The A-10 'Warthog' just got a little more badass

Call911

Yea this would be a very nice munition to have ingame.

It would be perfect for light armored vehicles (letting you save AGM-65s for heavier armor)

as any type of BMP/BTR or Arty vehicle would probably be no problem for one of these guided rockets.

(Its just a modified Hydra 70 with Canards and Laser seekers)

It uses the same warheads,fuses and rocket engines as normal Hydra 70s

(with a guidance section including the canards being mounted between the warhead/Fuse section and the Rocket section)

And im just suprised a munition like this had not been developed and adopted earlier as it feel like such an obvious solution

(and its a perfect weapon for the kind of fighting that the US has done so much of since 1991)

And i would be surprised if this weapon system (or one like it) does not become common place either within nato or world wide (with the russians most likely developing something similar for their 80mm rockets)

As its Cheap (as you can just modify existing rockets or buy new once as they rather cheap compared to other weapon types)

And very effective against small targets that you might not want to waste a LGB or AGM-65 against (or other expensive guided munitions).

Be interesting if this would find it's way into DCSW

It won't happen. The A-10C has received many upgrades since the version we have and none of them are forthcoming for the sim.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/military/a21355/a-10-warthogs-now-carry-laser-guided-rockets/ Different article with some nice videos and more tech data we all love around here.

Skylake 6600K(4.5GHz) | EVGA GTX970 FTW | 16GB 2666 DDR4 Corsair Vengeance | MSI Z170A Krait | Windows 10 (64bit) | X52 Pro | TrackIR 5

Hawk T.1A | F-15C | F-86F | UH-1H | A-10C | P-51D | F-5E | M-2000C

USAF Pilot w/ T-6/T-38 Time

if I had a nickel for everytime someone wanted a update to add something to DCS:A-10C thats well beyond the modelled suite.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

The A-10C has received many upgrades since the version we have and none of them are forthcoming for the sim.

What are these upgrades? Do they have these million dollar helmets like they wear in the F-35? I've seen pictures with drivers wearing high tech helmets with those bulgy visors...

if I had a nickel for everytime someone wanted a update to add something to DCS:A-10C thats well beyond the modelled suite.

Then ED could use that money to model and upgraded suite. Not gonna happen I know but it would be nice.

What are these upgrades? Do they have these million dollar helmets like they wear in the F-35? I've seen pictures with drivers wearing high tech helmets with those bulgy visors...

We have HMCS with is a fraction of the cost of the F-35 helmet and actually much cheaper than JHMCS the F-15 or F-16 use.

I think ED should model a new suite of the A-10C and just sell it as a new module. I feel the difference between the current A-10C and the suite we have in DCS is as big as the one between the A-10A and current.

But I guess there is alot of other things in the way?

We have HMCS with is a fraction of the cost of the F-35 helmet and actually much cheaper than JHMCS the F-15 or F-16 use.

Mmh. Nice. Googled it quick and actually I think JHMCS is actually what I called the "bulgy visor" helmet. Anyway, implementing such a device in DCS sounds like a pain to make properly. Plus I guess some of its working are still classified. Not accounting for the fact that it would probably take a while getting used to, playwise, with all the symbology permanently suprimposed on the view.

I think ED should model a new suite of the A-10C and just sell it as a new module. I feel the difference between the current A-10C and the suite we have in DCS is as big as the one between the A-10A and current.

But I guess there is alot of other things in the way?

Assuming:

- The Later Suites systems aren't still classified

- ED/TFC Have a License Agreement to do so.

Also Given the Potential for people exploding over Paid Upgrades to an existing module, which has been observed in the past w/ KA-50/KA-502 and FC2/FC3, etc etc,

I doubt we open that can of worms.

As a Separate module, doubt it for reason above, PPL would go bonkers over "minimal changes to internal and external 3d models and new systems" being something to pay for.

if ED Pursued it, and I had a Vote in the scenario,

-I would Package it with the Current A-10C Module ID, update Entry.lua w/ a 2nd A-10C Call (ie "A-10C Suite X"), update and export new separate Cockpit /External Models, add the new systems, etc

-Raise the price of the A-10C Module Back to 49.99 or 59.99 from 39.99, and note the increase was due to new features and developments.

-Existing Owners get the update for free.

-A-10C Module will now have 2 A-10C Aircraft, the Original Suite and the Modern Suite.

But that's just me, and the entire prospect of a 2nd A-10C Module isnt a reality anyway.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

If I had a dime every time someone talks about modelled suites.

:lol::lol::lol::megalol:

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

Assuming:

- The Later Suites systems aren't still classified

- ED/TFC Have a License Agreement to do so.

Also Given the Potential for people exploding over Paid Upgrades to an existing module, which has been observed in the past w/ KA-50/KA-502 and FC2/FC3, etc etc,

I doubt we open that can of worms.

As a Separate module, doubt it for reason above, PPL would go bonkers over "minimal changes to internal and external 3d models and new systems" being something to pay for.

if ED Pursued it, and I had a Vote in the scenario,

-I would Package it with the Current A-10C Module ID, update Entry.lua w/ a 2nd A-10C Call (ie "A-10C Suite X"), update and export new separate Cockpit /External Models, add the new systems, etc

-Raise the price of the A-10C Module Back to 49.99 or 59.99 from 39.99, and note the increase was due to new features and developments.

-Existing Owners get the update for free.

-A-10C Module will now have 2 A-10C Aircraft, the Original Suite and the Modern Suite.

But that's just me, and the entire prospect of a 2nd A-10C Module isnt a reality anyway.

Are the ppl exploding over paid content more than those paying for the content? I know what you are talking about with the exploding (and you are a gentleman for putting it nicely, I'd use the words whine or bitch).

All I know is I put over 1000 hours into the A-10C last year and since I first purchased it I've payed over $100 for the current version. I'd gladly pay more for an updated version. You're breaking my heart here. Oh well, a girl can dream.

A lot more than just HMCS and ARKWS has been upgraded from the suite 3 (ish) A-10C we have in DCS World and suite 8 of the real aicraft.

Given the title of this thread, I dare ask again, what are those upgrades from suites 4 and beyond? Besides the helmet and smart rocket?

Radios. Galore..

Ask Snoopy, He'd be the one to know.