What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?

csper

What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?  

1729 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?

• I'm so happy thanks ED ! :))
    • I like, but it could be another WW2 plane. :)
    • I dont like P-51D, I want another WW2 plane. :|
    • I want WW2 scenery, not just a WW2 plane!
    • I want Flying Legends series to have only JETs. There is no place WW2 planes at JET's playground! :/
    • I just want ED to make modern aircrafts/helicopters.. :(
    • I want carrier ops!
    • I want two seater cockpit!
    • If Flying Legends will have only ww2 planes, so it has to be independent from moderns..
    • Flying Legends must have helicopters.

In next module you won't even be able to fly

:megalol: :thumbup:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this rate... if the next DCS module is a glider... I will not be surprised.

A: DCS is an open simulation environment, not confined to any one era, level of fidelity, or 1st party development. In the future 1st and 3rd parties may add all sorts of different units ranging from gliders to X-51s.

The way most forum users here interpret things I would say DCS: Glider is already "confirmed."

Joking aside, gliders can be part of a serious military simulation, maybe as the next flying legends module: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_CG-4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

not to be a negative nancy but...

I love DCS and ED been playing black shark and ai 10 for awhile now. I just heard about the. P 51 and I was exited and disappointed at the same time.

I just dont understand why the p51? You guys are not sure about counter part enemy aircraft yet like me109 or fw190 or even Korean war era mig's . Or realistic settings for the 51 to operate in. Now I understand it would take alot of time and effort to put forth those ideas and create the objects OK I get it.. then why not just make another modern fighter say the f18 or f16 or even an attack helicopter like the ah64 or ah1z cobra? Were all you have to do if create another single air frame model with cockpit and a campaign?

If I wanted to just fly a p51 in an unrealistic modern setting ill just use microsoft flight sim x

This is just my opinion sorry if I offend anyone..

From the FAQ:

Q: Why was the P-51 selected?

A: The P-51 began as a side project by some of the staff and showed good progress. Rather than put that effort to waste, we decided to flesh it out and release as a new aircraft for DCS.

:)

Also, regarding F-16's and F-18, here's a snippet from the announcement:

While the P-51D started as an internal technology demonstration, it has evolved into an independent product that adds an all new dimension to the DCS universe. The development of the P-51D and other Flying Legends series aircraft definitely does not preclude the continued development of modern aircraft.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

For the love of god put some hearts and minds at ease then and reveal what the next fastmover will be. I would be a very happy man again ;P

• Like 1

Flanker, Flanker 2.0, Flanker 2.5, Lockon, FC1, FC2,FC3, BS1, BS2, A10C, CA and World

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And have yet another "AAAARGH! You should do PLANE X instead!" going on? I like being a moderator, but I can only take so much without needing to be medicated. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Cadillac of the Sky

I love flightsims. I especially love very well made flightsims. Flightsims in which the planes you 'fly' are as real as possible, rendered in exacting detail while retaining good gameplay. I love such flightsims, as ED has been providing for years now, because I'm interested in having the possibility of (simulated) flying. I love 'flying' in biplanes, in WW II fighters, in jets or helicopters. Whenever a developer like ED announces that it will publish a WW II fighter, I get very exited, because I know that ED will make an exceptionally well made flightsim. In the past 100 years of powered flight thousands of different types have been made. Hundreds of them very worthy of a flightsim. But you can't make hundreds of flightsims at once. Choices have to be made. The choice for the "Cadillac of the Sky" is excellent. I'm eagerly awaiting DCS P-51 Mustang.

• Like 1

I like that they made it. I DO NOT like that they are making it online multiplayer compatable with KA-50/A10C/FC3. It will pull me right out of my immersion.

X-Wing vs Tie Fighter

Ha Ha your killing me. :)

Edited by ZQuickSilverZ

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The choice for the "Cadillac of the Sky" is excellent. I'm eagerly awaiting DCS P-51 Mustang.

You don't have to be ashamed if you get wet eyes... :P:

(I think it is designed/triggered this way by the "mission designer" aka S.Spielberg)

(and I hope doing a re-post after others have made 400 re-postings in other threads isn't considered as "spamming" by the Moderators ...)

BTW: I voted : This poll is silly!

Edited by PeterP

Simple they are making one world which you fly the aircraft so one set of rules about aerodynamica.

Maybe that way other companies like Aeorsoft can create their airplanes (which ED doenst want to make) and the community will be happier (or not).

That is the most horrible idea I have ever heard.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I like that they made it. I DO NOT like that they are making it online multiplayer compatable with KA-50/A10C/FC3. It will pull me right out of my immersion.

Its all about having the option to do it if we want. Personally I don't feel the need to include every possible flyable aircraft into an MP mission. Sure it makes sense for a free flight, but the P-51 and to an extent the Ka-50, are only viable in FC servers when their target areas are behind friendly lines. Even then I think its a terrible idea.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

And have yet another "AAAARGH! You should do PLANE X instead!" going on? I like being a moderator, but I can only take so much without needing to be medicated. :D

Word!!! getting sick of reading this plane and that plane especially when you can clearly tell the poster has no idea whatsover. (Hind, AH 64 just to name a few). Forum should ban teenagers!!!!!

Intel i5 7600K @ 4.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4 @ 3200MHz | MSI RTX 4060 Gaming X 8G | WD Black NVMe 2TB | Sound Blaster Audigy RX | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | Corsair H80i v2 | Corsair RM750x | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Flight Pack | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Home 64-bit |

Sig1.png

It will pull me right out of my immersion.

That's subjective in the extreme, especially considering that the Mustang was in operational service up to 1984. In any event, nobody is forcing you to fly on a server that caters for all three - who knows, that might even be the exeption to the rule.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What do you think about DCS: P-51D and Flying Legends series?

I think it's cool, ED's quality level taken into account. Yah, sure gonna buy them, even if for just flying around...

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

That's subjective in the extreme, especially considering that the Mustang was in operational service up to 1984.

Will the Dominican Republic be a country in the sim?

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Will the Dominican Republic be a country in the sim?

Add it to the wish-list, alternatively step a mere 6 years back ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I stand by what I said that idea is horrible. The problem with opening up to third parties is differing levels of quality. You will have 3rd party publishers making low quality airframes just to cash in on the DCS name. The idea of using a common aerodynamic engine for all types of aircraft is all aircraft are not aerodynamically the same. As far as immersion..... maybe they did fly it until 1984 but, I am sure it was not in the kind of combat environment we are playing in. They may have used it for observation or maybe in a less technically advanced area but I guarantee you they would never send it into battle with Flankers, T-72's and Sam's.

And here is the biggest problem with third party. DCS seems to be evolving as we play it. DCS:BS2 is a perfect example. Now suppose they had third party airframes for DCS:BS /FC2..... are they going to support it when ED decides they want to do a major engine or sound overhaul DCS:BS2 FC3)? My guess.....NO!

So can we please drop this third party developer nonsense?

Edited by ZQuickSilverZ

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They may have used it for observation or maybe in a less technically advanced area but I guarantee you they would never send it into battle with Flankers, T-72's and Sam's.

Well then you only have the mission-designer to blame. As said, who will force you to fly a mixed server?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So can we please drop this third party developer nonsense?

No, but you can.......

To each their own I say, and if you're not into the Mustang, by all means don't buy it and you won't have any issues. As for third parties, no one will force you to buy. But as a simmer if you ask me if I'd like options I'll say yes please! After all it's just an option therefore "optional".