[Tool] DCS Cleaner

galevsky06

Hello,

I developped a small tool to clean up the DCS-related content: DCS Cleaner

Dcs_cleaner.png

When you fly, a lot of files are generated and you loose free space for files that you just want to delete for most of them.

For screenshots, you can choose between "keep last month/week files" and "delete all". But only files in the root directory of screenshots are deleted, so if you have ./anyFolder/*.jpg content, they won't be deleted.

I will publish it soon with automated installer, if useful to others. (freeware of course)

I have a question: is it a problem if I re-use the DCS original Icon: Dcscleaner.png

Edited by galevsky06
  • Like 3

Nice one, will try it.

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SSD Friendly ? Why this soft has to be SSD friendly ?

Both DCS and Tacview generate files. If you consider these Mo then Go useless, just delete them. If you don't, keep them. But if you keep these files on your SSD even if you consider them as useless, you make me laught: you don't want to loose your disk but you prevent you from using all that space :D

Looking forward to it.

A long night of flying can produce some pretty large files.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

Temporary ones. Useless stuff that can occupy quite a significant amount of space if you never clear it.

Ok, but it is a normal folder for temp. data, containing different knid of files, and I cannot delete them safely. (ED can add/remove stuff and so on).

v1.0 version published here soon already exists and has been tested from July by my Wing. No diff expected since no issue with that version.

This light utility aims at deleting DCS files and Tacview ACMI files. Both DCS World & Tacview generate a huge amount of files, and disk space decrease seriously along with flights. The only way to get your space back is repetitive manual deletion, or personnal script. Best choice is DCS Cleaner.