Flaming Cliffs

I need to vent. Ive been flying flight sims for 7 years and this is a joke..

After massive problems when most of us first got the game lock on, and im sure many like myself went and upgraded to a nice spec machine just to run the game, we all stuck with it and just waited for the makers of the game to get it fixed we are still here (JUST) , many of us have been excited waiting for flaming cliffs to arrive and it has ! what a disaster from what i hear the protection in the game starforce i belive its called, messes your pc up ? you can only activate the product you buy 5 times ! with all these problems it causes i for one will not be getting the game what a big let down..

Who was the bright spark who put this protection on the game ? 99% of us are onist gamers and buy the game ,why not a serial number ? we the many have to install all this crap becuase of the few ? i hope your sales of flaming cliffs do well but from what im hearing from many gamers is you totaly screwed this one up and everyone i know arnt going to buy it...

Love Fish.

Try to keep up, you get 15 activations now, and they wil give you more once you run out. StarForce messes up your PC? No problems here, been running starforce for a long time now and have noticed no change since.

You should really get your story straight before ranting in front of everyone.

Now if you do decide to get FC in the future and run into problems, come back and ask for help, the community have fixed alot of problems already, this is a good group of guys that hang out here and they dont mind helping out.

regards

merlin

Well how are you ty for your reply,

Merlin all im asking is to buy the game and play it i dont need anymore problems with this game , look around merlin see what is going on around you if you havant read all the problems this protection causes you must be living in the north pole or something ! the team i play with is one of the most respected out there and each one is a gentlman and will also do anything to help guys out in lock on which they have done many times, i have done my homework i dont think you have! in the uk we have the god given right to rant..

Fish.

Guest Karaya-1

Merlin, I have also used this protection and had nothing but problems fisherman is correct in what he is said. They need to look into this a bit more.

starforce i belive its called, messes your pc up ? you can only activate the product you buy 5 times !

Starforce does not mess up your PC.

Activate the game 5 (now 15?) times? True - some are having problems with activation issues but most are not having that problem and it seems like problems are being handled as the reaons become understood.

About 18 pages of posts in the forum since the game came out and most deal with actual game play. We read a lot more posts from people who "know" Starforce causes problems and wont buy the game than we've seen posts by people who actually bought the game and have problems that cant be solved.

Merlin isn't living closes to the North Pole and its likely you're probably closer than he is. Stop by Hyperlobby and look around - just recently 6 of 9 servers running were on 1.1. That should tell you something right there.

Starforce does not mess up your PC.

Activate the game 5 (now 15?) times? True - some are having problems with activation issues but most are not having that problem and it seems like problems are being handled as the reaons become understood.

About 18 pages of posts in the forum since the game came out and most deal with actual game play. We read a lot more posts from people who "know" Starforce causes problems and wont buy the game than we've seen posts by people who actually bought the game and have problems that cant be solved.

Merlin isn't living closes to the North Pole and its likely you're probably closer than he is. Stop by Hyperlobby and look around - just recently 6 of 9 servers running were on 1.1. That should tell you something right there.

Now this is what I call straight foward. Well said WR. :)

In facing your rants, what exactly can we offer?

You have not paid for it yet. And yet you have a sense you've been hurt and damaged. What sort of punishments would you want handed out?

Buying problems: In order to get FC to the West because Ubi does not want to distribute it, they had to create their own distribution system from scratch. They've not got it done correctly and also have been let down by outside systems making promises - both paypal and Starforce.

Punishments: for the last week they've gone without anyone able to buy FC since their Paypal account is closed, People not buying at all, People delaying until NaturalPoint and other retail outlets take their cut. Suggest more punishments.

The choices they made came with risks and costs, especially Starforce. But you, as a late-comer, haven't had any risks as yet. Keep an eye on things for your own safety and to reduce or eliminate your risks but don't expect us to cater to your emotional needs. We've taken our own risk with our own money. And as I fly around in my Su-25T with it's awesome state-of-the-art AFM and Fantasmagoria plinking SAM-15s from 15kms away, my risk has paid off good.

*** waggles wings in a beautiful sunlit sky ***

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

Yet again, someone makes an accurate post and he is "flamed" for it. Doesn't matter that he doesn't have the game yet, as he stated his rant is from his observations. And i'd have to agree with him. For the average person, i doubt they would have any idea about whats going on here with ED. The SF and paypal issues were just plain annoying; games aren't suppose to cause this much trouble. Critisism isn't a bad thing, hopefully ED will have learnt alot from this experience and make appropriate changes for their next title.

I couldnt agree more. Fisherman hit the nail on the head. Sometimes the truth hurts. Fanboi's just cant take it. I was one of those guys who loved lockon when it was released even though I had nforce chipset and was unable to play due to the NFORCE BUG i hung around hyperlobby and played the roll of technical support in helping people get up and running online. Finally after 1.01 i was able to fly and loved it up to the point I just got fed up with what it took to play online stable. Same goes for 1.02 I played it every night for quite sometime and then again got fed up with the lockups/warping and other bugs that plagued the sim.

I hate freegin starforce with a passion but im still on the ropes weather or not to take the chance of wrecking my newly bought windows xp media center addition to play a sim thats on its 3rd chance now to get it right. Actually it is killing me to hold of flying lockon 1.1. $35 is a non issue its the starforce that is holding this sim back now. Enough said.

You're ranting about problems you haven't had? Good one.

LOL!

I noticed that as well.

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

I couldnt agree more. Fisherman hit the nail on the head. Sometimes the truth hurts. Fanboi's just cant take it...... I.

So now if you are having non of the problems the anti-starforce lobby are wailing about and say so publically you're a "fanboi?"

I think a reality check is in order.

Sorry, but if all that's been posted about Starforce was true this forum, the LOMAC forum over on Ubi's site and the SH3 forums would be full to bursting with complaints about copy protection problems. The fact is that non of them are. Most posts relate to either gameplay or game related bugs. The noticable thing is that, on the whole, any Starforce related threads are being kept alive by a small minority that were extremely vocal about the Starforce issue before release.

And, no offence Fisherman, but knowing what forums are like I can be very cynical at times, a first time poster ranting about old topics that have either been resolved or proved to be much smaller problems than first feared smacks of someone opening a new account for the purposes of trolling the forums.

Fisherman: If this is not the case you have my apologies.

I need to vent. Ive been flying flight sims for 7 years and this is a joke..

Your story is a joke! FC is curently the best modern combat flight simulators for PC!

FC has a lots of bugs, however vast majority of the game is done just right and beyond my expectations! Nobudy in the whole world is able to do what Eagle Dynamics is doing at the moment.

So, if you don't like it, that's your problem. And please you should refrain of taking this space for pointless discussions!

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Yet again, someone makes an accurate post and he is "flamed" for it.

Have you noticed how he started his post? He said "I NEED TO VENT"! Well, he could as well go outside his leaving room and screem for few minutes. That would "vent" him really well!

Nobudy here denies that FC has some problems. Nobudy claims FC is a perfect PC modern combat flight simulator. However, just because fishermen "thinks" Star Force is a problem, he should not be VENTING himself on this forum.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I couldnt agree more. Fisherman hit the nail on the head. Sometimes the truth hurts. Fanboi's just cant take it.

Yes the TRUTH hurts. However, let us look at the FACTS and have people DECIDE what the truth is! The fact is FC is currently the best (best graphics, best flight models, best radar modeling ...) modern combat flight simulator for PC on the market. The fact is Star Force is not causing problems to majority of the customers! The fact is FC has some inherent and some new bugs. The fact is that Su-25T has most advanced flight model of all PC modern combat flight simulators ever created. And etc ...

so, insted of putting your opinion on what the truth is, please, let us deal with FACTS!

And don't waste your time on replying to me because I will not spend any more time on this sensless discussion.

Best regards,

So now if you are having non of the problems the anti-starforce lobby are wailing about and say so publically you're a "fanboi?"

I think a reality check is in order.

Sorry, but if all that's been posted about Starforce was true this forum, the LOMAC forum over on Ubi's site and the SH3 forums would be full to bursting with complaints about copy protection problems. The fact is that non of them are. Most posts relate to either gameplay or game related bugs. The noticable thing is that, on the whole, any Starforce related threads are being kept alive by a small minority that were extremely vocal about the Starforce issue before release.

And, no offence Fisherman, but knowing what forums are like I can be very cynical at times, a first time poster ranting about old topics that have either been resolved or proved to be much smaller problems than first feared smacks of someone opening a new account for the purposes of trolling the forums.

Fisherman: If this is not the case you have my apologies.

The NINE pages about problems on silent hunter 3 dont constitute a problem? I would check the support forum sticky if I were you. And I have had my problems with starforce as well. Disabling my dvd burner ect ect. When the problems hit home you will then be eating your words. Till then enjoy it while its good.

closed.

reason - un-useful for members and lack of anything constuctive.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]