New screenies of FC3

YoYo

So i see more people's on forum who playing in kid game's like flaming cliffs. Only real man flying in realistics planes like A-10 ... noob's :]

You play a video game and you think its makes you a man? Nerd.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

US Air Force Retired, 1C371

No rank or title will ever be as important as the unit patch you wear.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Gents let's all simmer down please.

The next 1.2 infringement will see the thread closed down.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Paraglider, what you need to be an effective warfighter is not buttons to press, it is an ability to understand your environment.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Yeah, startup with K-50 - 3 min. startup with f-15 30 sec. few spAMRAMs and another startup with K-50... I been shoot many times right after take of by those "kids" and i know the pain :cry: then i know what realism is when FC is mixed with DCS - There's no realism...

Sounds like you've been shot down on your own accord mate. Startup time has nothing to do with realism in the grand scheme of things. It doesn't reduce your chances of being shot down. If you're in a KA-50 and not flying highly tactically then you're a sitting duck against an F15 *flown by a "kid" or not*...taking off from a capped airfield isn't "realistic"...neither is flying a KA-50 without a friendly CAP in the area.

Anyway to me your point is null and void...so have at another perhaps?

By the way I've flown with some pretty amazing "kids". I've also flown in servers (DCS A-10 AND KA-50 servers BEFORE DCS WORLD and FC2) where these so called "kids" would make strafing runs on friendly airports making it impossible to startup. I actually don't think they are kids, I think they are behaving at what an elitist sim enthusiast expects all kids to behave, but is usually far from the truth.

Yeah I'm sorry for your negative experience, but Flamming Cliffs brings human fighter cover to the KA-50...that's far more realistic than not.:pilotfly:

Paraglider, what you need to be an effective warfighter is not buttons to press, it is an ability to understand your environment.

Realistic system and avionics, realistic flight model? It's my opinion ;)

EDIT: I don't call nobody "Kid" only quote

Edited by Miro
  • Like 2

:pilotfly:

In regard to the F-15 specifically, most of the meaningful controls aren't on the panel, but on the flight stick and throttle. Its designed to be operated HOTAS as much as possible. As it stands currently DCS is ground pounding, FC is more air superiority. Clicky cockpits are near meaningless for the fighters beyond startup, takeoff, and landing. The bombers are slow. If it took 3mins to start-up the F-15, you'd get exactly 2mins & 30secs of additional flight time, to still not reach the target area, and still be shot down just the same.

Counterquestion: what good is that "realistic flight model" if you don't understand the dynamics of a battlefield?

Infantry example: what is most important in the conduct of infantry warfare? Knowing exactly how the AK works and having an exact simulation of the gas-operation mechanism - or infantry combat tactics?

You'll find that the guy that learned tactics will live longer than the guy that obsessed about his rifle.

;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Actually, you will find that the flight models of the aircraft in FC are by and large mostly realistic. it is only when you start to encroach upon the outer limits of those flight models that you start to see things that aren't quite kosher. Of course, you are right, the systems and avionics are far from realistic. However the point you should consider is that any FC pilot who knows anything will tell you that realistic avionics and systems will increase the lethality of those birds by orders of magnitude, and not make them less lethal, as is popular opinion. I only wish that I could use all of the systems in my Eagle, but alas, it is not meant to be, at least not for now.

Edited by Pyroflash

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

So i see more people's on forum who playing in kid game's like flaming cliffs. Only real man flying in realistics planes like A-10 ... noob's :]

And Combined Arms is what to you? With your shallow view you must also see that as a kids game, unless you're here to troll.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

I don't believe this is an FC3 screen shot. I'll believe it when somebody from ED post it.

Hi, info for the waitings -

New, 10 screenies from upcoming Flaming Cliffs 3 (including VC):

Screen_120823_170818.jpg

The rest on : http://yoyosims.pl/ (in the last the news 2.10.12, click over thumbnail).

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

What i need ?? F-18 and awesome aircraft carrier ..than i will be better than not exist god :thumbup::music_whistling:

Edited by paraglider30

[sIGPIC]http://vlep.pl/u14oct.jpg[/sIGPIC]

PILOT: " B U R N E R "

Paraglider, final warning, start being respectful in your postings or cease posting.

Thankyou.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I don't believe this is an FC3 screen shot. I'll believe it when somebody from ED post it.

Any specific reason?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Any specific reason?

With the possibility of doctored pics going around, he is probably just being a cynic.

I mean, he is 4c right? That's like their internet job, to moderate everyone's joy. No, I kid, I kid. :P

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

Trust me, FC3 shot. So, 3D HUD too from mod of DCSW? ;)

ED knows too Ricardo stuff....

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Of course, you are right, the systems and avionics are far from realistic. However the point you should consider is that any FC pilot who knows anything will tell you that realistic avionics and systems will increase the lethality of those birds by orders of magnitude, and not make them less lethal, as is popular opinion. I only wish that I could use all of the systems in my Eagle, but alas, it is not meant to be, at least not for now.

I'm tempted to set up a LEAVU-permitted event server just for that purpose, should Yoda choose to update the scripting to be DCS/FC3 compliant. This would be backed, should the engine (and server hardware) be capable of handling a massive volume of Red Air, both player and AI controlled (predominantly MiG-23s on the latter, but some -29s and Su-27s at mission start already airborne to give the scenarios a more organic nature).

Reaching for a mouse, and then for a button, is not realistic. The process is devoid the building of muscle memory and is more dependent on sight than the action in the cockpit. Cockpit switchology, even off the HOTAS, is designed for control by feel, as opposed to look. Switches have distinct shapes, even within groupings, to make certain the pilot is confident in his choice with limited visual cue.

There's this idea that being "hard" is realistic. The cockpit (beginning in the US during the late 60s, and the USSR in the early 80's) is especially conceived to make the process of using the aircraft as a weapon system as easy as possible. The difficulty is the volume of information and options being fed to the pilot quite literally at speeds reaching that of light and sound- RWR detects and hands off visual and audio alerts in thousandths of a second. Radar detection is applied to the B-scope in the same time. TV/IR filtered visuals from camera equipment and weapons-based sensors are shown on MFDs in real time. And every bit of this information is inundating the pilot, fighting to take precedence in his mental decision making space.

That's the point of HOTAS, and of which every one of the A2A birds in LO/FC contends with. It puts the decision-making in the palm of his hand. Target bug and lock. IFF. NCTR. Weapon selection. Radar mode selection. Target reject. Comms. DDS. RWR. EW. Trims. You don't need a lot of controls to point a modern air to air fighter at a target and kill something. THAT is realistic; anyone that tells you different, and believes differently, doesn't have a clue.

It's the guy who puts all of those inputs together in his mental space to get the picture, then plays the piccolo in the correct order, who wins. Don't like it? As was previously mentioned, build missions with a CAP. The idea of Sharks and Hogs going out with no CAP and getting nailed by OCA Eagles and Flankers is ludicrous, not because of how easy of prey you are, but because you don't go into the Lion's den without support capable of keeping you alive. Complaining about being the proverbial grape in such circumstances is the real child's play.

• Like 3

You play a video game and you think its makes you a man? Nerd.

:lol: I lol at that one. GG :lol:

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

No, DCS aircraft are more realistic, but FC level aircraft should not be dissed as something that does not represent modern air combat realistically.

So basically LOMAC aircraft are more realistic than DCS aircraft because "good" pilots aren't worried about switches in the cockpit, just using HOTAS to shoot down other ac?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

You obviously don't understand the concept behind CA then.

Combined Arms is still for noobs and kids ..play ARMA ..thats a sim :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

No, DCS aircraft are more realistic, but FC level aircraft should not be dissed as something that does not represent modern air combat realistically.

Agreed. In my mind DCS and LOMAC aren't equal products with a difference in fidelity, DCS is the next generation of simulation when it comes to combat ac. Doesn't mean LOMAC is bad, just out dated imho

There's this idea that being "hard" is realistic.

I agree with a lot of your post but I have to say that DCS ac aren't realictic because they're hard, they're realistic because they're more realistic :smartass:

Just look at the difference between the maverick missile implementation in FC2 and DCS a10c...

The DCS version is harder precisely because it is more realistic. It does a much better job of simulating the kind of challenge that our real world counter parts face.

I'm looking forward to the day that I can look back at DCS a10c and feel the same way that I do about LOMAC! :pilotfly:

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer