Locking multiple Mav targets

mcdowect

You can't lock each maverick independently but it's still possible to fire the mavs quickly in succession on different targets:

- create a mark point for each target (whatever the method is).

- switch your steerpoint selector to "markpoints"

(optional:

- set HUD SOI (Coolie up short)

- make sure cycling waypoints will cycle your targets.

)

- set SPI to steerpoint (TMS aft long)

- to make target selection easier, put TGP on left MFD

For each target:

- select steer point corresponding to target

- select MAV (China hat forward)

- Slave all to SPI (China hat forward long)

- MAV should slew, stabilize, lock target

- shoot

- repeat

I'm writing this from memory, there is maybe a better sequence but you get the idea.

So, yes, it's awesome, and you can actually do it :thumbup:

Edited by PiedDroit
  • Like 1

You don't have to set the HUD to SOI when you're making markpoints, unless you just want to get that close and then have to turn around and make another run. I just leave the TGP as SOI and mark targets with that, on the way in, well before I'm in range with my mavs. Other than that, everything is correct.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

You don't have to set the HUD to SOI when you're making maDroirkpoints, unless you just want to get that close and then have to turn around and make another run. I just leave the TGP as SOI and mark targets with that, on the way in, well before I'm in range with my mavs. Other than that, everything is correct.

In PiedDroit instruction HUD as SOI is used to cycle markpoints using HOTAS not to designate them.

Maybe I'm wrong but he wrote "create markpoints" at the begining (whithout mentioning how), after that HUD as SOI to cycle through them.

Yeah that's what I meant.

It appears that "set HUD as SOI" is written twice, only because the first time I advise to check all targets before starting the run. There is nothing fancy ;)

There are many ways to quickly select your target in succession, I find the mark points easier to use.

The main point here is to get all targets to be stored one way or another then make them SPI in succession.

Also, having HUD as SOI allows quick Mav selection (China forward).

edit: I added "optional" to the post so it's more clear.

Edited by PiedDroit

The (a) military has done this with weapons whose seekers and processing systems actually grant that capability. Mavericks do not.

Look up hellfire RF and Brimstone.

Anyone else think it would be awsome if the A-10C had the abilitiy to lock each maverick onto a different target then fire them all in sequence? Why hasent the military does this!!!! lol

Anyway, thats all

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Indeed they can, it is an aircraft systems function rather than a weapon function though and only allows a max of two missiles to be targetted at once (one per station, even if LAU-88s are being used).

I don't believe the A-10C supports multi missile handoff. Although I will say I'm not 100% sure on that.

Edited by Eddie

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Now, try that on an advancing armored platoon:smilewink:

You can't lock each maverick independently but it's still possible to fire the mavs quickly in succession on different targets:

- create a mark point for each target (whatever the method is).

- switch your steerpoint selector to "markpoints"

(optional:

- make sure cycling waypoints will cycle your targets.

)

- set SPI to steerpoint (TMS aft long)

- to make target selection easier, put TGP on left MFD

For each target:

- select steer point corresponding to target

- select MAV (China hat forward)

- Slave all to SPI (China hat forward long)

- MAV should slew, stabilize, lock target

- shoot

- repeat

I'm writing this from memory, there is maybe a better sequence but you get the idea.

So, yes, it's awesome, and you can actually do it :thumbup:

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

Correct.

So if it's even easier on moving targets, why would one work with multiple markpoints on stationary targets.

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

Correct.

So if it's even easier on moving targets, why would one work with multiple markpoints on stationary targets.

I agree, but even when I ask nicely the enemy still sits around spread-out.. I know its rude of them but what can you do? ;)