Throttle settings

webb2526

Hi,

I am using the Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, and the afterburner in the M2000C only engages a fair amount past the afterburner detent on the throttle.

Is there a way of changing the throttle settings so that the afterburner will activate as soon as the throttle is in the afterburner range?

Cheers :)

Mechanical Aircraft Technician - RAF

Pilots licence - LAPL (A+S)

Intel I7 6700K @4.8GHz / MSI RTX 2080 Gaming trio / 32Gb DDR4 3000MHz RAM

Setting the throttle as a slider, adding a dead zone and using the suck it and see method will be the answer. To my mind though, it works straight out of the box.

Mines pretty close as well, just a bit past the detent before the afterburner kicks in. I've modified the detent so the throttle bumps it then with a slight push it rides over the detent so it's not too bad.

@NeilWillis - What does "using the suck it and see method" mean? Just curious...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Setting the throttle as a slider, adding a dead zone and using the suck it and see method will be the answer. To my mind though, it works straight out of the box.

Thank you! I did that and it seems to work a lot better now :)

Mines pretty close as well, just a bit past the detent before the afterburner kicks in. I've modified the detent so the throttle bumps it then with a slight push it rides over the detent so it's not too bad.

Yeah I did the same, so I can just push through the detent instead of having to lift the whole unit up to get into afterburner.

Well if you remove the tab that enables/disables the detent, and shave a little bit off the top of the black bits next to the red bit, that should make it easier.

If you're not sure which black part I mean, remove the top cover and move the throttles into the detent. You'll see that the throttles have to get lifted above the black part of the tab.

And just make sure you're shaving a little off at a time and keep testing it until you're happy, you don't want to go too far!

Cant you play a bit with the axis curves to get it aligned with the detent?

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cant you play a bit with the axis curves to get it aligned with the detent?

Yes I've done this too, but the adjustment to the tab on the throttle itself just makes it easier to get into the afterburner detent.

RE: Modifying the detent.

Do a search in the "Input and Output" section in the forums. There is a "how to" thread there somewhere with photos IIRC.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

That's the one. Forgot I put a photo in there...

""REMEMBER""!!!!!!...... Only a little bit at a time until it's where you like it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]