F-14A/B DEVELOPMENT UPDATE #1 – 21/03/2015

Cobra847

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Aerosoft version is very good, and nao whit the TacPack como to work on P3D, i think will be better, because the updates the P3D recive.

But LN version como to be the ultimate version for sure. I hope the guys can have a good development until Q4 and bring it further in 2015 as planned.

Intel i7 7700K | ASUS MAXIMUN IX Hero | GSkill RBG 3000mhz 32G(4x8G) | MSI Trio 1080ti | 1x M.2 SSD Samsung 960PRO 512G | 1 x WesterDigital 4T | Corsair AX-850W | Monitor Alienware 34" aw3418dw | Oblisidian 800D |CORSAIR H80 | Teclado Logitech G15 |Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite | Trackir 5 + Clip pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Pedal MFG Crosswind

With the dynamic geometry of a swept wing aircraft is it too difficult to implement a PFM ?

Certainly not. If i'm not mistaken, having onedimensional variable geometry will increase the dimension of the lift/drag/etc. lookup tables by one (so for example the table will go from 2-dimensional to 3-dimensional, though i guess in reality the orders will already be higher). From an implementation perspective, that's nowhere near unsurmountable.

Obtaining the data that goes into the lookup tables, that's another matter entirely.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I cant wait for this to be released, their mig21 module is amazing and if their f14 is as good as that, which I fully expect it will be, then in my opinion it will cement leatherneck sims status as the best third party module maker for dcs.

I cant wait for this to be released, their mig21 module is amazing and if their f14 is as good as that, which I fully expect it will be, then in my opinion it will cement leatherneck sims status as the best third party module maker for dcs.

I really must agree, the MiG-21 is of unsurpassed (so far!) quality I would say.

I really must agree, the MiG-21 is of unsurpassed (so far!) quality I would say.

BIG +1

BIG +2

BIG +3 :p

Not to mention I think Leatherneck has pushed the envelope to a point where they are seriously going to challenge ED at their own game with all the details and care they put into their modules.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

BIG +3 :p

Not to mention I think Leatherneck has pushed the envelope to a point where they are seriously going to challenge ED at their own game with all the details and care they put into their modules.

BIG +4.

I spend around 90% of my DCS time with the MiG-21 (though I am new to DCS), even though I had no special interest in the MiG-21 prior buying it. It's amazing work!

-Nick

Leatherneck should be proud of what it achieved with the Mig 21 and for undertaking such a mammoth task with the F-14. It is devs like these guys that are making DCS the combat sim we have all wanted for years now. Bravo.

Edited by Low Blow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitch:

My Specs:

i7 8700K, 32gig Corsair DDR4 3000Mhz, 2080ti, Obutto R3volution, VKB Gunfighter Mk.III MCG Pro EN, Warthog Throttle, Saitek Combat Pedals, Oculus Rift S

MMSOBGYTAST!

My respects to Leatherneck too. His first DCS modules is better looking and most stable than other's developers modules.

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

BIG +7

Leatherneck has made an outstanding product already. Every time I get in the MiG I think "wow these people have some amazing talent!" and I can't wait for what they will do with the F-14.

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

Cobra, when we do get an update could you please let us know if the F-14B will be AG capable. All F-14Bs were strike aircraft from the 90s on(not many F-14Ds were made). I really would love to see that incorporated and many of us are wondering: )… I'll be getting it day one either way I'll just be a little less excited if it's AA only lol

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

I say ... "not a pound for air to ground" or in this case "not a minute for air to ground" :music_whistling:

Well 1/2 of the F-14Bs life was spent as a multi-role strike aircraft and most of the combat missions it flew were strike missions.... Not to mention DCS doesn't have a single multi-role aircraft released(yet). As I said I'll fly it either way but I really hope the incorporate some strike ability...

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Well 1/2 of the F-14Bs life was spent as a multi-role strike aircraft and most of the combat missions it flew were strike missions.... Not to mention DCS doesn't have a single multi-role aircraft released(yet). As I said I'll fly it either way but I really hope the incorporate some strike ability...

It's not that I would mind an A-G capable F-14B, it's just that LNS are already giving us two versions of the cat, and by my opinion this is the most difficult aircraft to model to this day (swing wings, dual cockpit, RIO AI, AIm-54, etc.) To model a Bombcat they need to redesign the back cockpit which will take more time.

It is true that F-14B spent 1/2 of theirs life as an multi-role strike aircraft, but I will personally always feel that the A-G missions was taken only to prolong F-14's life. It is first and foremost an fighter aircraft witch his career peak was in the 80's and early 90's. For a true muti-role strike fighter that kicks F/A-18E butt, we will need a F-14D :smilewink:.

Cobra, when we do get an update could you please let us know if the F-14B will be AG capable. All F-14Bs were strike aircraft from the 90s on(not many F-14Ds were made). I really would love to see that incorporated and many of us are wondering: )… I'll be getting it day one either way I'll just be a little less excited if it's AA only lol

Technically they were all A2G capable :)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

It's not that I would mind an A-G capable F-14B, it's just that LNS are already giving us two versions of the cat, and by my opinion this is the most difficult aircraft to model to this day (swing wings, dual cockpit, RIO AI, AIm-54, etc.) To model a Bombcat they need to redesign the back cockpit which will take more time.

It is true that F-14B spent 1/2 of theirs life as an multi-role strike aircraft, but I will personally always feel that the A-G missions was taken only to prolong F-14's life. It is first and foremost an fighter aircraft witch his career peak was in the 80's and early 90's. For a true muti-role strike fighter that kicks F/A-18E butt, we will need a F-14D :smilewink:.

The Strike Missions were given to the Tomcats because the F-18s didnt have the range due to drag from stores and shorter range.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Actually, all it needs is a LANTIRN pod. :) The Hornet pilots seem to freely admit this :D.

The new MFD came along after the integration of LANTIRN, though it did significantly improve the efficacy of LANTIRN (bigger screen means seeing more).

-Nick