Invalid Serial Number in MP

SimHog

Hi All,

I have A-10, BS2 and P-51D. Installed in my system now is DCS World with P-51 and BS2. I also have BS2 installed seperately.

I've never used MP before but tried it tonight. Everytime I try to login I get "Invalid Serial Number" message.

Have I done something wrong installing two copies of BS2?

I've read about the registry fix but I'm not sure what I need to do and I'm not game enough to install A-10 yet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

CoderX71

Ryzen 9 3900X @4.6Ghz | ASUS STRIX ROG 570-F Gaming | 32GB HyperX Predator HX432C16PB3AK2-16 DDR4-3200 | Corsair Force MP600 1TB (OS and Games) | MSI 3090 Gaming X Trio | HP Reverb G2

Standalone.

Thanks for the quick reply :)

Ryzen 9 3900X @4.6Ghz | ASUS STRIX ROG 570-F Gaming | 32GB HyperX Predator HX432C16PB3AK2-16 DDR4-3200 | Corsair Force MP600 1TB (OS and Games) | MSI 3090 Gaming X Trio | HP Reverb G2

Its a restriction with DCS World and owning multiple modules - you need to log on to DCS MP login with the account you bought the Serials.

So basicly, with DCS World:

- When you install and activate, use the serials which is linked to your DCS-buyer account.

- When you log on to MP, make sure all the serials exist on 1 account.

What will fail:

- Having 2 buyer accounts, and serials mixed from them both - trying to use them on *one* DCS MP login.

If you need to clean up a little bit - and use the new serials:

- Start MP while holding shift. This will give you the SF-activation windows. You can now replace the serial numbers.

Alt2: Using registry editor, remove the keys from "HCKU\Software\Eagle Dynamics". Reactivation will occur the next time you start MP (or press fly for SP).

- You may have to delete \Saved Games\Config\network.vault

You may have to perform all of these steps at the same time - so the first MP login is using the fresh activation and creating a new network.vault for you.

Edited by Panzertard

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

All sims were bought using the one login, so would you suggest forcing the re-activation process?

I did have one such issue at a stage with the BS2 fullversion keys, so I did just that and it solved my problems, yes.

May I suggest that you:

- Clean out all the old keys from registry (yes, it'll cost a bit of activations).

- Clean out the network.vault.

- Remove DCS world (or simply rename it)

- Install DCS World

- Install the BS2 module only

- Activate and login MP to test.

This forces you to use 1 BS2 key only, and this should work, otherwise there's going to be some serious problem to fix.

Later, when all is good - you can start adding more modules again - 1 by 1.

PS, I'm moving your post over to DCS world so more of us can monitor it.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Thanks for the support!

So how about I deactivate everything first, uninstall and then follow the steps you suggest?

Cheers.

There's no deactivation for the new SF keys & systems, instead you get 1 activation renewal per month when you expire your keys.

I not expired mine yet either for 2-3 years - takes forever ;)

OK, I'll give it a go and report back once done.

Thanks again.

Oh just realised something ... I should be using DCS World v1.1.2.1 ? :doh:

Well I installed DCS World v1121 and v1121 of BS2, it accepted the serial number but now it's crashing when ever I enter MP or SP.

I don't feel it's worth the hassle at the moment considering World is still at BETA. I'll install BS2 and A10 seperately from World for now.

Coder,

-using a 32-bit OS ?

-there might be about a million things that can go wrong. Post up your log- and crashfiles so troubleshooters have something to work with.

B

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

S! Bengo

No mate, Win 7 Home 64bit.

Where are the log files kept?

Cheers,

CoderX71

Ok ... I found the problem. I have multiple accounts with DCS, is there anyway I can get the extra account removed, and the proper account renamed?

• 2 weeks later...

Can I fly DCSW without having bought A-10C, BS2 or P-51, can I join and just fly the 25T?

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

In SP, yes. In MP, no.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys i have a folowing problem , a cant login to lobby because of Invalid CD-key , in single player i have activated ´DCS-A-10C and there is no problem , but when i want to login in multiplayer in default there is inserted wrong Key and i cant change it , i try deactivate and again activated but with no succes , in multiplayer there is still inserted wrong key and i cant change it and thanks to that i cant login.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you using a key obtained through digitalcombatsimulator.com? If so, are you logging in with the same account details as you have on that site (as opposed to a manually created account)?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Yes , the one i get when i buy DCS-10C , which worl perfectly in A-10C , but here when i donwload latest DCS wordl instal path for A-10C and run multiplayer i got this problem with login ( i inserted same acount as on DCS A-10C) .

When again try register acount (insert right Key from A-10C which i have in acnount payment ) it will come with this error.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi guys i have a folowing problem , a cant login to lobby because of Invalid CD-key , in single player i have activated ´DCS-A-10C and there is no problem , but when i want to login in multiplayer in default there is inserted wrong Key and i cant change it , i try deactivate and again activated but with no succes , in multiplayer there is still inserted wrong key and i cant change it and thanks to that i cant login.

I had the same problem and it get solved by inserting 1 after my login name ...

so my login is LAB1

Edited by LAB

Obutto r3volution

Asus sabertooth x79 / CPU: i7-3820 cooled with antec 920 /intel520 180gb SSD/ 16gb DDR3 2133mhz /

2x GigabyteGTX670-OC SLI /

TM Warthog HOTAS + MFD Cougar / Saitek Combat Rudder /

3x 27" BenQ and 22" LG

I sometimes wonder what the hell are beta testers doing when such serious bugs get apparent right after release, even if beta.

Firstly, after purchasing CA, had to reinstall DCS World 3x untill I got this error fixed:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=90986

And now, I can't login to MP in DCS World and need to do what? Reinstall everything again and put one module at the time?

Amazing..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

And now my account at DCS site shows under "Payments" that I paid for Warthog 1.2.0 and Combined Arms 1.2.0 and there's no Black Shark 1 listed in it though I paid for it (obviously long time ago) with the same account?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

This is just getting more and more fun. I deactivated my DCS World, then tried to reactivate by entering the same key that is still available at digitalcombatsimulator.com and now it won't get accepted?! I was expecting for the key on the main web page to be refreshed/changed but it's the same.

The best part: the reactivation window already has some key entered and when I clicked "Activate" it accepted it (and I still have the same number of activations left). Of course, when trying to login in MP with the account details from the main site (I used for all my purchases) I get "Invalid serial key" message..

I have A10C and CA modules purchased for DCS World + DCS: Warthog. Is perhaps DCS: Warthog somehow in conflict with DCS World?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

You said

I deactivated my DCS World, then tried to reactivate by entering the same key

DCS world have no SF activation/deactivation. Which product did you mean?

Let me try to clarify a bit on how it works to see if we have some misunderstandings.

Cleanup:

- Make sure you cleaned out \Saved Games\Config\network.vault since it contains some data for MP.

- Uninstall / remove the previous installation.

Install:

- DCS World, free - install first.

- 1 of <Any Module>, install next.

- Test with the MP, make sure you use the DCS web buyer account (hereby called 'Account1')

- install the next <module>

- Test again, still using Account1

- Install and test the last <module>, and test again.

Accounts:

All modules must be under the ownership of 'Account1'.

If one of the modules is not under Account1 ownership, leave it alone and send a support ticket to get it merged over to 'Account1'.