to point the Nvidia Control Panel to in order to create a profile for DCS World.

Thanks,

Bugs

Edited by Gonzo01

That blackshark profile is hardcoded into the driver. It is based on DCS:BS 1.0 so all the compatibility settings and such may no longer apply. I suggest to get Nvidia inspector and remove the hard coded profile and make a new one pointing your DCS.exe located in C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin ( Win 7 x64, may be diff if you are using 32bit or XP) If you ever want to revert just use system restore if it doesn't work out or reinstall the driver since those are the only 2 ways to get the default profiles back once you delete them.

Nvidia isn't real keen on updating their driver profiles for patches or newer versions of games using updated graphics engines using the same .exe name.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

yes what he says...

Also that shadow flicker is actually the sun rays causing it, it's just the lighting effect isn't modeled in it.

It's an effect that is actually in the game, they just need to plug in the api for dx11 or 10 for DCS world, for it to be seen.

:thumbup: :pilotfly: :thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

yes what he says...

Also that shadow flicker is actually the sun rays causing it, it's just the lighting effect isn't modeled in it.

It's an effect that is actually in the game, they just need to plug in the api for dx11 or 10 for DCS world, for it to be seen.

:thumbup: :pilotfly: :thumbup:

I tried creating a new profile by pointing to the DCS World exe, but it did not seem to have any affect on the graphics settings. The cloud Flicker was a big problem that was brought on when using two video cards in SLI mode. I was able to get rid it in A-10C last year when I did a reinstall on DCS, but I can't seem to get rid of it in DCS World using the P-51.

Bugs

Edited by Gonzo01