Altitude! Altitude! Oh shut up!

Marky3254

Is there a way of shutting up that woman who keeps shrieking Altitude! Altitude! all the flipping time at full volume compared to the rest? I don't mind the Pull up! Pull up! sound because it's useful waning. I guess I can cancel the A10_VMU_Altitude file... Is this the only way to shut her up?

Page 254 in the manual

Altitude Alert (ALT ALRT). Depressing the Altitude Alert (ALT ALRT) button on the up front controls (UFC) displays the current AGL Altitude Alert Value in the HUD. Subsequent depressions cycle through the MSL Altitude Alert Value and MSL Ceiling Alert Value. A fourth depression exits this function. While a value is displayed in the HUD, it can be adjusted using the DATA rocker switch or by entering a value in the scratchpad and depressing the ENT button.
:book:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I just noticed I have never used this in the A-10C :D

I wanted to explain how to do this out of my head first, but then I noticed that I've never done this in the A-10C and what I have in my head is how you to do it in the F-16. So I checked the manual (because that's what it is there for ;)) and found it :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Don't shut her up, she's just trying to tell you that she cares and doesn't want you to become a fireball.

Try changing the min AGL altitude to something that will actually require you to jump off your seat and adjust your flight path. For example, if you're planning to fly at 500AGL, set it to 300AGL. Lesson here is not to become complacent and ignore the warnings, thay are there to tell you that you need to correct!

Is there a way of shutting up that woman who keeps shrieking Altitude! Altitude! all the flipping time at full volume compared to the rest?...I like to fly low Kimi and hate naggy women....

Anyway with a bit of mucking about the Altitude Alert Values thingy has done the trick. Cheers. When I'm playing with myself at night now it should be quieter...

ROTFLMAO!!!

Yeah we call her "Bitching Betty" for a reason...if you fly low level without her, I forsee many cashes in your future.

Your choice of words is very likely to get yourself in lots of trouble with women. Just sayin :music_whistling:

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

I like to fly low Kimi and hate naggy women. I think If I can't see I'm 20ft off the ground I shouldn't be flying a multi-million £ aircraft... :)

OR you could fly it the way it's supposed to be flown and not like a war thunder plane? :) :thumbup::music_whistling:

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

OR you could fly it the way it's supposed to be flown and not like a war thunder plane? :) :thumbup::music_whistling:

It isn't lawn mowing if you haven't got a prop to cut the grass with ;).

IMO the only time you should be flying the A-10 low enough to make Betty shout at you is when you're too focused on other things (like that incoming SA-15 :eek:) for her to annoy you.

I got a lot to learn Hansolo, only brought the A-10C the other day...

Nice Sir. Then you are in for a treat but in the right part the forum to get some questions answered. I have been flying it for several years and still learn new stuff ;)

Cheers

Hans

Not directly related to OP but the ALT ALERT can also be used to keep your altitude block when scanning for targets, FLOOR and CEILING. Here Betty doesn't shout that but merely a 'ceailing' or floor' comment.

Cheers

Hans

Oh, I haven't noticed that this is possible. That's actually pretty useful, thanks :thumbup:

Tornado3 small.jpg