Trim and TrackIR problems with version 1.5.4.454080

v2tec

Didn't play for a few months but after the latest update I though I give it a try.

I recognized following problems:

- trim doesn't work anymore. The controls are set correctly and I even see the press-button-animation on the virtual flight stick, but the plane doesn't react. Is there a new button I have to activate now? Plane controls and settings are set correctly as they worked before.

- TrackIR left and right view doesn't go straight anymore, it always rolls to the left or right depending where I am looking. I checked my TrackIR settings, but everything is fine. When I turn my head, it only changes the yaw axis without the roll axis, so it must be a problem in DCS

added after post from reflected:

- pressing ok button on the settings panel results in a black screen. Doesn't matter if changes are made or not.

I really hope they fix it soon. I just re-arranged my flight sim stuff (pedals, warthog, trackIR...) ready to play... :cry:

update 07-16-2016: version 54866 trim not fixed

finally, patch 55584 fixed also the trim problem. No more problems so far...

Edited by v2tec

________________________ ________ ______ ___ __ _

Win10 64 Pro, i7-6800K 3.4Ghz, 32 GB (DDR4), Asus Aorus 1080 TI WF, TrackIR 5 / RIFT, Thrustmaster Warthog, Fanatec Pedals, 55" oled 4k TV, Modules:A10C, KA-50, Huey, AV-8B, FA-18, F-16, NTTR, Persian Gulf

_ __ ___ ____ _____ ______ _______ ____________

Or you can just turn Virtual Reality off.:smilewink:

Because that's where the Trakir issue is.

I already tried, but then I had a black screen...

Win10 64 Pro, i7-6800K 3.4Ghz, 32 GB (DDR4), Asus Aorus 1080 TI WF, TrackIR 5 / RIFT, Thrustmaster Warthog, Fanatec Pedals, 55" oled 4k TV, Modules:A10C, KA-50, Huey, AV-8B, FA-18, F-16, NTTR, Persian Gulf

The trim is working fine. But I read somewhere that a connected device like the G27 could interfer. Try unplugging your other game devices.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

For the black screen problem, delete options.lua and let the game build a new one, or edit the one You have according to instructions:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2821188&postcount=39

For the TiR problem, check the link Texac posted above.

No idea about the trim.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

TrackIR Problems w/ Slanted Views Etc are resolved in today's update, no need to use that code.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I just updated, my TrackIR now slews 90 degrees left right only without slanting though this time. I can not see wings. 2.0 still works fine though. So there is still an issue, for me anyway.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I just updated, my TrackIR now slews 90 degrees left right only without slanting though this time. I can not see wings. 2.0 still works fine though. So there is still an issue, for me anyway.

See:

"over the shoulder" fix for track IR is not included to this update , but fixed already in internal version ( together with combined arms TIR and VR sight camera ) .

Overall using of Track IR is fixed - slanted view bug , mouse interraction etc.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Thanks for the response, but I'm not clear as to what that means exactly?

"fix for track IR is not included to this update" ( to me this means, ok, its still not fixed just yet).

"but fixed already in internal version" (I really don't know what is meant by internal version to be frank?).

Thanks for any clarification or show me the way to a link that gets more descriptive please,,, many thanks sir!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

patch 1.5.4.54316

Two bugs fixed - one still open.

TrackIR is now working fine with the latest patch. Also leaving settings with the ok button doesn't crash (black screen) anymore.

However, trim still doesn't work and this is mandatory if u want to flight the A10C smoothly. :(:(:(

Another weekend w/o playing the sim...:cry:

Edited by v2tec

patch 1.5.4.54316

Two bugs fixed - one still open.

TrackIR is now working fine with the latest patch. Also leaving settings with the ok button doesn't crash (black screen) anymore.

However, trim still doesn't work and this is mandatory if u want to flight the A10C smoothly. :(:(:(

Another weekend w/o playing the sim...:cry:

That's what you sign up for when you play the open beta vs the release version. Grant it even the release version has that annoying bug preventing AI from taking off in missions. :/

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

TrackIR Problems w/ Slanted Views Etc are resolved in today's update, no need to use that code.

SkateZilla

Last night I updated DCS. I had applied that code fix before the update which had fixed the problem.

After applying the update, I again had the same TIR problem, so the update apparently reversed the code fix. I again applied the code fix and that again fixed the problem.

Also, one of the guys I fly with, after updating last night, had the same TIR problem of not being able to turn his head more than about 70 degrees or so, (same problem I had.) I sent him a link to your code fix. He applied it and it fixed the problem.

I offer this just as information for you. Not as a complaint. DCS is working great now.

Thanks for your work on this.

Thanks for the response, but I'm not clear as to what that means exactly?

"fix for track IR is not included to this update" ( to me this means, ok, its still not fixed just yet).

"but fixed already in internal version" (I really don't know what is meant by internal version to be frank?).

Thanks for any clarification or show me the way to a link that gets more descriptive please,,, many thanks sir!

Did I not ask this question appropriately? :huh:

Apparently so,,,,

• 2 weeks later...

Last tested 7/14/16.

If I host a MP server and jump into an aircraft other than an A-10C to start with ... and then later jump into the A-10C, the point of view is as if the pilot is sitting about 12 inches too low. I can sort of correct this by Looking waaaaaaay up and then re-centering the TiR but even then it is a bit awkward. At that point if I look away from the HUD like over my shoulder and then look back forward I can no longer see all of my HUD. At that point if I look near the limits upward and then back to straight ahead that seems to recenter it ... until I look away again. VERY very annoying. TiR was working fine before this latest patch.

Anyone else seen this?

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.