DCS: Black Shark 1.0.1 Read Me

Wags

Yes, as listed in second to last item in fix list now.

Goodie! Thanks for clearing that up.

Trains, here I come :pilotfly:

"There are only 10 types of people in the world — those who understand binary, and those who don't."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... to be honest im a little dissapointed.

The listed improvements to the ME are pretty limited and havent removed the labour intensive nature of making half decent missions. Theres been no attempt to improve ground ai behaviour (lets face it there is no ai behaviour unless the mission author goes to the extravagent lengths to manually 'script' it with thousands of triggers, even then many vital trigger logics are missing still ) Things like branching waypoints, waypoint actions, trigger rules such as group % alive, % dead, side % alive/dead, group sees enemy etc are all still missing and these are just the bare essentials to make the ME acceptable.

One can only hope the editor gets its own patch at some point, and soon, because it is the crux of sim content and replayability. And i won't even speak of the possibility of dynamic campaigns given the aenemic results of this patch.

• Like 3

Name a flight sim that has all that. I'll be waiting.

The listed improvements to the ME are pretty limited and havent removed the labour intensive nature of making half decent missions. Theres been no attempt to improve ground ai behaviour (lets face it there is no ai behaviour unless the mission author goes to the extravagent lengths to manually 'script' it with thousands of triggers, even then many vital trigger logics are missing still ) Things like branching waypoints, waypoint actions, trigger rules such as group % alive, % dead, side % alive/dead, group sees enemy etc are all still missing and these are just the bare essentials to make the ME acceptable.

One can only hope the editor gets its own patch at some point, and soon, because it is the crux of sim content and replayability. And i won't even speak of the possibility of dynamic campaigns given the aenemic results of this patch.

PS: ME will always get updates and upgrades, but it will also always be INCREMENTAL and not always what you want to see.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

thats kinda the point. this isnt just a flight sim, this is a sim for a ground attack aircraft. the ground vehicle ai is INTEGRAL to this. therefore the sim i will name is a ground combat vehicle sim: Steel beasts pro.

It has all of that and more.

Im sure the editor willl always get upgrades but again thats kinda the point, its almost incidental. Its not about what I want to see( well ok yes it is, but its no from a selfish perspective) its about what will make this sim infinitely more playable and replayable and hence make the online/MP community thrive and remain active.

All just one persons opinion naturally. but there it is.

Wow impressive stuff. Cant wait!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

In which way it would be necessary to edit our selfmade missions?

What will happen if I used "MESSAGE" or "MESSAGE AND DELAY"?

Would it be necessary to do something with our missions to assume the new features?

...Like open and save again?

Edited by =STP= Dragon

Awesome, thanks guys. Items on the list confirm once again what makes this & LO the best there is: the attention to detail and immersion to the fullest. Someone/Team at ED obviously accepts nothing less than striving for maximum accuracy, continuous imrovements and enhancements...thanks again.

Tons of fixes, plus new models? Why not call it 1.1 instead? Why the "zero" :D Hopefully after so much time it is tested well :P

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

- Added functionality to the INFO menu in the ABRIS to display the altitude and magnetic declination of the currently viewed point, as well as the range and bearing from the helicopter to the point.

- The R-800 frequency knobs will no longer skip past ‘0’ when being turned downward.

Thanks for implementing this, ED ! :thumbup:

+1

this is peanuts. :shifty:

Agreed

Because compared to the next scheduled release, this is peanuts. :shifty:

Oh I tease!

A new 3d engine without atual limitations, enhanced ground AI behavior, great communication with ground crew, dynamic campaign......

Oh I dream :)

How about just quickly adding a visible ground crew when you re-arm, re-fuel or use external power before release. Just has to be a truck that drives up.

hey hey ;)

Win 10pro x64 | i5 2500 | 16GB RAM | GTX1060 6GB | Logitech G940 | Tir5 + TC

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Damn you ED! The read-me looks pretty impressive! Unfortunately, it means you'll be gearing things up for the A-10C development, which means now I'll have something else to long for - another itch I can't scratch! Thanks. :cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

SCRIPTING BROADCASTING RADIO STATION PROGRAMS.

Can we get the game to support MP3 filetypes ? as converting a entire folder of music files for a radio station to play in OGG or WAV is just downright crazy.

I have 20 songs in my radio station already and the size is about 600mb and thats cut down size from 44khz to 22khz and changed from mp3 to wav.

The game REALLY does need mp3 if its to have something of a decent radio station playback capability.

The game REALLY does need mp3 if its to have something of a decent radio station playback capability.

Despite MP3 is wide spread, licensing for its decoders and encoders is a bit tricky. In some countries patents regarding MP3 are considered to be in effect and any unlicensed implementation is against the law. After a few years these patents will expire and such problems will disappear, but now it is problematic. I think this could be the reason why we have no MP3 support in DCS.

• Like 2

Wir sehen uns in Walhalla.