DCS Mods structure : How to create your plugin from scratch

• 3 weeks later...
Can you not test it and find out? :noexpression:

I have a issue with the landing gear flickering/not staying out since 1.2.3. Anyone else have this problem? I am using CptSmileys F-16 model...

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Are you referring to his source code, or just a compiled version? If it's the latter, I can't help you, since the sim is changing and updates to source code are required. Read his FAQ in the download post.

Can I operate the gear?

- No manual gear operation, again due to limitations, I've got a cockpit system that automatically deploys the gear below 200ft, but you can edit that out in the lua code if you want

Thanks for the answer! I dont think its related to your quote as this is something that started in 1.2.3 and wasnt there before. I'm using his sourcecode, and I have solved the problem: i think the dll is resetting the landing gear animation every frame, maybe it's in the code and I missed it... Anyway, letting the dll set the draw argument instead of Lua solved the problem. I managed to have it taxiing around with working nosewheel steering, wheel friction and roll resistance. :D

Does anyone know how to set mass to the aircraft? What seems to be the right function crashes the game if you return true...

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

Ok, I multiplied the mass numbers, the static force of the gear suspension and the forces in the dll by 10. Maybe its placebo, but I think it looks a bit more believable now (it flies less like a feather I think). On the other hand I couldnt figure out how to make external stores to work. If I start the plane flying the cockpit-view goes black (pilot passes out?) and the controls stop responding and the airplane drops like a stone. I don't think the dll crashes as it is still outputting text to the console. If i multiply the mass and forces by 1000 the airplane just explodes once i press play. Anyone made any progress on this?

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

Ok, I multiplied the mass numbers, the static force of the gear suspension and the forces in the dll by 10. Maybe its placebo, but I think it looks a bit more believable now (it flies less like a feather I think). On the other hand I couldnt figure out how to make external stores to work. If I start the plane flying the cockpit-view goes black (pilot passes out?) and the controls stop responding and the airplane drops like a stone. I don't think the dll crashes as it is still outputting text to the console. If i multiply the mass and forces by 1000 the airplane just explodes once i press play. Anyone made any progress on this?

It is a bug that was fixed in test versions, so I'm not sure how that fix didn't make it to the public version. I'll inform the appropriate ED dev. What is happening is the drag on the stores does not have the correct drag index and is causing instant deceleration and blacking you out. You just float down because gravity barely overcomes drag, even at that slow velocity.

It is a bug that was fixed in test versions, so I'm not sure how that fix didn't make it to the public version. I'll inform the appropriate ED dev. What is happening is the drag on the stores does not have the correct drag index and is causing instant deceleration and blacking you out. You just float down because gravity barely overcomes drag, even at that slow velocity.

Apparently it was not ready for the release version. It should be ready for 1.2.4.

is that related to the issue we've had with the F-16 AFM Demo? (external stores just feel like it slams the brakes and falls out of the sky)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

yes and no.

you can use the EDM and textures, but you'd have to build your own LUAs and DLLs for systems. as the FC3 Pits all use "Lock On" Script.

Just leave you Cockpit folder empty and it will default to one of the FC3 Pits or the SU25T Pit. (That works for SFM, not for EAFM though)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 2 weeks later...

Alex O'kean, can You reupload mod from this post

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1473979&postcount=21

And where I can get a complete list of lua functions (make_flyable, plugin_done, etc.)

edited: (facepalm) http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=89164&highlight=declare_plugin

"Человек не имеет крыльев и по отношению веса своего тела к весу мускулов он в 72 раза слабее птицы... Но я думаю , что он полетит, опираясь не на силу своих мускулов, а на силу своего разума."

Н.Е.Жуковский

:book:

Bump

"Человек не имеет крыльев и по отношению веса своего тела к весу мускулов он в 72 раза слабее птицы... Но я думаю , что он полетит, опираясь не на силу своих мускулов, а на силу своего разума."

Н.Е.Жуковский

I'm sorry, but that's not what I need

Н.Е.Жуковский

Спасибо, вроде оно.

Скажи, а что делать с текстурами?

В кокпите они отсутсвуют

П.с. Ответить можно лс

Н.Е.Жуковский

• 1 month later...

I noticed that the delta time (dt) is pinned at 0.006 for me. My FPS is around ~60 but the the dt never ever seem to change. Is this intentional or a bug? What does the value mean?

Edited by RagnarDa

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN