DCSW Airfield diagrams -Beta Release

shu77

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job Shu Thanks for all your hard work. :D

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

That is some fine work Shu. I'll use this doc as an "insert" when I'll print the manual after final release.

Appreciated

+1

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Not having a printer at home I got to a bit of an stop point on the weekend, but I have a hard copy of the beta diagrams on me now and this weeks effort is going to be an F10 fly-by and red pen mark up of each chart to confirm structure locations and which runways have labelled taxiways so that my lettering corresponds to what the game has listed.

I discovered quite accidentally that Taxiway A at Sukhumi takes you the long way around.....

As for printing, you should be able to set your printer to print pages per page to get an A5 lay out on A4, Although the easiest option seems to be to scam A5 paper from somewhere and print straight to that.

In terms of the comments received:

-Regional airfields are now in my working version, I've

found 3 in Georgia near Kutiasi and Batumi, does anyone know of any others?

-ILS RWY is now added to the charts with ILS present, corrected the ILS LOC icon on two airfields.

-Have added a Grid square overlay to Novo and deleted the extra text.

-Have a Russian version in template which will use metric measures, once the maps are complete.

Next update will likely be Saturday depending on how long the referencing takes.

• Like 1

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Excellent work, Shu!

A couple things I noticed:

• Senaki is no longer a military airbase. It transitioned to civil use last year. I'll try to provide a cite for this.
  • Why is Abkhazia (Apkhazeti) listed as part of Russia in the Gudauta diagram?

• Like 1

thx bro great job..:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Good job, Shu! :thumbup:

+1

kind regards,

fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK

By way of update for those of you following, the red pen update for the charts was finished last night, all towers are identified and hopefully all POL and ammo depots that are on the maps are now identified in hard copy.

I have also got the updated taxiway map for Senaki, Tbilsi, Sukhumi and Nellis.

Theres also a typo in the current Tbilsi diagram with the directions reversed and one chart showing a 1000m 'measuring' line still that should be gone.

A couple of the new airfields feel incomplete, Groom in particular, but Tbilisi is an awesome FSX style accomplisment that you just want to operate out of.

I'm planning a third release of these once the final product is out, but my next update should be fairly accurate. Of course I got up this morning to find BETA 2 was out so thats downloading now and after a quick review I will get the updates added and hopefully out before the weekend.

• Like 1

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

cw1.png

UPDATE: INTERIM RELEASE

New version on post 1. This version represents the changes discussed in the thread and includes regional airports. It will also serve as my interim release through to the final release of DCSW. I am fairly happy its accurate now in terms of object placement so if you see a problem call it out.

Once the final product is out I will do a further update to incorporate improvements added to the airfields.

• Like 1

cw1.png

Thanks for the update! I think beta 2 added a new airport as well, Breslan?

Bother!

I finished my first pass of the airfields and then Beta 2 came out, so I decided against going back through to check if any extra taxiway markings were added to avoid having to do it each beta, with the intent of doing it again at the final product. That in mind I only fired beta 2 up enough to check it installed last night. If theres a new field though I will pick that up and possibly do a single page release for it in the mean time.

• Like 2

cw1.png