RIP Jim Mackonochie

Wags

Very sad to hear such news. Deep condolences to family and friends.:(

"Я ошеломлён, но думаю об этом другими словами", - некий гражданин

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.

My heartfelt condolences to his family, friends and colleagues.

Meeting and staying in contact with Dee and Jim was one of the most valuable rewards I got from being in this hobby and community. I was very sorry for him when he notified me of her having passed away and looked forward very much to meeting him again.

Now I'll just have to wait a bit longer and I'm taking comfort from believing that he rejoined his beloved Dee.

"Holding Hands"

"For aviators like us, the sky is not the limit - it's our home!"

I am as shocked as all of you...

Just read the news...

He was such a great man (took the time to answer all our messages with patience and passion).

My sympathies to the family and to the flying community!

Jean-François

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

Deep Sympathies and respect.

On behalf of all members of my squadron please accept our great sympathy and respect for the loss of a man who has influenced the world of combat flight simulation. As someone who became addicted to the "Flanker DCS ED LockOn" group of sims I know that I owe Jim Mackonochie a debt of gratitude for his indelible contribution the genre. R.I.P Jimmy Mack S!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow. It's always a strange sort of sadness that hits when you hear about the passing of someone who you never met and never directly talked to, but whose long-term presence and writings you'd grown to respect and value over the years as an integral part of a community that you've found so much enjoyment in.

RIP, Jim.

In these circumstances there are never the right words to comfort the people around him, but only bitterness and a sense of emptiness ... :(

The picture posted by Wags says a lot of how passion and admiration for aviation were strong in Jim ... The eyes do not lie!

Rest in peace Jim and leverages your new wings to keep flying higher and higher!

[sIGPIC]index.php?action=dlattach;topic=17112.0;attach=7646;image[/sIGPIC]

www.36stormovirtuale.net

From seeing the outpouring of sympathy by so many he must have been a great person...we should all strive to have that kind of impact on everyone around us as this man did...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit