DCS A10C Warthog throttle problem - need help!

Smoky

Hamblue

Are you saying that your throttle setting matches when you start the quick missions? I always need to move my throttle when joining a flight in the air because the throttle setting does not match where my throttle is set....i ususally move the throttle up towards max but the aircraft may be already at a reduced throttle setting so my guessament of where to place the throttle may be off so I move my throttle to sinc it with the current actual setting...make sense to you?

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Even though OP's question was answered I'm getting a slightly similar bug that some others in this thread are getting. I sometimes have to push the throttles past the cut off detent several times to get the engines started and here's the strange part, this bug only happens when I have my home built electrical panel plugged in too. But it seems to only affect the throttles. Everything else works correctly, aside from maybe making the game less stable too, but that's something I can't confirm at this time.

Glad the op got things working. Sorry to piss him off but sometimes you have to bark to get past the tunnel vision we all get.

For those still with the problem. When we say to lift the throttles we mean grab it and pull them up towards the ceiling until it stops. While holding them UP towards the ceiling pull back. They will travel quite a bit more. The light bulb will go off in your head when you first get it. It took me several months. Also they wont sync until they're back.

If joining in air you'll have to experiment. I personally always cold start.

The reason they don't move until set correctly is that the right throttle has to be in the Off position for the left engine to start. It has to do with APU bleed air.

Good Luck <S>

Edited by Hamblue

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

Check calibration in joy.cpl, if you haven't calibrated it do so.

Also if you have a stick extension re-calibrating the base will result in a more stable axis and allow full use of the axis in DCS without the need for any saturation or curve to reduce the throw.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

• 2 years later...

Any updates in this matter? I have the same issue when using the T.A.R.G.E.T and mapped controlls for/ in the F15. Tried both in game "synchronize " option on and off. Most of the time the other buttons works but throttle either shuts down engines or does not respond at all :/

Seems like the throttle Axis control is "Slider1" in 1.5 and not "DX_Throttle_Axis"(Thrustmasters T.A.R.G.E.T software) = "JOY_Z"(in game controlls). Anyway there seems to be no way of controlling the F-15 engines as left and right with the Thrustmasters HOTAS Warthogs throttle left and right. Hopefully just a bug that will be solved soon :) Will try in 1.2 and 2.0 now as well :)

Now I´m running the "Synchronize" ON can be added, not sure if that matters for the F-15 and T.A.R.G.E.T

Even though OP's question was answered I'm getting a slightly similar bug that some others in this thread are getting. I sometimes have to push the throttles past the cut off detent several times to get the engines started and here's the strange part, this bug only happens when I have my home built electrical panel plugged in too. But it seems to only affect the throttles. Everything else works correctly, aside from maybe making the game less stable too, but that's something I can't confirm at this time.

Hi kk0425, I described this problem in thread http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=155338.

Edit: I'll try to get a video posted of the issue...

Edited by Aeger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

After spending some time with this issue I found if I try playing the game with my TM flight stick disconnected, I can start engines fine. For the sake of pinpointing the problem, can you guys try it as well? Just curious if it's only me or if this indicates some kind of general hardware conflict happening in game.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 years later...