VR in the A10C - cockpit scale

AstroEma

Hi all,

not sure if this has been brought up again, but noticed that in VR the cockpit of the A10C - or at least some elements of it - are gigantic.

One example is the HUD and its frame. Way too big to be realistic.

Anyone else noticed ?

Cheers,

e

Kaby Lake @ 4.6Ghz - Gigabyte Z170-D3H - 16Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 OC - Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD - Seagate 1 Tb HDD - HTC Vive - Rift CV1

Feels about right to me. But, when I first got into the VR side of the A-10C everything seemed huge. I think its just because I had gotten so used to having an undersized HUD, at an unrealistically-long viewing distance on the screen, with the screen a couple of feet away. In VR we're getting a more realistic sense of scale I think. I spend a lot of time in cockpits every day, just not in the A-10, but it feels about right compared to those.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

I didn't notice that too much, however what I did notice was how hard it was to read the gauges. Since I am still learning, I had to switch back to TrackIr, even though I loved the depth and immersion with the rift, I was having too hard of a time reading the HUD.