HogBox

Duckling

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL. I have a habit to be a bit stranded by nature but truth now is that my local webserver will soon be pushing up the daises. Starts with no issues but shuts down after a few random hours without any indication in logs, best guess is hardware related. Started to plan/build a replacement. (contence and layout should alse need a major update :-)

Sorry for the ping-pong effect. I'll hopfully have a stand-in running by next weekend.

Cheers

Gus

- - - -

No luck with with site upgrade so it will probably go yo-yo for same days more. Sorry for that.

Some new pics of latest (but slowly) progress

NMSP Quad

NMSP_4_thumb.jpg NMSP_thumb.jpg NMSP_3_thumb.jpg

http://www.strandedduckling.com/NMSP_4.jpg

http://www.strandedduckling.com/NMSP.jpg

http://www.strandedduckling.com/NMSP_3.jpg

TISL Quad

TISL_v1_2_thumb.jpg TISL_v1_3_thumb.jpg

http://www.strandedduckling.com/TISL_v1_2.jpg

http://www.strandedduckling.com/TISL_v1_3.jpg

Found I had a DEC encoded thumbwhell instead of an expected BCD. New one is substatual more narrow than the planned, hence the black plate seen.

Indicators/buttons is same (I think) as bnepethomas uses. Cheep and easy to convert to 3mm LEDs.

Looked back to Thumbwheel SIOC/OC coding I did long time ago for the IFF panel and thought... why ???

Came up with this instead:

(Example is for the TISL Altitude thumbwheels (should compress it further and also use a subrutine per wheel but here goes..)]

SIOC Code:

Var 0940, name TISL_ALTX_1, Link IOCARD_SW, Device 2, Input 76 // PTR-TISLCP-ALT-ABV-TGT-WH1 10000ft

{

L0 = &TISL_ALTX_1 * 1

L1 = &TISL_ALTX_2 * 2

L2 = L0 + L1

L0 = &TISL_ALTX_4 * 4

L2 = L2 + L0

L0 = &TISL_ALTX_8 * 8

L2 = L2 + L0

&TISL_ALTX_RES = L2 + 1

}

Var 0941, name TISL_ALTX_2, Link IOCARD_SW, Device 2, Input 77 // PTR-TISLCP-ALT-ABV-TGT-WH1 10000ft

{

L0 = &TISL_ALTX_1 * 1

L1 = &TISL_ALTX_2 * 2

L2 = L0 + L1

L0 = &TISL_ALTX_4 * 4

L2 = L2 + L0

L0 = &TISL_ALTX_8 * 8

L2 = L2 + L0

&TISL_ALTX_RES = L2 + 1

}

Var 0942, name TISL_ALTX_4, Link IOCARD_SW, Device 2, Input 78 // PTR-TISLCP-ALT-ABV-TGT-WH1 10000ft

{

L0 = &TISL_ALTX_1 * 1

L1 = &TISL_ALTX_2 * 2

L2 = L0 + L1

L0 = &TISL_ALTX_4 * 4

L2 = L2 + L0

L0 = &TISL_ALTX_8 * 8

L2 = L2 + L0

&TISL_ALTX_RES = L2 + 1

}

Var 0943, name TISL_ALTX_8, Link IOCARD_SW, Device 2, Input 79 // PTR-TISLCP-ALT-ABV-TGT-WH1 1000ft

{

L0 = &TISL_ALTX_1 * 1

L1 = &TISL_ALTX_2 * 2

L2 = L0 + L1

L0 = &TISL_ALTX_4 * 4

L2 = L2 + L0

L0 = &TISL_ALTX_8 * 8

L2 = L2 + L0

&TISL_ALTX_RES = L2 + 1

}

Var 0944, name TISL_ALT_1, Link IOCARD_SW, Device 2, Input 72 // PTR-TISLCP-ALT-ABV-TGT-WH2 1000ft

{

L0 = &TISL_ALT_1 * 1

L1 = &TISL_ALT_2 * 2

L2 = L0 + L1

L0 = &TISL_ALT_4 * 4

L2 = L2 + L0

L0 = &TISL_ALT_8 * 8

L2 = L2 + L0

&TISL_ALT_RES = L2 + 1

}

Var 0945, name TISL_ALT_2, Link IOCARD_SW, Device 2, Input 73 // PTR-TISLCP-ALT-ABV-TGT-WH2 1000ft

{

L0 = &TISL_ALT_1 * 1

L1 = &TISL_ALT_2 * 2

L2 = L0 + L1

L0 = &TISL_ALT_4 * 4

L2 = L2 + L0

L0 = &TISL_ALT_8 * 8

L2 = L2 + L0

&TISL_ALT_RES = L2 + 1

}

Var 0946, name TISL_ALT_4, Link IOCARD_SW, Device 2, Input 74 // PTR-TISLCP-ALT-ABV-TGT-WH2 1000ft

{

L0 = &TISL_ALT_1 * 1

L1 = &TISL_ALT_2 * 2

L2 = L0 + L1

L0 = &TISL_ALT_4 * 4

L2 = L2 + L0

L0 = &TISL_ALT_8 * 8

L2 = L2 + L0

&TISL_ALT_RES = L2 + 1

}

Var 0947, name TISL_ALT_8, Link IOCARD_SW, Device 2, Input 75 // PTR-TISLCP-ALT-ABV-TGT-WH2 10000ft

{

L0 = &TISL_ALT_1 * 1

L1 = &TISL_ALT_2 * 2

L2 = L0 + L1

L0 = &TISL_ALT_4 * 4

L2 = L2 + L0

L0 = &TISL_ALT_8 * 8

L2 = L2 + L0

&TISL_ALT_RES = L2 + 1

}

Var 0948, name TISL_ALTX_RES // PTR-TISLCP-ALT-ABV-TGT-WH1 10000ft

Var 0949, name TISL_ALT_RES // PTR-TISLCP-ALT-ABV-TGT-WH2 1000ft

SIOCConfig.lua:

-- TISL Device ID 57

[948] = {SimpleRotary, 57, 3, 0.1}, -- PTR-TISLCP-ALT-ABV-TGT-WH1 10000ft

[949] = {SimpleRotary, 57, 4, 0.1}, -- PTR-TISLCP-ALT-ABV-TGT-WH2 1000ft

ExportSupport.lua:

function SimpleRotary(pValue, pDevice, pNumber)

GetDevice(pDevice):performClickableAction(pNumber + 3000,(pValue - 1)/10)

end

Cheers and happy building.

/Gus

- - - -

• 1 year later...

The sleeper has awakened...

Well, not peak performing yet but at least moving..

Pit been left alone collecting dust for more than a year. Sum of obligations did grow sky high and the list of "to-do", requests, family and real life triggered the shutdown mechanism and to survive the private pitbuilding was put to pending status.

Now slowly getting the time to restart that topic again. If I left some issue or request hanging, my apologies.

It's like starting all over again (almost). Reconnected most of the things and found several problems. Not totally sure they was relics from past time or new that surfaced after power came back.

Started troubleshooting from interface and upwards to DCS and things started to work again.

Central interface system is built with OpenCockpit/SIOC with some additional DCS-BIOS/Arduinos (CMSC and CMSP handling the TFT displays).

Thanks Ian ! If that had been around when I started, life had been easier :-)

Was still running 1.2.x and most of the pit was ok. Made a triple backup of my SIM PC (Image, Filecopy and consolidation of all SW for the interfaced) and made the leap to 1.5.x. It worked ! (Maybe obvious to some but for me it was a surprise)

Now running 1.5.2, all panel works, DCS BIOS has no issues (related to my scripts) Panels are (mostly) operational AND flight data extracts flows like a charm into SIOC. Viewport exports needs to be remade to some extent and holding my thumbs for SoftTH to respawn in a new version.

Anyway, back in (pit) business again

Cheers

/Gus

- - - -

• 3 weeks later...

Hey mate welcome back, Ive lost the flight sim bug completely despite 35 years of having it, dont know why ;-( we get to the pinnacle of my flight sim dreams and I lose it. Could be work stresses, too much drinking, hopefully I can solve all that this year.

Still read the forums every few days hoping to get the bug back and its this one that does the most!

Thanks Burnsy. True, and have had same feeling from time to time through the years but somehow can't get rid of it either the pit, urge or the bug so to speak. Slow pace and randow activities ;-) though. must be getting old. A good malt or a stout don't help either in the long term, tried that alredy

Hang in there (here)

- - - -

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

While waiting for Santa (I sneaked away and assembled my CMSC :- )

Vids are crappy (and so is the faceplate of the CMSP)

CMSC uses a I2C 2*20 display (white) with a green filter on top (Thanks Anton), Pics lie a bit, color is true medium green and looks great

CMSP has a 2x16, char strings chopped to be shown in the shorter width of display but seems to work fine.

Both are driven with a mix of DCS-BIOS and SIOC (for buttons). None of panels has back light

Merry Christmas to all

Cheers

Gus

- - - -

• 2 months later...

Looking for 3D printable files for the 2" & indexer housing having true (or close to) size.

Either as separate pieces or combined per side.

Anyone that has or can provide a source or link ?

A fee for a 'one time print option' of a complete housing is not a problem just if it stay in acceptable levels

Cheers

Gus

A10C_FrInstHouse.jpg.e02c910fc318d53e70d7cc623678e1e4.jpg

- - - -