Activation Key is not valid since motherbard upgrade.

Hi

I upgraded my motherboard/processor and retained existing SSD, RAM and graphic card. I did not deactivate DCS. When the renewed machine booted it went into windows without problem. I was expecting to reinstall the operating system and DCS later.

DCS reports Activation Key is Not valid etc. I tried reactivating option and it appears to work. ie reactivation number drops. However cockpits are frozen. Repeated this 3 times so far and I cannot fly.

How do I solve this ? ?

Thanks

Druid

What do you mean with "cockpits are frozen"?

As for reactivation, it is perfectly normal for the modules to ask for a new activation when the CPU is changed. This constitutes a major hardware change.

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Have you tried running a repair on your install? Right now this sounds more like a corrupt install than a corrupt activation.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Hi

Tried repair. I am unable to deactivate due to significant hardware changes although when I tried to reinstall the module it says activation is successful but the sim reports an error as soon as I try to select a flight. Would deleting the lot and starting again help or is there some key file hidden.

Thanks

Druid.