DCS MiG-21 fails to activate

Mrgud

Just a heads-up: Today I've made a small change in bios and allocated +1gb of shared vram to the gpu part of the APU, just to see if there will be any difference in DCS behaviour. Since I only have Mig21bis module and can't compare with other modules, I was kinda surprised that it really did spent additional activation, [...]

Somewhat related: I just installed a BIOS upgrade (Asus Sabertooth P67, going from 2103 to 3602) and afterwards the MiG-21 module requires an activation again (I'd last flown the MiG-21 yesterday, before the BIOS upgrade).

Since I plan to change the graphic card, I skipped the MiG-21 activation and DCS loaded fine (I flew the Bf 109 in this case).

I'll report back if I have trouble activating the MiG-21 after the upcoming hardware change.

Edit: After the upgrade, activating the MiG-21 failed very much as described in #1.

In my case, that's what happened:

When I loaded a MiG-21 Instant Action mission, an activation window popped up. I clicked "Continue" and "Ok" and it said "8 activations left". Then the mission loaded, but I couldn't enter the cockpit. When I quit the mission, dcs.exe crashed.

Next time I started a mission in DCS, the MiG-21 required yet another activation.

Instead, I followed Cobra847's advice and it worked fine, I didn't need to go past Step 1. :)

Still, losing two activations because of this hick-up is a mild nuisance; I hope LNS will be able to fix the underlying cause soon so that other's won't suffer from the same problem in the future.

Edited by Yurgon

• 2 months later...

is this a kind of bad joke? I paid a bunch of dollars for a product who doesn't work

RYZEN 7 1800X 3.5ghz / 32 DDR4 RAM Crucial / Nvidia 2070 RTX EVGA / Samsung SSD 500 GB / Acer XB270H G-Sync / Trackir 5 / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / Oculus CV1

Same problem here, i have upgraded my motherboard and i cannot reactivate anyone of my 8 dcs products. Done fresh DCS install but doesnt work at all.

Thats quite annoying...

GIGABYE Z97P-D3 KINGSTON 16GB 1600MHZ INTEL I5-4690K OC 4.3GHZ

SSD SAMSUNG EVO 240 256GB / SSD CRUCIAL MX500 1TB / WESTERN BLACK 2TB

ASUS STRIX 970GTX 4GB SOUNDBLASTER Z-SERIES THUSTMASTER T16000M / TWCS

MODULES:

F-14 / UH-1 / A-10 / F-86 / KA-50 / MIG-21 / MI-8 / NEVADA / COMBINED ARMS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Has anybody had any luck? My activation freezes after I click "OK" after it tells me activation is successful, but I can never get into the program. I have checked other multiple threads and this thread is the closest to my problem, (except I never did any hardware upgrades). ANY solutions out there?

• 3 months later...

This is the 3rd time I'm contacting Leatherneck Sim about the activation issue but got no support at all. I'm not buying anything from those guys anymore and I'm about to ask them for refund for that Mig21 cause seems like I paid for something not able to use it. Very poor customer service.

This is the 3rd time I'm contacting Leatherneck Sim about the activation issue but got no support at all. I'm not buying anything from those guys anymore and I'm about to ask them for refund for that Mig21 cause seems like I paid for something not able to use it. Very poor customer service.

It just freezes after it seems to finish the activation? Like he described?

Could it be your firewall or anti-virus software that tries to block this?

Have you tried to use the pcmsl.exe directly, like Cobra847 described in this post.

This solved an issue I've had a few days ago.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Waiting to build a F/A-18C home-pit...

ex - Swiss Air Force Pilatus PC-21 Ground Crew

SFM? AFM? EFM?? What's this?

i7-5960X (8 core @3.00GHz)¦32GB DDR4 RAM¦Asus X99-WS/IPMI¦2x GTX970 4GB SLI¦Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD¦TrackIR 5 Pro¦TM Warthog¦MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

It just freezes after it seems to finish the activation? Like he described?

Could it be your firewall or anti-virus software that tries to block this?

Have you tried to use the pcmsl.exe directly, like Cobra847 described in this post.

This solved an issue I've had a few days ago.

Thank you Mig29movt; Yes I tried all that but everytime I get this error message: Activation failed, view report and it's show you a text document of all your PC data + they tells you to send it to the customer support (2 links for ED and Leatherneck). I already sent them the error message with no respond, then I created a ticket using my account on ED and they responded quickly saying you better contact Leatherneck to solve this issue. I emailed Nicholas (Leatherneck developer) and he responded back with an attachment that supposed to fix the problem but unfortunately I'm using Outlook so the attachment been blocked by that stupid security behavior of Outlook. I emailed him back and asked him to resend that attachment again on my other Yahoo mail but he didn't respond and till now I never heard from them. No one like this we paid to play that Sim not only spending time fixing issues etc. Do you have the same issue?

Thank you Mig29movt; Yes I tried all that but everytime I get this error message: Activation failed, view report and it's show you a text document of all your PC data + they tells you to send it to the customer support (2 links for ED and Leatherneck). I already sent them the error message with no respond, then I created a ticket using my account on ED and they responded quickly saying you better contact Leatherneck to solve this issue. I emailed Nicholas (Leatherneck developer) and he responded back with an attachment that supposed to fix the problem but unfortunately I'm using Outlook so the attachment been blocked by that stupid security behavior of Outlook. I emailed him back and asked him to resend that attachment again on my other Yahoo mail but he didn't respond and till now I never heard from them. No one like this we paid to play that Sim not only spending time fixing issues etc. Do you have the same issue?

hmm maybe he was trying to send you the .reg file from his post

Have you already used that file?

Else you could also press LWin + R key, type "regedit" then navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Leatherneck Simulations\DCS:MiG-21 BiS\

and delete the folder "Keys" in there.

Then again try to run pcmsl.exe, make sure you're using your key and not your trasaction ID

It should look something like XX-123456-123456-123456-123456

Also log into your account on this page: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/mig21bis/

There is a yellow button down the page "Show serial numbers" to get your number.

You may also check your module manager inside the game, see if you have the MiG-21 there. Run a repair if it doesn't shows up under "installed"

I'm sorry if all this isn't new to you, but I think it's just bizarre that it won't work for you. :dunno:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Waiting to build a F/A-18C home-pit...

ex - Swiss Air Force Pilatus PC-21 Ground Crew

SFM? AFM? EFM?? What's this?

i7-5960X (8 core @3.00GHz)¦32GB DDR4 RAM¦Asus X99-WS/IPMI¦2x GTX970 4GB SLI¦Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD¦TrackIR 5 Pro¦TM Warthog¦MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

hmm maybe he was trying to send you the .reg file from his post

Have you already used that file?

Else you could also press LWin + R key, type "regedit" then navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Leatherneck Simulations\DCS:MiG-21 BiS\

and delete the folder "Keys" in there.

Then again try to run pcmsl.exe, make sure you're using your key and not your trasaction ID

It should look something like XX-123456-123456-123456-123456

Also log into your account on this page: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/mig21bis/

There is a yellow button down the page "Show serial numbers" to get your number.

You may also check your module manager inside the game, see if you have the MiG-21 there. Run a repair if it doesn't shows up under "installed"

I'm sorry if all this isn't new to you, but I think it's just bizarre that it won't work for you. :dunno:

Thanks so much Mig29movt really appreciated your help.

You probably did, but I'll ask anyway - did You erase the activation data from the registry using batch file from that thread?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2267911&postcount=1

Edit - sniped by MiG :).

Thanks indeed Mate finally got it to work. I opened the link and downloaded that file (Registry cleaner) then reactivated . Thanks again really appreciate it your fast respond. Cheers

• 7 months later...

Just going to bring an old thread back to live, as I've got this issue now, can't fly the Mig 21, every time I start up the game is comes up with an activation error, but its wont do anything. Anyone help?

• 4 weeks later...

just now solved this problem, after RAM upgrade, MiG went into re-activation cycle. what to do?

save somewhere you activation key

from this site download the registry file Mig-21_delete_activation_data.reg

http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/File:Mig-21_delete_activation_data.reg

just run it on your PC

run DCS and activate MiG with the saved key as if it was just fresh installed

worked for me

• 2 months later...
Exact same problem, I have to say it reflects very poorly on Eagle Dynamics to let an error this basic continue for so long. I personally will not even look twice should Leatherneck do another module.

It isn't in ED's hands, it is the 3rd party provider who decides what to wrap around their code and how restrictive he wants the StarForce DRM to check for changes...

StarForce is a licensed "product" for copy protection.

Not much ED can do about that.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Your e-mail probably didn't go through LN's spam filter. Keep nagging them in the activation thread of the forum and You should get response eventually.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 2 weeks later...