Noob question..what is Suncom?

I have seen info on F-15E stick by Suncom here and there, but I cannot seem to google the company Suncom which produces relevant products.

Is it bankrupt or something?

The F-15E stick I saw looks great, I wonder if it is something like the Cougar, or is it more like CH.

P.S. And where can I buy the stick and the split throttle? I want to check their price range, to see if it is cheaper than CH stuff.

Suncom went through years ago, they had some nice looking sticks too they were just hard to get hold of in the UK when I was looking to buy a new stick and throttle years ago. Just one word of warning if they used the same kind of system that CH and TM used on their gameport sticks i.e a gameport plug and a pass through keyboard connector be careful if you use WinXP and MS in their infinite wisdom put a stop to that capability as they apparently saw it as a security hole (yeah that's right and they missed hundreds of others :icon_roll ) so if you use WinXP then you might not be able to program it or get drivers working unless it will operate as a standard DirectX compatible joystick. If I were to buy a new stick it would be a USB one.

I have a Suncom Talon here but I haven't used it for years. Never really cared for it though so it's in great shape.

I doubt you'd need any drivers for it and it is programmed via the keyboard, so it would probably work as long as you have a game port and a non-USB keyboard.

Maybe I'll ebay this dinosaur.

Abit IN9 32x MAX- Kentsfield QX6700 @3520

1.5 vcore watercooled D-Tek Fuzion/PA-160/MCR120/2x MCP655

2x2GB G-Skill 1066 5-5-5-15 2T@1.9vdimm

2x EVGA 580GTX 1.5GB SLI

2x 74GB Sata Raptor Raid0

2x 320GB Hitachi Sata II

X-FI Elite Pro

Dell U3011

Lian Li V2100B

Corsair HX1000

I have a Suncom Talon here but I haven't used it for years. Never really cared for it though so it's in great shape.

I doubt you'd need any drivers for it and it is programmed via the keyboard, so it would probably work as long as you have a game port and a non-USB keyboard.

Maybe I'll ebay this dinosaur.

You should they go for around $200 on ebay !!

Both the F-15E Talon and the SFS Throttle work perfectly with Windows XP.

Just create a custom 4-button 4-axis stick, and you're off.

Due to the rather cheap potentio meters Suncom has used in these devices, you'll probably need to calibrate them three or four times to get it right, but I'm not planning to buy any other HOTAS until my Suncom combo falls apart.

Dutch Flanker Display Team | LLTM 2010 Tiger Spirit Award

You should they go for around $200 on ebay !!

You are joking, no?

Abit IN9 32x MAX- Kentsfield QX6700 @3520

1.5 vcore watercooled D-Tek Fuzion/PA-160/MCR120/2x MCP655

2x2GB G-Skill 1066 5-5-5-15 2T@1.9vdimm

2x EVGA 580GTX 1.5GB SLI

2x 74GB Sata Raptor Raid0

2x 320GB Hitachi Sata II

X-FI Elite Pro

Dell U3011

Lian Li V2100B

Corsair HX1000