Navy Screen Shots

nice shots dude!

It's fun to stack the deck like that, unfortunately to render that through the editor in v1.1 you would have to wait in real time during the audio write :(

How long does it take to fill up the carrier? A couple hours right?

Great shots though ;)

is this ok?

For my Carrier Ops vid it took 34 minutes to put 12 planes (F18's and F14's) on deck.

Thought it took longer, still sucks to have to wait, but I have a feeling thats how they fixed the scewed up views in the editor.

is this ok?

heh...Actually, I took a major shortcut for this one.

Using the Flyable su-30, I set myself as a single plane to takeoff from the Kuz with the mission editor. Ingame, I immediately hit Alt-J to jump out of my aircraft, and allow the AI to take over. Instead of taking off for me, The AI just turned around from its launch position, and started taxiing over to a free parking slot. It moved in, opened the canopy, got the ladder, shut down engines, and folded the wingtips. I then hit RCVR and walla, another plane popped up at launch. I continued to do this over and over and over till' the carrier's deck was full to capacity.

Sure is a MUCH easier way to set up a busy deck for some screenies and videos!

Too bad this could only work for the Russian Kuz and its flyable su-33. ;)

KuostASigcopy.png

• ED Team

A long time ago i made a small clip showing a US carrier, and the flight deck was full of aircraft (F-14's, F-18's), and i didnt have to wait all that long to have them on the deck all at once.

I just created all those planes and then have them to land on the carrier..

So after i started the game, i just speeded up time A LOT, and in about 1 minute the carrier deck was full of planes. :D

I even got a shot of one of the planes landing from a far away view, and we could clearly see that the deck was full of jets.

Sweet shots for the billionth time! LOMAC could pass anyday as a full blown ship-born naval sim if someone were to only get a look at screenies like these.

BTW, What is up with the smoke trail in the first few shots? Seems more like the horrendous smoke trails from the IL2 series. Il2 is a Beautiful game, I just dont get why the HECK the smoke is friggen 2D.

Edit: Ooh, nevermind, Just remembered that zooming out all the way for the fish-eye type of effect brings it to 2D. (lomac)

KuostASigcopy.png