RIP Jim Mackonochie

Wags

RIP and good flight to the heaven.

CPU : I7 6700k, MB : MSI Z170A GAMING M3, GC : EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 GAMING iCX, RAM : DDR4 HyperX Fury 4 x 8 Go 2666 MHz CAS 15, STORAGE : Windows 10 on SSD, games on HDDs.

Hardware used for DCS : Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift.

Own : A-10C, Black Shark (BS1 to BS2), P-51D, FC3, UH-1H, Combined Arms, Mi-8MTV2, AV-8B, M-2000C, F/A-18C, Hawk T.1A

Want : F-14 Tomcat, Yak-52, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, F-86F, MAC, F-16C, F-15E.

Rest in peace JIM!

There's no pain and suffering over there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-3960X @4.3Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair CML16GX3M4A1866C9 4 x 4GB @1866Mhz 9-10-9-27-1T |eVGA GTX Titan Black Hydro Copper SLI | Plextor M5 Pro 512GB SSD | Crucial M4 512GB SSD | Seagate 2TB SSHD | Samsung Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB | Pioneer BDR-205BK 12x Blu-ray Burner | Creative x-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Sound Card | Corsair A1200 1200W PSU

Cooling - Watercool MO-RA3 420 PRO stainless steel radiator with 9x Noiseblocker NB-BlackSilent Pro PK-2 140mm fans

• ED Team

I first met Jim in the early nineties when he was the Boss of Mindscape. Flanker was a just a dream. A flat green world with nearly no ground objects, just a runway and the tower. But it flew well and when I presented the product to Jim he immediately "locked on" and signed us up. As a one of the more memorable highlights of the development were the three white nights spent with Jim, Igor, Sergei Bezruchkin and myself in the Burgess Hill offices, pushing the very first version out of the door. We took short naps on the floor together under the office desks, ate pizza and drank Coke. We made it on time and on budget. Jim was the man that made us do it and want to do it. He has been that same man for more than twenty years for me. We loved him dearly because he cared so much. He never missed a Flying Legends and never missed a beat. We will miss him, I will miss him...

My deepest respects to his family and loved ones.

Nick Grey

Fighter Collection

Sad news. The sheer amount of people who've posted here is a testament to both his character and the high regard in which he was held. While our paths never crossed, I do know he helped the 74th a great deal in the background.

Condolences to his family, and Rest in Peace.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

" Умное выражение лица - это еще не признак ума. Все глупости на Земле делаются именно с этим выражением лица..."

JimMack was a legend in his own lifetime. In my experienced JimMack always treated people with respect, he had the knack for elevating me to feel like I was worth his time to talk to.

Jim, you were such a genuine man. Although I've never met you in person, I cherish the few contacts I've had with you over the years, rest in peace dear friend, you were and still do inspire me.

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

RIP Jim... :(

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Wags, Igor, really, I feel very sad about this terrible news, talk often with Jim, was a great person, very much regret his departure, rest in peace, but I have the sadness in the heart, besides being a great loss to Eagle Dynamics.

I wish you strength and encouragement to their families.

cinta_negra.jpg

Comforting hugs from Colombia :(

Edited by Spook

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]