MiG-21 LAUNCH TRAILER & ANNOUNCEMENT - COMING 18/09/2014!

Cobra847

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this mean that there is an update on the 18th?

Perhaps yes - full update or only MiG module. We will see...

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I've never seen a module release that didn't bring a core update yet. So probably either 1.2.11 or 2.0 ;)

Well, that is true but it doesn't necessarily mean a major update like the EDGE...

It could be just an "maintance update" in this propose, like the update we had after the release of DCS: FW-190D :cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aircraft I have thoroughly studied: A-10C, Ka-50, Mig-21bis, UH-1H, Boeing 737-800/900, Dash-8Q400, Bell-407

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

i7-8750H@2.2GHz 6 Cores turbo up to 4.1GHz, GTX1070 Max-Q@8GB GRAM, 16G RAM, 512G SSD, 500G SSD, CH Product Fighter Stick, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5.

I would suspect that v2.0 would be released as part of the open beta model whilst the MiG-21 isn't a beta and will likely just have a small update in DCS - speculation on part

Someone already asked on the russian side of the forum if Mig will be released with EDGE, cobra answered no. On the 18th it will come out on the current engine. Maybe an update 1.2.11 but nothing major just to answer your questions.

Edited by RUS38

A little ot but i have to ask. Is the weather in the mp synchronized for all players? Can i hide from the radar beam in the coulds?

Hide from the radar in clouds? Radars in combat aircraft are not blocked by clouds, degraded a (very) little depending on frequency, but this is not modeled in-game. Is that what you meant??

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

The Mig-21 can pick up Ground- and Cloud clutter.

So i think he ment, that you can hide behind this Cloud clutter.

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

The Mig-21 can pick up Ground- and Cloud clutter.

So i think he ment, that you can hide behind this Cloud clutter.

We don't know how the cloud clutter is modeled but I assume the clouds are just procedurally generated from a seed.

So they would be the same for everyone.

If the cloud clutter actually takes the actual clouds into account is another thing.

We don't know how the cloud clutter is modeled but I assume the clouds are just procedurally generated from a seed.

If the cloud clutter actually takes the actual clouds into account is another thing.

The cloud clutter takes actual clouds into account.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Just what made you think the cloud clutter could have been random?

Okay i asked wrong. I wanna to know if the coulds can hide my position on enemy radar...and if the coulds have the same ppsition for everyone...if they are sinchronized.

Well, the radar includes a filter that filters out ground clutter and clouds. Whether that filter is purely for making it easier to read the radar, or if it helps detecting and locking onto things I dont know though.

I am pretty sure radar is not blocked by clouds, only IR. Otherwise we wouldn't be able to listen to radio or use mobile phones in a fog. It might affects it's effectiveness though, but to what extent I do not know.

AMD Ryzen 3600, Biostar Racing B850GT3, AMD Rx 580 8Gb, 16384 DDR4 2900, Hitachi 7K3000 2Tb, Samsung SM961 256Gb SSD, Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X, Samsung S24F350 24'

I am pretty sure radar is not blocked by clouds, only IR. Otherwise we wouldn't be able to listen to radio or use mobile phones in a fog. It might affects it's effectiveness though, but to what extent I do not know.

Propagation of radio waves in the air differs greatly with wavelength, weather, time of day and a ton of other factors. So if a radar will detect clouds or precipitation is not a simple yes no question. For example, weather radars are designed specifically to see rain, hail and snow.