KNEEBOARD Export for 'multimonitorsetup.lua' in all modules - DCS 1.2.4

works weel Peter. Nice work m8 ;)

Simulatori: DCS A-10C II Warthog - DCS F/A-18C Hornet - DCS F-16C - VRS F/A-18E - 
HOTAS: TM Warthog - Cougar \ HP Reverb G2 \ WinWing Panels

Tally: I see the degenerate commie who wants to ruin our day.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK - I had this week no time for additional testing the 'A-10C Hot-fix' , so I will take your word and put out the (almost ;)) Final version up within the next 48 hours.

(...still working on the click-function )

- In the meantime - here is some 'advert' , showcasing the optional in-cockpit Knee-board.

Here is some commenting 'bla-bla' to all that are not used to the knee-board concept similar to that the P-51D is using:

you will be able to show/hide it any time by your own will and zooming it in will allow you to read every tiny dot of your charts. You will also get a place-Holder for your own info that is bound only to the used module so you can take any useful/un-useful info with you regardless of the pre-sets or what the mission-maker had in mind.

(right now occupied by my forum-avatar)

And I will convert the default charts (...Eagle DynamicsDCS WorldBazarTerrainKneeboard...) into *.dds format with mipmaps - so they dont 'shimmer' when viewed from an angled position.

...and yes, I will also add a easy to follow instruction how to place it anywhere you want it inside the cockpit if my positioning doesn't suits you in your preferred vehicle...

:)

Edited by PeterP
  • Like 1

The release of the totally reworked Mod is very near and will happen 100% within some hours...

Right now finalizing the Documentations so there are (almost) no questions left ;).

Some WIP:

Screen_130614_133354_zpsafe6d74f.jpg

Screen_130614_135203_zps1d9e86f9.jpg

And a new colour pattern for the Flightplan:

Screen_130614_141215_zpsec80d8c5.jpg

Screen_130614_154023_zps8c9c6d7a.jpg

Edited by PeterP

PeterP this is looking awesome can't wait to get it in and try it out I sit and wait in anticipation of the final finished mod not rushing you Peter take your time I have the patience of Jobe

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

PeterP this is looking awesome can't wait to get it in and try it out I sit and wait in anticipation of the final finished mod not rushing you Peter take your time I have the patience of Jobe

Finished the Documentation and

Right now putting all files together for Zipping it.

justalittle_zps942a8842.jpg

Than I will install this mod on fresh DCS 1.2.4 and make a quick test in each cockpit.

When everything works well (and I'm very confident that it does) I will upload it in Post#1 within the next two hours.

Peter is this up now only I have been away from my station pit building whilst I awaited your upload.

System Spec.

Revisit post #1 :

KNEEBORD_Tablet_Mod_PP_for DCSWORLD_1.2.4.rar

is up!

... the documentation is very hasty written - if you find some typos - you can keep them ;) (I will revisit it at a later time)

-but please notice me about any logical failure or bug.

Known bugs: Kneeboard 'peek' function is reversed when in "in-cockpit" mode - you have to use the show/hide key/button press.

Edited by PeterP
  • Like 1

Peter,

This is awesome love it although I have only tried out UH1 and none of the others yet but I can confirm that the Huey version is in a perfect position now before it was over my centre console but now its spot on right where my knee would be.

Love it Peter you are the mod man genius.

System Spec.

And there I was going to give you some rep but apparently I need to spread it around before giving you anymore sorry LOL.

System Spec.

Finished the Documentation and

Right now putting all files together for Zipping it.

justalittle_zps942a8842.jpg

Than I will install this mod on fresh DCS 1.2.4 and make a quick test in each cockpit.

When everything works well (and I'm very confident that it does) I will upload it in Post#1 within the next two hours.

Peter. when I click on the link on page 1, I'm taken to some download site and when I click on the download, and the download is finished, the zip file looks nothing like the above. The knee board files are not there, but a bunch of loose files are. In addition, it tries to get me to download some tool bar I don't want. Do you have somewhere else we can download from. Additionally, my firefox warns me about the site.:helpsmilie:

Kirk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Peter. when I click on the link on page 1, I'm taken to some download site and when I click on the download, and the download is finished, the zip file looks nothing like the above. The knee board files are not there, but a bunch of loose files are. In addition, it tries to get me to download some tool bar I don't want. Do you have somewhere else we can download from. Additionally, my firefox warns me about the site.helpsmilie.gif

don't worry - my files are OK (and they differ from the screen-shot just a little because I made some changes in-between)-

but

(I don't say that I'm free form failure! - If I do... - well , this can be some sort of failure...;))

it seems that you have some advert male-ware that takes you to some"funny places " if you trigger some cookies.

- to be more clear:

Whatever happens at your system: it's not my fault and the files are clean - you have a problem to fix on your side.

EDIT:

Just rechecked the files and now I saw that up to now 87 people downloaded it 100% - I would expect more reports like yours if there would be really something wrong.

Edited by PeterP

Peter. when I click on the link on page 1, I'm taken to some download site and when I click on the download, and the download is finished, the zip file looks nothing like the above. The knee board files are not there, but a bunch of loose files are. In addition, it tries to get me to download some tool bar I don't want. Do you have somewhere else we can download from. Additionally, my firefox warns me about the site.:helpsmilie:

Nothing wrong with it you need to click on the green box which is contained within the black rectangle all of the others will download garbage which you don't want, this is not Peters fault its the way that site works.

Peter maybe worth pasting a picture here highlighting the correct box for those that are unsure just so you don't keep getting asked this sort of thing.

System Spec.

If you need some reports about your mod this is mine.

It works like a charm. People only need to read carefully the instructions inside rar file BEFORE doing anything, and after reading, do only what the instructions tell to do step by step.

After the instalation, i was checking the kneeboard default position, size and resolution and simply it´s perfect the way it is.

Maybe someone will change it to they own taste. The posibility to insert in a mission some image files only for that is great, and having a common file storer and a specific one for every module is another great solution.

Thanks for this great mod. A must have for me and my squad mates.

• Like 1

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Thank you!

The posibility to insert in a mission some image files only for that is great, and having a common file storer and a specific one for every module is another great solution.

To be correct and make things clear:

The possibility to put pages in your mission is functioning since P-51D , and don't needs this mod .

I 'just' rearranged the structure completely , so it doesn't get affected by a update and the user has a single directory for the charts.

And pulled this function over to the A-10C and Ka-50.

So: more than half of the Kudos has to go to the clever coders of ED !

... but as so often: There is a lack in communicating it to the users via a clear documentation ;).

So I simply put my 'instructions' right into the cockpit - so it gets very hard to miss this info.

Thanks for this great mod. A must have for me and my squad mates.

I just placed the info that a mod like this exists in the community-news to reach all Virtual Squadrons.

;) - see it as my input to save paper to smaller the global-warming and help you also to save some money for printing cartridges.

Edited by PeterP

Nothing wrong with it you need to click on the green box which is contained within the black rectangle all of the others will download garbage which you don't want, this is not Peters fault its the way that site works.

Peter maybe worth pasting a picture here highlighting the correct box for those that are unsure just so you don't keep getting asked this sort of thing.

I'm not the brightest bulb in the marque, and have tried everything I can think of, which isn't very much. I get the same zip file with all loose files not in any folders and have no idea which file would go into which folder even if I wanted to build this thing. So if someone would be so kind as to send me the files, I would appreciate it.:doh:

Kirk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@ All

I uploaded a slightly changed version of this mod (now 19 MB instead of 26 MB ) and I updated the FAQ in post #1 and you might want to read it!

Changes are:

- I converted all PNG imges to JPG in the "KNEEBOARD_MOD_PeterP\Common_Charts" folder - so its easy for you to convert them to DDS with mipmaps by using this tool > http://www.easy2convert.com/jpg2dds/ so you can lower the 'shimmering' at certain view angles/zoom levels.

- Added a empty "kneeboard_mask-EMPTY.dds" , so its easy for you to remove the Tablet border if you use the Kneeboard only as viewport and not in-cockpit.

Edited by PeterP