DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

Wags

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad ED has finally got to work on the sky. But some of you sure are easily impressed :)

EDIT: (Cliffs of Dover with Team Fusion patches, unknown version)

Screenshot2477_zps58754ddb.png

http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s497/MusseMus77/Screenshot1081_zpsc1d3b595.png

http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s497/MusseMus77/Screenshot30511_zps0d4abea3.png

Edited by Bucic

The clouds are amazing. I can see myself flying around them just for the heck of it!

Win8: I've been using it on my Surface Pro tablet since Feb and I just don't understand the negative vibes towards it. IMO it's just a better Win7...

Edited by chaos

"It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage..."

I hope people like the ones responsible for the wingtip and smoke effects have the most saying in the dev-t of the EDGE. I forgot one of the guys nickname again but you can clearly see that he's after something that replicates real-life effect, not after just an effect or, excusemah, an eye-candy. That said I hope the non-DCS-looking skyboxes are from higher revisions and are to stay/indicate the direction of development.

BTW, I've edited my previous post to include the source of the screenshot.

Edited by Bucic

That day will never come ... since 8.1 is about to be released (with DirectX 11.2) :D

Not that it's causing any problems whatsoever running DCS on 8.0... don't expect 8.1 will change that either. What part of the crappy new not-called-metro-anymore interface do you use when playing DCS that causes it to be a problem?

Oh look an icon for DCS World. Click. I'm in the game. What OS am I using again? Right. Who cares.

Not that it's causing any problems whatsoever running DCS on 8.0... don't expect 8.1 will change that either. What part of the crappy new not-called-metro-anymore interface do you use when playing DCS that causes it to be a problem?

Oh look an icon for DCS World. Click. I'm in the game. What OS am I using again? Right. Who cares.

I like to be in control of my op-sys .. not controlled by it, by shiny squares and idiotic interface! :mad:

I don't 'just click an icon' I control my Win 7 as I want it! Same with my phone, custom op-sys, perfected for my needs, and modified by me, not any crap at all left on it.

But lets not derail this thread with operating system whining!

is this a typo, since dx 11 is supported by win7 or did i just understand it wrong?

DirectX 11 is Windows 7+

DirectX 11.2 is Windows 8 only, not sure if that's what he means.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

"This Content is Currently Unavailable."

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Cliffs of Dover with Team Fusion patches

That actually looks like a photo... I may have to give clod another go if that is the stage it is at!!

Awesome to be getting more updates on EDGE also, must be close now. :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]