DCS problems with HD SSD. Help!

jomar machado

I let a mission replay, it goes well and suddenly my monitor goes black, the computer stops and keeps souding a beep and i have to take off the energy cables from the wall to turn it off. It only happens with DCS world...

I'm with a new SSD, new video card and a new water cooler. But 3DMax and photoshop and all the rest runs fine...

This sounds like an serious hardware issue (this thread should be better moved to the appropriate forum, btw)

I am no hardware guy so others might be able to be more helpfull here. But to me it sounds as if either your PSU can't handle all your components or has an issue or your GPU is failing (gets too little power or is overheating?). Do you have anything overclocked?

Also perhaps try running something graphics intensive (different games, not sure if PS is a good indicator here) and see if it crashes again.

I would suggest the possibility that the new video card is straining your power supply beyond its limits. DCS is tougher than most apps on graphics cards.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

seconded that sounds like over heating or under powered. Check windows system event logs for entries around the reboot, good drivers will log either cause.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

Power supply is maxing out and causing the issues.. What PS do you have?

There is a pin on your processor that is used for the system reset. When power is cut to this pin, the CPU reboots the system.. (Your computer rest button is connected to that pin and causes a restart.)

If you have too small of a power supply, it will run until it becomes over taxed.. GAMES such as DCS require a lot of computations, textures to be loaded / unloaded etc. and this takes a lot more power than pretty much any thing else you are going to do with your machine..

So what I think is happening is you are running the machine fine and can run some apps with no issues. You try DCS and when the the Graphics card start to pull a lot of power, your PSU can't keep up and when it maxes out then everything else plugged into it starts to drop voltage.. As the computer monitors the reset pin on your processor, when it sees the voltage drop below 4.7 volts (don't quote me on that one but I THINK it is 4.7 volts) it thinks you hit the reset button and resets your machine for you... This can cause a lot of weirdnesses such as you are describing.

Try one of the online power supply calculators and see what you need for a power suppoy and I will bet that your PS is too wimpy for all of the hardware you are running..

Edited by outlawal2

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

Real Power M620...

Maxximum 700W and continuos 620W.

That really should be enough, but how OLD is the PSU? They do wear out.. (I am also guessing because I don't know exactly what you have connected either)

Still recommend that you try the online calculator and be certain to include EVERYTHING you are running. I konw a lot of folks don't mention all kinds of items and when they add them all up it makes quite a difference..

Also, not all Power supplies are made equal and I know nothing about the one you mentioned, but not all of them meet the standards they say they do.. I can't say if yours does, or how old it may be or any other possible variables, but I CAN say that with the issues you are having I would bet money that it is a power issue and that your PS (for whatever reason) is the issue.

Do you have a friend that might have a newer / bigger power supply you could try?

RAMBO

My PC is 3 years old, and I've just made this little upgrade: SSD, VideoCard and Corsair H100i.

This is NOT a "little" upgrade.. The video card especially adds a LOT of power drain and the water cooler will take more power than a fan will..

You asked for suggestions and I have provided that.. I also explained why... I am pretty much convinced this is the issue, but you seem to not want to hear it...

Good luck with your issue and please let us know when you fix it (and how) so others can learn from it

Thanks!

RAMBO

I don't have a near by friend with a greater/newer PSU... :(

Try unplugging ANYTHING that you don't need to run the game.. (Also, if you have an external USB hub, make sure it is a POWERED hub that way your system isn't havbing to power all your external items too. This won't make a huge difference but it does all add up.)

If you have more than one HD, unplug it as well as any CD / DVD drives..

Reboot and try again and see if it helps.. I can't guarantee that it will make a big enough difference, but if you DO notice a difference then you KNOW that this is the issue.

If you still have the same issues, it still could be the PS anyway ...

RAMBO

It was a very good PSU but how old is it now? Sniped

The minimum requirement for the 970 is 500W, personally I never go below 1000W when buying a new PSU.

Hope you resolve it soon. :)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SOLVED!!! It was the fan placed in the side panel of the cabinet. I took it off and now everything is running OK!!! Thanks for your time and attention mates! :D

Hrm, and now it doesn't crash instantly when the GPU has to process some more demanding effects, but after 10 minutes because of generally overheating? :o)

Or is everything covered now in this regard with your water cooling system?

• 3 months later...

Flagrum, in the end was my Corsair H100i that blow out.

Now I'm with a Corsair cooler and may be everything is ok, but sometimes my PC turn it off by itself, and I don't kow why...

I work with Max, model render, everything is oK, but sometimes my PC turns off...